main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
  2. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    You took a play right out of my book lol. I like the way you think.

3. Darth slaughter

Feb 22, 2013
    Everyone wants something different it seems.
    We just got to hope that whatever the new movie does that it does it right

4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    It's imperative that they get this right, otherwise the film and the rest of the trilogy will be doomed (which they will obviously be well aware of) I wonder if when Lucas handed over his drafts for the ST that he'd been working on, the reaction was," yeah thanks we'll be sure to have a good look at this" ( while nonchalantly tossing it over his shoulder)

5. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    This idea is similar to the story i wrote back in '99.

6. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    What, you mean another galaxy even further away than the one far, far away?

7. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    Yes, sort of. The main antagonist could be a new kind of force user from outside the SW galaxy. Or perhaps an altogether different kind of evil that threatens the very existence of midichlorians. A super-powerful anti-midichlorian being of sorts. Something along those lines.

8. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    cosmicbooknews is notorious for being inaccurate according to Latino Review (which is usually on par). I hope this is right as all these things are practical. The only way to make it interesting bringing the Sith back is for it to be different than what we have seen previously ie more than two...or female. Any change from the same character structure we've seen makes it less a retread.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Like matter and anti-matter? The anti-forcer?
    Darth Dru
    Or perhaps an altogether different kind of evil that threatens the very existence of midichlorians. A super-powerful anti-midichlorian being of sorts. Something along those lines.

Darth Dru, your villain reminds me of the DC comics series Crisis on Infinite Earths and it's villain, The Anti-Monitor.....who used an anti-matter gun to destroy the alternate worlds of DC's universe(Earth 1,2,3,etc)....leading to the unified universe at the end.

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Lucas refused to show them the treatments until they agreed that they would use them and had to trust his creative vision. Once they showed him the agreement, he provided the treatments, which they liked. Lucas had no intention of selling to them if they did not agree to adhear to his vision for the ST.

Darthsuggs and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    ShaneP
    Already got that. Called Darth Nihilus and he was pretty cool (because he was as weak in a way as he was strong).

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, there you go....already created. Slap him into the film......billion dollars.

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Really? That's quite interesting. So Lucas was basically saying 'this is what I want or you can forget it'

14. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Was it ever clear who Anakins Father was? GL was ambigous about if it was midi chlorians or a force user having the power of creating life as Sidious stated in the PT.
    Since the saga was always a story about the skywalkers and ST is episode 7 it seems clear that the story has to be about Luke. Rather than introduce a new villian/sith/threat/empire et cetera why not have the baddie be Anakins "Father"? - Perhaps betrayal locked him up somewhere, maybe he was stuck, maybe palpatine manipulated him to his advantage,who knows - Now we have a villian who psychologically can mess with skywalker because in essence he created Luke too via Anakin. Whatever the reason is he finally reappears on the scene and he makes palpatine look like a boy scout who got lucky.

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Anakin was conceived by Shmi and the Force itself, purportedly in response to Darth Plagueis's experiments on the midichlorians, so he does not have a father. Ironically, Plagueis had claimed he could create the Chosen One with his experiments, and he might have indirectly had a hand in Anakin's birth.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would be willing to bet if it's to be Plagueis then he will essentially take the place of Palpatine for what appears to be a Dark Empire storyline. Episode 8 might end with an important Force user, if not Luke then Han and Leia's child, turning to the darkside to defeat it from within.

17. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Yup, or the Emperor Reborn himself. Used to cringe at the idea, but after much time considering the opera scene and the Plagueis immortality plot, I think it would actually tie the three trilogies together quite well. Anakin's unhealthy attachment (selfish love) is his downfall in PT, he's redeemed by his son's healthy attachment to/unselfish love for him in the OT, then Luke's attachments (to his sister/extended family?) are tested while he tries to take down the Emperor Reborn from inside.

Posted this idea on this board before, but so what! lol

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Lol, I'm pretty sure I posted this before as well.

19. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    It's funny how the Plagueis thing makes DE more plausable.

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    The idea was that Palpatine manipulated the midi's to "create" Anakin. Remember Palgueis taught him everything he knew before Palpy killed him. This is confirmed by earlier drafts of RotS. Palpy tells Anakin about creating him using the Force & says "so you could say I'm like your Father". Anakin replies "that's impossible!". I believe this dialogue may have even been filmed. Apparently GL changed his mind about Anakin's turn at the last minute & re shot alot of scenes.

21. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    So, as I see it, there are generally 5 categories of main villain that could appear in the ST, with regards to their relationship to Palpatine (the primary antagonist for Episodes I-VI):

1. Palpatine himself, returned from the dead somehow.
    2. Palpatine's superior; a master who was behind everything the whole time.
    3. Palpatine's successor; a pupil or inheritor of some sort
    4. A threat kept at bay by Palpatine and the Sith/Empire
    5. A completely unrelated villain

For me, it would have to be one of 1-4 to feel like a proper conclusion to the Star Wars saga (there will also have to be Skywalkers involved). 5 would just be a random epilogue.

If I had to guess, I'd go for 3 (that recent rumour about Palpatine's disciple hit pretty close to the mark of what I'm expecting). Thoughts?

22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    50 pages later and no one has fixed the title?

Darth Chiznuk and CT-867-5309 like this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say the order they're listed in is the order of likeliness (chosen one prophecy aside).

1. Palpatine is the archnemesis of the Skywalkers.
    2. Palpatine's predessecor/superior/master is the one villain that could would "outdo" Palpatine himself.

24. Darth slaughter

Feb 22, 2013
    What if palpatine/plagueis did have a hand in the creation of anakin.... And what if anakin was not the only one to be born to the force via their experiments....What if there was another?

Or something different... What if palpatine had a son/daughter? The anti christ type.
    He had all that power, probably had a lot of females knocking around him... I'm sure old palps got the urge sometimes? :)
    Maybe his son/daughter wants revenge...
    Revenge of the Sith..... Shame that's already been done!

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Could audiences handle seeing a child who is the cross between Plapy and Sly Moore on the screen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.