main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Oh, three movies made more money than the SW movie of that year? That sounds like about nobody watched it.

But it reminds me of the original Star Wars being neither a popular nor a successful movie, either, since Annie Hall won the Oscar.

2. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    actually i believe the original Star Wars was both popular and successful

Grey1 likes this.
  3. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    X-men Days of Future Past due out in 2014 will feature time travel. Ellen Page's character can time travel in the comics, she Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian Mackellan are living in the present but they go back in time to 1963. Magneto/Michael Fassbender has just killed J.F.K, there wasn't a second gunman, Magneto just manipulated the metal in the "Magic Bullet". (Shut up and take my money!) I don't think SW will feature time travel in 2015, other than light speed in the MF, if Bryan Singer has already said he's using Time Travel in 2014.

4. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    You don't need to take offense at everything.

Zorkel567 and Chewbacca89 like this.
  5. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't all excited. It's called rhetorical questions. They don't need answers. I just believe those movies were ridiculously overhyped. I liked both, but they and no movie could, live up to the hype. They're just movies.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The first two Spider-man films were great; I'm not sure we could have asked for a better loving representation of the Stan Lee era.

Manisphere likes this.
  7. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Yeah, there was this really weird overblown representation of those movies in a trailers and such as this super epic generation-defining movie, which wasn't congruent with the tone of the actual product at all.

I mean compare this trailer.

With this sequence.

And then Raimi tries to make the third movie more epic and emotionally intense, and boom, it's a disaster.

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    The best super hero movie ever was Batman Begins. The other batman movies are a joke in comparison

9. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    Batman begins was good. Dark Knight and Dark Knight rises were better.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  10. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i disagree. Thats like saying Matrix Re-Loaded and Matrix Revloutions were better than the first matrix movie. To me that is heretical.

11. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    So you're saying that, if a movie isn't the first in a series, it can't be as good?

12. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    So ..... how about that book called Crucible, anyone looking forward to it? ;)

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Yup. Hangin on here.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Not particularly.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm looking forward to the Sith finally being brought to justice in the Salem Sith Trials.

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    yes i am saying that the "becoming" if done right can never be topped. Or maybe it can be topped but that did not happen here

i am curious about Crucible and i am hungry for current era novel, but i don't expect too much.

17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The first Spider-man was good, but the second was much better.

That said, I do prefer Batman Begins to The Dark Knight.

18. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    The thing about the Batman trilogy is that it actually maintained quality throughout it's sequels, and that's rare for a superhero franchise.

Spiderman 3, Iron Man 2 were terrible. I have high hopes for Iron Man 3 though.

19. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Just seen announcement from Troy Denning on Facebook -- page proofreading is starting!

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    A Star Wars book... actually getting proofread for a change? :eek:

21. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Hey now, let's be fair. Pre-NJO, the books were mostly proofread. It's post-NJO (as in date they were written, not regarding the timeline) that things started going wonky. :p

22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    The first Spider-man was good, but the second was much better.

agreed. great movie

Team Padme likes this.
  23. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Crucible description from Force.net. Artifact that can bend space and time. Maybe an artifact that will be used to retcon Expanded Universe in time for Episode VII

Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, and Luke Skywalker return in an all-new Star Wars adventure, which will challenge them in ways they never expected—and forever alter their understanding of life and the Force.
    When Han and Leia Solo arrive at Lando Calrissian’s Outer Rim mining operation to help him thwart a hostile takeover, their aim is just to even up the odds and lay down the law. Then monstrous aliens arrive with a message, and mere threats escalate into violent sabotage with mass fatalities. When the dust settles, what began as corporate warfare becomes a battle with much higher stakes—and far deadlier consequences.

Now Han, Leia, and Luke team up once again in a quest to defeat a dangerous adversary bent on galaxy-wide domination. Only this time, the Empire is not the enemy. It is a pair of ruthless geniuses with a lethal ally and a lifelong vendetta against Han Solo. They will stop at nothing to control the lucrative Outer Rim mining trade—and ultimately the entire galactic economy. And when the murderous duo gets the drop on Han, he finds himself outgunned in the fight of his life. To save him, and the galaxy, Luke and Leia must brave a gauntlet of treachery, terrorism, and the untold power of an enigmatic artifact capable of bending space, time, and even the Force itself into an apocalyptic nightmare.

DarthJenari likes this.
  24. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    We already have an enigmatic artifact capable of bending, space, time and the force into an apocalyptic nightmare.

It's called author fiat.

themetresgained likes this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe they find the Episode VII DVD?