main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    OH YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Capslock Clone Wars...

Now that was an interesting community.

(I'll let you google them)

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh man, best show on TV is easily The Amazing Race, just can't get enough of it! Anyone else here watched any of the seasons? New Zealand only just finished season 18, and I think the USA is currently showing season 22 (correct me if I'm wrong), so we're pretty far behind! I just have to watch it online to catch up.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Coric likes this.
  4. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    [face_laugh]
    CLONE SUNDAY SUNDAE (My favorite day!)

[​IMG]

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Want to see something cool? It is a collected audio diary of the character John Hammond from Jurassic Park. This was originally part of the disastrous video game Tresspasser, which was to be an official sequel to The Lost World. While the game was a failure, the story told within the game through Hammond's memoirs is a fascinating backstory to the films. They even got Richard Attenborough himself to do the voice work. It's rather incredible, and a much better companion to the Jurassic Park franchise than that awful third film.

EDIT. I just looked it up. I was certain Richard Attenborough was dead, but he's not. I can't believe it.

Coric and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Neat! (and yeah, I also thought Attenborough was dead... although I didn't learn Michael Crichton was dead until two years after the fact, so I'm really not up to snuff on my Celebrity Dead Pool...)

Also -- "it was the pinnacle of 20th Century science" -- continuity FTW.:p

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Seriously, the guy who wrote the script for those memoirs did a bang up job of integrating the new scientific discoveries from after the novel and film. The stuff about the Tyrannosaur as a hunter and the oversized raptors as results of genetic mutation is a clever way of acknowledging new discoveries without contradicting the film.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I liked what Telltale's games did with explaining the oversized and unfeathered raptors as being the result of filling the DNA sequence gaps with amphibian DNA. Same with the undersized Dilophosaur with a neck frill (no evidence that they had one) that spat venom (no evidence).

There's a researcher on the island that mentions this in her journal, and that Henry Wu - the scientist standing around when the baby raptor is hatching - cut corners in using amphibian DNA and that they could have made a 100% accurate dinosaur but that Hammond did indeed spare expenses. She remarks that they have no idea if the Dilophosaur on the island should have a frill or be spitting venom because they don't have an unaltered individual to compare it against.

Overall would have made for a better movie than a game.

When it comes to Jurassic Park 4 (due to be released Summer of next year), I've seem some people argue over whether or not they should update some of the dinosaurs to be more in line with recent discoveries.

E.G. give the raptors feathers and downsize them, or rename them Deinonychus. At the time that the JP novel was written a species of Deinonychus was misclassified as Velociraptor, leading to the use of the incorrect name. The Dilophosaurus was too small. The Brachiosaurs' neck was wrong, the Pteranodon had teeth in JP3 (they don't have teeth in real life), etc.

If they do decide to make them more scientifically accurate, the amphibian DNA would be a convenient plot device to excuse why they were inaccurate to begin with.

As for Attenborough, he's not dead, but I thought he had a bad fall a few years ago and was now in a wheelchair.

Barriss_Coffee and eht13 like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just finished technology Murphy's law at work: every piece of computer equipment that could crap out, did.

I'm about to go raid the school nurse's supply of ibuprofen; meanwhile, somebody make a joke. :p (Mumbles something about if computer towers could think, none of us would be...oh, never mind.)

So how's everyone else's morning? :D

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Well let's see: found a neat audio novel thingy that makes for a better Jurassic Park 3 than Jurassic park 3, and got into a shouting match with a guy who didn't like me badmouthing his favorite vidya gaem.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Working on finalizing a trip to Mt Hermon...
    MtHermonSummit3.jpg
    I wonder how many Dinosaurs could fit through this doorway?
    Temple_Of_Hermon.jpg

12. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    VOTE CRUMB
    starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Everyone check Ashley Eckstein's Twitter, I got a surprise for all of you guys :)

Circular_Logic and Darth Ibonek like this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's the tweet in case you can't view it, I got her to give the LACWAC community a shout out! :)

[​IMG]

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Voted Crumb and Luke.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The hart-hitting philosophical questions are answered.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Hey folks. Tron Legacy or Red (2010)?

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Concentrate all firepower on that white dome if you want to take out its deflector shields.

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    You should see the ice shield on that thing.:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    When are you going, SSS? Doesn't seem like the most stable part of the world at the moment.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Their not cakes or buns, they're ****ing treats. Pffft British people.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    When I went to London I assumed I'd be OK, another English-speaking country y'know, but I discovered very quickly that I don't speak British English and had to use DarthBreezy as a translator. Plus my accent that would make Tom cringe, wasn't understandable by a few people there. :p

Yeah, they're rice krispie treats.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  25. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Did they ever spot in the middle of what their doing and counted the bongs Big Ben made? Also Southern Accent is the best accent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.