main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford: "I'm looking forward to it."

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I think he'll do it based on how the movies are received because even though I do like watching Harrison act he hasn't had a'hit' in a while now.

2. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I don't think he sucked, it's got to be hard to act in a movie that became so a wash with CGI....fingers crossed for Episode VII

3. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    He is in, they are all in. The only "talks" going on now are just about finalizing some details, aka letting Disney announce it! The big 3(or 4) have been on board since last August. The entire pre-production process has been months ahead of what they have been revealing.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm not looking forward to Geriatric Star Wars. This is odd coming from a guy who lambasted Lucas back in the 80's for how much he disliked being Han Solo and saying those "stupid" lines that "people just don't say".

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I don't care how old they are. It's Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando. It will be a joy beyond words seeing them again.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Agreed. And their age shouldn't be a surprise as Lucas has said they would be in their 60's since 1983.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Source?
    The only thing we know now is that they will make Ep 7, 8 & 9, as well as a couple of spin-offs.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, I'm with Harrison - I'm looking forward to it too

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I don't know if Harrison's paycheck will be that fat. He's making not that big movies anymore. He's playing supporting roles for the last 3 years, so I'm guessing maybe the big 3 will all be getting the same starting money, and will earn more from the film box office.
    Ford is no fool, he knows that this will be the biggest and most attended movie of his lasts years of career, if this was getting made 15 years ago maybe he'd asking 20 milions just for starring plus a % of the box office, but now maybe he will settle for the same that Mark and Carrie just for the old times.

We were all guessing that he'd be the most difficult of the big three to get on board, but as far as we know, his quotes and some reports have been more encouraging than Mark Hamill's ones.

Bring back the coolest character in the SW universe Harrison, we've been waiting way too long for Solo and the Falcon to rock the screen again.

Pro Scoundrel and KevinM1 like this.
  10. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Exactly. The guy is 70. He's fortunate to be in relatively good health, let alone having a still-decent acting career, and I think he's smart enough to realize it. Why bicker and be bitter when you have an opportunity to go out on top?

It really feels like things are coming full circle. Star Wars was what got these performers their big breaks, and now they all have one last chance to ride off in the Tatooine binary sunset. I mean, I'm sure Ford will still do some supporting roles, Hamill will continue to voice act, and Fisher will do... whatever it is she does, but in terms of placing end caps on their starring role careers, this just feels incredibly right. I hope they are all at peace with it, especially Fisher.

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I think characters from the ST will be a basis/main characters of future movies, but those movies won't be 10, 11, 12, etc. George said these are the end of the saga and trilogy. This doesn't mean that a new saga with new numbers won't appear.

12. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm not saying Harrison's paycheck will necessarily be all that "fat," but I do think it will be substantially larger than whatever they pay Mark or Carrie. Harrison may not be the big star he once was, but he has still had by far the most successful career outside of the SW films, and -- assuming they don't hire a big star to play one of the younger leads -- he'll be the closest thing to a bona fide box office draw in the cast. So yeah, I think he'll get a big paycheck and in turn, Disney will want to keep him around until at least the third act of Episode 7.

I agree that his quotes have been very encouraging. But we don't know yet why he's had this change of heart. I'm just grateful that he has.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    We don't need Harrison in order to bring back the Ewok who stole the speeder bike.

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    or the Jawa that kidnapped R2.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    No doubt! I can't wait to see the absolute lack of surprise and excitement when Disney finally officially announces it! if they're hoping for some big reveal that gets everybody cheering, it's NOT going to happen-i wish theyd just Stop all the PC HR tiptoeing and just come out with it!!!

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yeah, if they announce it at Comic Con I want someone in the audience to yell 'Duh! We already knew that!'

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    But what if this is an april fools prank? What if there is no Sequel Trilogy, and George Lucas just wants to troll everybody...

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Then we'll find out in another 11 days...

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I heard that they gave Harrison $10,000, all in advance. No wonder he's happy. :)

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Disney must really be desperate.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This could really save their neck after John Carter.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Hope he isn't so Scruffy looking in Ep7.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, has this old fart signed on or not?

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    He didn't seem too thrilled talk about it in my opinion. He gave the polite answer he had to. It struck me as a guy who has been sick of something for decades, trying to muster up enthusiasm for one last go, and toeing the company line.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You pulled all of that out of few, simple lines? o_O

It's simple: If he didn't want to do it, he would have said 'no' right off the bat and would not have allowed the rumors to continue like they have. He would have nipped them in the bud and that would be the end of it. I truly believe he wants to do this.