main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i wasn't really looking for loopholes on anything. that i'm aware of.

why do you have that feeling yak? you have a better chance than i do i think. your team is far more solid than mine is.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Well chim. Great arg. Mad respect. But... 3 on 1. Firestorm, is he black lantern?, I hope so but if not he's still a beast and has beat juggs in other drafts. That's a hard power for sentry to deal with. Maestro is wwh on steroids, and drax is another beast. Sentry will be overworked. He bears 2/3 maybe, but not all 3.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Swamp Thing w a White Lantern ring... Well, yeah, I don't know why stuff like that is allowed. I thought your team was pretty good. My team has Strange and some good top end power, but Flash may require research I don't feel like doing... I can do this though.

It's hard to prove Maestro is better than WWH. I think he is, based on him seeming to be better in a fight than Captain Marvel. WWH drew with Sentry though, so it kind of depends on what you think there.

And btw Juggs has a feat that indicates Firestorm should never beat him. But it's from his 1st appearance and that one (and another) I don't think he's repeated. But it is impressive.

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i wasn't even the first to suggest that yak. wang told me he even had the thing in the first place, so i decided to ask. i wanted him anyway.

5. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Swamp Thing with or without a ring is a total beast, either way you are good.

More specific arguments will be up later tonight for my match, I didn't have time really earlier as I am at work.

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Because Firelord beat juggs in another draft (which was a bad call if you ask me, IIRC he would throw him into the sun or some such garbage was mentioned) is totally irrelevant here. If you want to go with that reasoning for a win then can we say he can fly/throw Maestro into the sun as well? If you want to put things not relevant to this match or draft in then ok.... didn't Spiderman beat Firelord? The Sentry can surely do it then.

The Sentry and an amped up WWH stalemated in the very worst case for Bob. Are we saying that WWH is Maestro here? But again his feats after that story line are more impressive.

Bob is faster than all of this trump, has FTL speed and I'd argue the ability to teleport. Add his power punch, seen here phasing WWH, to that speed and I see durability issues for your other two. How many of those hits can they take? WWH took a couple...then he burned out and it ended.

What are they going to do to stop him or even hurt him? He flew into the sun, completely incinerated, and regenerated just as fast. He was literally nuked multiple times. Your nuclear man isn't going to scratch his costume. So that leaves Drax and Maestro to try and best him physically, which I don't see happening. There is a lot of durability here but can these two out last Bobs regeneration and durability?

This respect thread seems much more complete.

7. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Triple trumps?? Man ....... backed himself into a corner. I like it

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    like i said, i'll have something later today. can't really do it ATM.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hourman vs. my Herald Trump ... really comes down to one thing.

Is Hourman getting "cheap" victories through the control of time? if so, there's no point in arguing, and there's just about no one who is going to take Hourman down in a one-on-one contest.

If not, the trump has him outclassed. Yes, Wang may have called Firelord and Terrax jobbers - but that doesn't mean they don't pack helluva lot of power. Here's Silver Surfer getting punked by Firelord after a back-and-forth encounter. And, here's Firelord fending off a Hercules/Thor combo. And then Terrax just has some minor feats like, oh, I don't know ... destroying a planet.

But, again, if the judges are going with full time manipulation for Hourman, I concede this fight now and take my two losses.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, hourman is supposed to have full time manipulation. without he's pretty much completely useless.

11. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    Hourman doesn't have full time manipulation all the time, only for an hour. That is a self imposed restriction he has always stuck to.

That Firelord vs Spiderman thing is absolute crap, and is a showing so far below his average that it is irrelevant. Besides that, Firelord isn't even in this fight. Firestorm is and if it was just Firestorm vs. Sentry you would be in for a fight.

Also, Maestro does have some stuff to his name that put him far above Savage Hulk, he probably is right around Green Scar Hulk in terms of power/durability, etc.

That trump is overkill, not sure why Kalar did that but I wouldn't ever vote for Sentry in that fight.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Whew. Looking forward to Strange vs. trump, that's the match of this round for me.

As for Hourman, I could be wrong here, but didn't most of his "cheap" wins come when prepped in the past?

I'll have judgments (and overdue final breakdowns) up tonight, keep battling.

13. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    I will be sure to post tonight for you. Strange is badass, but he isn't prepared for a top of the line mindrape and a physical beatdown.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    in the last draft he was in, the time powers were neutered so it was cheap wins via prep because he could still do pretty much whatever then. but now he can still do things like use his time vision, which means he can age or de-age people, for instance. also, he can completely freeze time, meaning that they aren't hitting him for that hour. so if he can figure out something related to using time somehow within that hour then they aren't going to really be able to beat him.

but again, more later. don't have time ATM. will get something up before the time is up though.

15. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013

I am looking through the scans, and the one with Strange vs Moondragon isn't even a scan, it is just some dude saying that it happened. Personally, I would like the reference, without the scan it is hard to know how the individual interpreted what he saw...or thinks he saw. It doesn't speak to what kind of prep Strange had to do that, or any of the exact circumstances involved in that feat...if it even happened.

Upon closer looking, a lot of Strange's top end feats come in an era where he had possession of the Soul gem.

16. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't recall him ever using the soul gem, or when he had possession of it. I know the Illuminati had the gems for awhile but they didn't really use them... And I thought he fought IG Warlock in one of those things. Someone posted Strange vs Moondragon in an earlier draft but I can't remember which one.

Well, either that or someone posted the scan later in a thread like that.

17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    First... It's firestorm not firelord. Second is he black lantern or not? I just want a judge ruling on that, but particularly don't care either way. Third, it's 3v1, and yes maestro is on par or better than wwh, drax is not a chump, and firestorm is pretty decent as well (understatement). Also, there is no sun in limbo to toss people to, and if so, firestorm can play center field and catch them. I'm sorry but I refuse to argue this. Nor officially vote on this match, because I feel it's obvious.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Hokage_Kalar

then do you revoke all rights to complain if it goes against you? since you're refusing to do anything to try and sway the judges in your favor and all...

Hokage_Kalar likes this.
  19. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Keep backing into that corner ..... [face_plain]

20. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    He had the soul gem since right after She Hulk and Champion of the Universe fought, and currently is the owner of it still to this day. So what is that, 20-30 years?

Also, reading his bio he has benefited from about a dozen or so temporary power ups ranging from channeling a goddess to using all his magical artifacts found a way to utilize "catastrophe magic" but eventually found that it was temporary as well. At one period in his career he uses black magic, but since refused to do so.

What feats are seen being used under what circumstances? What power-ups is he on, what artifact is he using that he normally doesn't have?

The worst thing about Strange is that he is almost always using some artifact or boosting his power in some way, so what is his non-artificially boosted peak?

21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Yep. Notice after the ion ruling I didn't complain. I respect the judge and believe they will make the right decision.

Also, arguments are for people with questionable abilities. If you're a judge and don't know these three...

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    mmk. was just curious. considering the backlash judges have had to deal with in the past and all. i'd definitely like to avoid that at least somewhat in this draft.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Dr. Doom trumped with Nico/Wiccan (prepared) vs Lobo trumped with Loki

So this is pretty much magic vs. Lobo and Loki

On the subject of magic, Doom is no slouch. He's familiar with Loki as well. I would argue that Doom can handle Loki with prep time. A tough match? Yes. I don't dispute that. But in the end, I could see Doom pulling it out against Loki thanks to prep time. Remember, it was Loki who encouraged Doom to experiment on Asgardians.

The biggest benefit this trump has is its' prep time. Doom knows how to use his pawns and that's what Wiccan and Nico are. Wiccan's power levels are pretty impressive (see Children's Crusade opening for example). As to Nico, the big issue with her is she can only use a spell once. However, it's been shown that even if she doesn't understand the word (I believe Vision gave her a word in latin) she can still cast it. Doom could surely teach her a few latvarian words.

Then the name of the game is stopping Lobo. Something that I think Wiccan's spell casting aided by Nico's staff can handle along with aid from Doom. Lobo's powerful. Not doubting that. But he has to be able to lay a hand on them in order to win. And he has to knock out all three. One of Wiccan's known abilities is teleportation.

The thing about this trump is there are literally infinite things they could try. Doombots and his other tech, magic - and limbo is certainly a place where magic more potent. I'm happy to argue this further when I get home, but didn't want to leave this too long without a response. The key here is Doom and prep time.

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Also lobo has an Achilles heel, gas. Easily exploitable between magic and doom and prep.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    pretty sure doom has never gotten doombots in this. just like tony never got multiple suits of armor.