main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion When will you see Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Feelicks, Mar 17, 2013.

?

When will you see VII?

1. Midnight showing

65.9%
  2. Anytime during opening day

31.9%
  3. A few weeks later

11.0%
  4. A few months later

2.2%
  5. Never

3.3%
  6. Other

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Priceless! Can't believe that there is a 6 year old continuity hound. Don't show her the Droids cartoon series or the Ewok movies!

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... but, feel free to feed her my unopened original box of 3POs Cereal that I have up on Ebay. Should be fine to eat... it is an unopened box.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont plan to. I gotta let her enjoy these precious moments of OT *the original theatrical version* goodness. She's hilarious sometimes. I even gave her a lightsaber and we fight sometimes. Except now she constantly comes into my room at 3am in the morning with her lightsaber and demands we fight. Girl is dedicated *except she can't fight at all*.

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So, she is a purist watching the OT and not the OT:SE? Sounds like a good big sis is helping the padawan along. Watch out for sneak attacks, my best friend's son always attacks from behind the couch during football games. Always. I don't remember plastic lightsabers hurting that much when I was a kid.

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I showed her the original originals. She's learning to fight better but one of her friends.....man this one kid Sam knows is brutal. He freaking stabs and aims for the head. And these lightsabers are not the plastic ones. They freaking hurt when they hit you and make sounds when they do!

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Kid's got good taste. ;) Sounds like me when I was six years old...huge crush on Luke Skywalker and all. :p I was also in denial about his age for a very long time. Kids don't understand aging and what it does to you...they think if they saw it on TV it still looks like that and will always look like that...as if the actors are kept in an anti-aging box or something. [face_laugh]

Darth Claire likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I wish it were that way where the actors in the show didn't age and were still beautiful and fit forever. Sadly...it seems that unless your career demands you stay pretty and in shape...you probably wont :(

8. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i'll be there at midnight wearing all of my TFN bracelets and my bantha apron.

9. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Like everyone else I'll be there opening day and if it doesn't suck, I'll be there again later in the week to see it without all of the chatter from people talking about it as I and others are watching it.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Midnight opening or sometime Opening Day or Weekend.

11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I bought the big bad Obi-Wan costume from Museum Replicas. Got a nice lightsaber for the belt. I think I kinda look like Ewan, so I'm growing a beard and my hair to mimic his in RotS.

You can bet your bantha I'll be at the marathon event my theater will no doubt have leading up to the midnight premiere in full garb, giggling with anticipation the entire time.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Early and often.

13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    There's a choice missing from the list. How about a few days later? I've never been to a midnight showing and I never will. It's not that serious. Opening day for a movie of this caliber will be a zoo. I usually wait a few days for a blockbuster to calm down some and for some initial reviews to come in. If it's positive feedback, I'll go. If not, I'll wait to rent it on Blu-Ray. I got burned by the PT and won't do that to myself again. Saw TPM in the theater, left almost in tears. Avoided AOTC until it came to DVD. Saw ROTS and walked out shaking my head. I trust JJA, but I am not getting my hopes up again.

14. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I can't not see it at midnight.

15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    As soon as possible.

16. Hayato112

Hayato112 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    Opening night!

17. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I hope there isn't some sort of 'sneak peak' thing, like with Star Trek. Likewise, I hope the release date is the same globally. There needs to be one worldwide release date so everyone can experience it at (relatively) the same time

18. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    I'll definitely be going to the midnight premiere for this. There's also a local theater or two in my area that sometimes has early screenings of the really big and anticipated blockbusters, so if that ends up happening for Episode VII, I'll probably do that too. :cool:

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    The first available showing in my hometown (unless I'm on holiday at the time - in which case it'll be the first available showing in my holiday town :))

Immortiss likes this.
  20. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I never see it opening night, as I try to stay away from the people who dress up (they give us all a bad name). I will go on the weekend, and then probably see it again on the next weekend.

21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Hater.

22. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    ????? What does that mean???

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Let me give this riddle a crack...

Darth Chiznuk and fishtailsam like this.
  24. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    I don't hate those people, I just think its ridiculous for adults to dress up in Jedi outfits to watch a movie as it all gives us a bad name. I simply stated I stayed away opening night for this specific reason and see them on the weekend. If that means I am a hater, then people need to get a life here.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Been watching this since that original comment was made.

Carbon1985 - I'm not a cosplayer, but why do adults dressing up and having fun "give us all a bad name"? I completely and totally disagree. Lighten up dude :)

I will be there on opening night, in my usual clothes, and I will be conversing with those that have dressed up, maybe even have a couple of photo's taken, and not one of the cosplayers will give me a bad name.