main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time to Collect those Happy Thoughts Again

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Mar 18, 2008.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Well that's a good sign they sent him home. :). Hopefully he follows the doctors instructions. I know it can be frustrating, ***hugs**.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, it is so frustrating when parents don't do what they are supposed to in regards to their own health!! Gah!

I hope that everything goes smoothly with his recovery and that things look up from here. BTW, how is your mom? Did the shingles clear up?

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    So far, so good, thanks. By some ironic twist of something, his heart and cholesterol are fantastic, even though he has COPD and his lungs are poodoo from decades of smoking.... So the medicine started working faster than they anticipated.

Mom still has some shingles, but she didn't get them super bad. She feels it, but it's not debilitating at all.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Could use a few good thoughts for my family. This morning one of my cousins was found unresponsive and was declared dead at the hospital. He just turned 32 years old 2 weeks ago, and leaves behind a wife and 3 young boys (9, 6, & 4). My uncle has been struggling for a while and this has just been too much for him, so we're pretty worried about him.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    So sorry to hear that. [:D]@};-

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Good vibes coming your way.

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry Zoo. My condolences for you and your family. :( [:D]

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So sorry for your loss Zoo. You and your family are in our thoughts.

9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    My Sincerest Condolences Zoo. So Tragic and So Young. BIG-FAT-HUG.

10. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Sending you hugs and love in this difficult time, Zoo.

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My aunt who has cancer ended up in the hospital with RSV. She's somewhat recovered from that, but her blood counts are so bad that she's back to the same levels she was before she started real (as opposed to her online 'miracle cure' poodoo) cancer treatment. We're waiting to hear from my uncle's wife, who went to the Dr with her, for more reliable and detailed info, but my mother's perception is that they won't be able to try another stem cell transplant, which is the backbone of the treatment for this cancer (multiple myloma).

Meanwhile, one of my best friends is preparing to lose her mother to pancreatic cancer. She's had surgery to remove what they could, and they're deciding the next treatment now while she recovers, but it's not a good prognosis.

So if you can spare some good thoughts, it would be much appreciated.

12. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    You family and friends are in our thoughts.

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Tomorrow I go under the knife...and no, nothing too serious. Just an arteriovenous malformation in my left leg. It should be an outpatient thing where I'm home that night, but it still kind of freaks me out that they'll be cutting into my leg and putting my under "conscious sedation." And it's not even Starfest yet! ;)

Wish me luck!

catz44 likes this.
  14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    "Conscious sedation"? Sounds like a contradiction to me. How strange. Good luck, DWRD!

QHM - I missed your earlier post. I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt and friend's mother. :( Thinking good thoughts your way. [:D]

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, T. My aunt is still in the hospital fighting infections. When she gets done with that, there's a newer drug they can try.

Jonathan, good luck! And here's hoping that "conscious sedation" means you're too stoned to care....

Smartphones are neato.

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    They also like to call it "twilighting," but I'm willing to bet they've stopped that to keep people from freaking out about the sparkles. ;)

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I guess they tried the drug then had to take her off it and put her back on IV antibiotics. But today I got word that things got worse. They moved her to ICU today and they think she may have had a stroke.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear that, Q. :( Do they think that the new drug caused the problem, or was it more a complication from other sources? Medications can do wonderful things, but they can be scary in other ways sometimes.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    They really don't know -- and she's always reacted strangely to drugs. I didn't realize it until today, but she's had 7 or 8 units of blood over the last month, too, and that would be because of the cancer. There are just too many variables. They have had the "lifesaving measures" talk with her son, and we're kind of waiting to hear when the doctors come around again. And it sucks, because Mom really can't leave Dad with the huge blood clot (she has to *give him his meds* otherwise he just doesn't even think about it), and she's not sure he can even travel. And her childhood best friend stopped her treatment for pancreatic cancer about a month ago, who is also in Nebraska (my aunt is in Omaha). It's just a big frakking mess. :_|

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm so sorry. Any one of those things would be a horrible stress to deal with, but to have all of them dump on you at once is truly terrible. :( [:D]

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm sorry, I hope things start going better.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Catz.

Got word tonight that my aunt is dying. We don't know how long she has, but she's basically comatose. My poor mother doesn't know whether to go or not.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, I'm so sorry, Q. :( [:D]

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, T.

Smartphones are neato.