main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    We can all agree judges have made bad decisions in the past. Especially in a draft where I went I went undefeated but lost in the finals 3-5 and one of those matches was jugs v firestorm. Egregious. But looking back, my arguments swayed 0 votes. Even the arguments of yak against other past egregious votes fell on deaf ears. So why argue. But I believe this is probably one of the best panel of judges barring me of course :)

2. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    That being said yes I did use that as a point above for firelord and yes it was sarcasm. Hence the mention of a person not on my team.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Meh. Honestly don't care. I haven't had a chance to really look into all of his tech as I've been stuck at work. The more generic point is doom has tech + magic + time to prepare. He's more than familiar with Loki and Lobo, while powerful, is someone Doom can take on.

Hokage_Kalar likes this.
  4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    wasn't really saying anything beyond he probably doesn't get the bots. haven't looked at doom really at all, so can't really make any comments on it.

not saying that egregiously wrong things shouldn't be argued, but a match that's in doubt and doesn't really get any commentary... or you're saying you think it's obvious and the judges disagree, then you shouldn't really complain about it after they've made a decision. that's more what i was talking about.

5. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I think you know what I mean

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm pretty sure we're saying the same thing?

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I must have missed the Maestro super power up. Better than green scar and way? Wow I've seen him have all of ONE feat in the past and I believe it was breaking regular hulks neck. I am interested in this now and since Kalar has already given up trying I guess I'll go look for some scans of... anything. Considering he's gone higher in this draft than any other I highly doubt these feats of him being so great otherwise people would you know...draft him ever. I'll just look after work.

Also for the record EF that RIGHT there is why I like to wait for judges initial reactions because the forever lazy 'my guys are no slouches' can't post scans huehuehue always comes up. What's the point in making a real argument against a lack of argument? Its hard.

I post Sentry owning half his Universe in actual factual proof, beings stronger than all three of this trump together and multiple at the same time... but we'll focus on the sun throwing comment I made obviously in jest.

8. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Iron Man has been allowed multiple suits of armor, BartSimpson-SithLord judged it as such when Tony had prep.

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    That's why? That's a pretty poor reason to do anything. If you've got something, post it; who cares what the other guy's doing? Not your team not your problem.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Not a big deal either way. I didn't interpret your comments to be anything bad. Honestly, I can't remember what the doom rulings were in the past- though I do think Tony was allowed his suits in a couple past drafts but perhaps not the more recent?

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, none of them that i've looked at. which would be the most recent ones (say the last three or four i think). but thanks for the correction on that amatsu.

and i'm with EF. so what if the other team isn't posting anything, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get things to lean in your direction regardless. that kind of thinking leads to a boring draft, and probably irritated judges.

12. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I'm sorry if I've started a controversy... Again. I vote for my team. They are really great. 2 high level brawlers with a supped up lantern, I really don't see many they couldn't beat in the draft outside of round 2.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    A lot of people are saying "I'm pretty sure that wasn't allowed last draft" or similar. That doesn't really matter in this draft. If you feel a character deserves something, please bring it up; the whole point of this is to determine precedence for the future, and we can't do that if no one mentions it.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    so then thor gets the asgardian armor and so forth then? *arches an eyebrow* thought it was supposed to be limited to the character, not bringing what amounts to an extra character into the match. or multiple other characters. that's what i was going off of anyway.

15. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Asgardian armor was something Tony created right? Why would Thor get that?

I like that thought EF, the approach seems realistic. Yet just days ago you were saying...

You confuse me.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that's the thorbuster armor, not the asgardian destroyer armor. bit of a big difference there.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I never said he doesn't get the motherbox. I'm saying the burden of him having it is on you, and you've got to convince the judges of that. If you think they're going to change their mind about it, that's fine, but, as I said, somewhat unrealistic. You're acting like I said he doesn't get it. I didn't.

I don't know, does Thor? Does that sound reasonable to you?

18. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    If you don't vote for Lobo then you're a communist

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    if tony gets to bring every one of his suits of armor, and doom gets his doom bots, i don't really see why not.

not... that tony even got drafted mind.

regardless thor isn't mine. i'm just saying that based on the "only getting the character" thing, it seems far more reasonable to assume that you get said character and not a bunch of suits of armor/bots that they have and can bring to bear. that just strikes me a stretching the bounds of what a single character actually means.

20. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, Fever, I was about to mention that myself, actually. That, and I'm also seeing some "Well the judges voted for so-and-so over what's-his-face back in this draft or that draft, so..." and the like. I really don't see the point of fixating on past decisions like that, especially if they took place in the first few drafts (I mean... come on). Focus on the now, fellas. Except of course if you wanna make fun of Shurron. It's always fun to go back for a good point and laugh at his expense.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Tony is the sole person responsible for building all of those suits of armor. He personally held onto them(not destroying them when he maybe could have). Those belong to him, and him alone. There's no grey area there. That point isn't up to discussion. At no point did anyone else have any hand whatsoever in the feat in which Tony Stark, using a computer system that he developed himself, piloted suits of armor which he built by himself. If you feel that that equates to the same thing as someone bringing along clones, or autonomous duplicate robots that act completely on their own, or some enchanted armor whose ownership has been passed around, then that's your own feeling. I don't think a reasonable person sees those things as the same thing at all(and I don't even think anyone considers Tony's multiple armor tactic as his best or greatest option, either, so).

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *shrugs* it's just my two cents, little as that's actually worth in this draft. i know the weight i hold here is pretty much nil, and apparently i'd have been sunk both times i did this without trades. so pay no attention to the idiot spouting off over on the corner unless you just want a laugh. that's pretty much what me talking about that kind of stuff amounts to at this point in time.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Stop being so hurt all the time about everything. We're just having a discussion.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm not hurt ef. i'm just pretty sure that's about what my opinion on that kinda thing is actually worth right now, because i freely admit i'm not the most knowledgable person about this kinda stuff. i know it, you know it, my arguments from last draft sure as hell showed it... so... i'm just being honest and up front about it more or less. i'll do research for my arguments (haven't had much chance to do that very much yet) but even that seemed to not be terribly useful last time because there were just things about the comics worlds that just seemed to escape me. if i really cared/was hurt i probably wouldn't even be talking right now. that's just how i respond in that fashion most of the time.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    well u sounded mad. u mad?