main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I disagree, her relationship with Anakin should still be strong since he was the only one who believed in her. It probably wouldn't have happened but they could have even had her team up with him as Vader, from shock at what was done to him (stuck in the suit), and probably only knowing half the truth (the Jedi where trying to take over) and not about him slaughtering Younglings. With her helping to hunt down the last of the Jedi before realising it's wrong and going against him, though that is pretty much Starkillers development in the Force Unleashed.

Either way people are still going to think, wait a second where is Ahsoka why is she not doing anything when all the events happen

I agree they need some episodes with Anakin and Obi-wan and their friendship though that problem dates back to the PT and Lucas not bothering to show it but expecting us to believe there friends anyway.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ahsoka joining Vader wouldn't fit her character without some serious development towards that. Oh, and Sidious has already been demonstrated in the show to dislike Ahsoka, so he wouldn't allow it.

I think it's irrelevant. You don't have to follow a character's entire life. Her story and her involvement in Anakin Skywalker's life has been told. Yes, you could bring her back, but it's not necessary to resolve her current story, as that's already been resolved.

I think it's safe to assume that if she tries to help during the Dark Times, she dies. If she doesn't, she lives.

I'd say that not showing their friendship was a result of having The Phantom Menace (a truly pointless movie in hindsight), instead of having 3 films starting with AOTC, the second film being set during the Clone Wars, the third being ROTS. Regardless, my point was that Anakin and Obi-Wan need to be shown having fun together again in order for it to mesh well with ROTS.[/quote]

cwustudent likes this.
  3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Just read your ideas for Ahsoka, you've become so obsessed over a fictional character! You want her to team up with a redeemed Darth Maul and be the driving force behind the events leading up to ANH? No offense but that is a completely stupid idea and I can pretty much guarantee you that around 99.9% of the Star Wars fanbase would prefer anything Disney gave us compared to that. Perhaps LukeTano would agree with you, but that's it.

4. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Well you guys should already know what I believe Ahsoka's destiny to be. The headcanon/Fanfiction I created for her is what I truly believe regardless of what Feloni, Lucas, and Disney do to her.

Shortly after leaving the Jedi Order Ahsoka meets up with Asajj again and both of them decide to leave The Republc and disappear into The Unknown Regions where there Ahsoka completes her training under the tutelage of a mysterious, powerful, Chiss Force User with whom is neither Sith nor Jedi. And Asajj basically becomes Ahsoka's friend, companion, etc. during this time.

Why do the both decide to disappear into the Unknown Regions? Because various visions of their futures have led them there (Revan ring a bell here anyone? :p But their trek into the Unknown Regions does not result in their deaths)

And yes Ahsoka does eventually return to the temple but not to rejoin the jedi order but to rescue, recruit, and teach the younglings from Ahsoka's youngling arc. As big a risk as it sounds she does rescue them from Order 66 during Order 66 with the help of Asajj and Ahsoka's new Chiss Master. Ahsoka, Asajj, and the Chiss essentially become the younglings' new Masters planting the seeds needed to form A New Jedi Order under Ahsoka and her various allies' leadership in the future. Like the title in the Youngling Arc implies "A NECESSARY BOND"

That is just a taste of what I truly believe "in my mind" happens to her and Asajj after she leaves The Jedi Order. I don't care what Feloni, George, and Disney do, this is her destiny and I am sticking to it regardless. I think they will just kill her off eventually to be honest, I just have a funny feeling, but like I said I don't care what they do my headcanon/Fan Fic. idea is the ending I am going with hands down.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Perhaps you should head to the FanFic forum....

Zeta1127, cwustudent, Esg and 2 others like this.
  6. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    Ok well the Darth Maul thing was a bit of a stretch, I completely agree with you there lol (I just love the guy) but you can't tell me that the rest would be stupid, Disney bringing back old characters that are in there 60,70s is stupid very stupid. Stick to what fans have come to know and grown to love NOW AT THIS POINT DURING THE PAST 5 OR 6 YEARS. The Clone Wars new characters need to have a bigger purpose and they can in the future, bringing back old characters from the originals right now is just a bad idea......period. If I brought back familiar Clone Wars characters in their youths before ANH in some compacity 99.9% of the fanbase would love that before some after thought sequel to a film that ended many many many years ago with actors that are way past their primes.

7. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    Look, I am just saying what I believe happens to her I am not writing my fan fic. story for her on the boards lol. The whole reason I believe in this is to give her character hope, I know Lucas wants her dead and Feloni wants her to live and Lucas will always override Feloni so her fate is sealed, the only question left now is when, where, how, and why she dies? But yeah she is going to die, Feloni's spoiler in the featurette basically confirms this. My fiction for her gives her character a future and a real purpose other than just another casualty in Anakins fall. I still find it very hard to believe Lucas wants her dead, if he kills her like Yoda died (of old age) that would be cool and fine with me but any other way would be unacceptable. Her facing off with Vader? No, cliche cliche cliche everyone faces off with Vader or dies in battle please add a few to the lying in bed and just dies of old age club, yes boring but effective and satisfactory. Obiwan is killed by Vader, Quigon is killed by Maul, Dooku is killed by Anakin, Padme is killed by Anakin (i guess), Grevious is killed by Obiwan (which I thought Anakin should have killed Grevious), Ahsoka needs to die like Yoda, old and in bed, not getting shot up, beat up, cut up, stabbed, etc.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Believe me, I don't think they would want him either, Jack. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    In the way I said " her dying would have been so cliche. Her leaving the jedi order is a better original way to continue her story." In a story you don't show the entire life of a character, you show only a part of him in the story. And Ahsoka left the story before ROTS and it would have been the worst cliche to kill her because she is not in ROTS. Her dying would have been a cliché in the way that you are not in ROTS so this mean you are dead. Personally, I think it's not because a character is not in the story that he is not dead, he continues on his own way.

11. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm not that savvy when it comes to military ranking. I'm wondering if this is correct: Rex is the leader of a company within the 501st, and that company served Anakin. Appo, meanwhile, during the Clone Wars, was a sergeant. So during the Krell arc on Umbara, did Rex outrank Appo? Also, if Fives was an ARC trooper at this time, does that mean he was serving under both Rex and Appo?

We have that Order 66 story arc coming up, and I'm just interested in if we'll see Rex, Appo or Fives changing rank during or as a result of this arc. Ideally, I'l like to see Appo do something to earn him the rank of commander. And perhaps Rex is somehow affected by the events of the arc as well.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Ahsoka is a great character regardless of what fans think."

ROTFLMAO.

Zeta1127, fett 4, K'Kruhk and 2 others like this.
  13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ahsoka dying =/= Cliche, if done right, imo. Filoni wanting Ahsoka to live is a cop out.

anakinfansince1983 Ahsoka's character is quite laughable. :p

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Rex did outrank Appo on Umbara. Judging by the way Anakin phrased it at the beginning of Darkness on Umbara, he said Fives would be assisting them, so I think he wasn't really serving anyone.

Since Ahsoka is gone now, I believe there isn't a Commander of the 501st, so they could either make Appo the Commander, or make Rex Commander and then kill him before ROTS.

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My sig agrees with you.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

K'Kruhk likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    That's not necessarily true either.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well, not all ideas for Ahsoka can be winners. [face_plain] But I do agree that she doesn't HAVE to die, and you can still do something interesting with her character. I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to put my two cents in here:
    Ahsoka finished Season 5 on a strong note, but still uncertain. This was a possible final ending which explains why she was not in Episode 3, but it wasn't the completion of her character arc. Its not about what happens to her, live or die, its about how her character evolves. Having her "quit" the Jedi Order is not the end of what she would do as a heroic character. Its like stopping Luke Skywalker's story when he leaves the moisture farm with Obi-wan. Its a strong step for his character, but only a step in his eventual character arc.

I think some folks are looking at the broader picture of the Star Wars story and making sure she doesn't get in the way of it. That's fine, but for those who wish to take a deeper look into the smaller story of Ahsoka's life as a hero, there are other steps she will take to become self-actualized. This story could be told in the Clone Wars or it could be saved for another outlet like a spinoff film. It doesn't need to have anything to do with the proper saga.

IMO, Lucas doesn't know what to do with female characters (see Padme) so he was lobbying to kill her just to tie up all loose ends and be done with it. Filoni chose to keep her around which is a more interesting move to me since it opens up more possibilities for her to do other things, and more importantly strengthens her character with the decision to move on from the Jedi Order. A good female role model as it would encourage young girls to get out of bad situations in life and have the courage to forge their own path.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not sure I'd call Ahsoka a "good female role model." If I had a daughter I'd hope she'd model herself after Leia if she's going to model herself after a Star Wars character.

Esg, SithStarSlayer and 07jonesj like this.
  20. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I can. And I did. And I will do it again: it's stupid.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I agree with your sig except it needs to read Empress Tano.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka's future= Cop

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka's future= Cop

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I said something to that effect in the episode ideas thread since I will never accept TCW as being the story of what happened between AotC and RotS.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ Big surprise, that, not! :p

rumblewagon and Random Comments like this.