main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Marky Mark, T4, hhahahahahhaa. I'll pass.

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Actually...I posted "Cliffjumper McQueen" as a joke...

But I think after Wall-E's integration of live actors with Pixar-style CGI, perhaps they would be the best effects choice to design the Transformers. None of this "all the decepticons are monsters" and "oooh there are sooo many moving parts on Ironhide's gun!"...just a take a basic toy design and read life into it.

And get Brad Bird to direct it. The man has a pretty good track record when it comes to both action movies and giant robots.

He'd be the best choice.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    "I'm thinking this is the most important role of my career"
    -mark wahlberg regarding trans4mers

Hahahahahahahha

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it is the largest franchise/film he's ever been associated with, let alone starred in. So the statement is accurate, regardless of the many shortcomings and failures of the live action series on a critical and fan level.

5. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    surprised to hear that he's thinking.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    First synopsis:

As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet.
    However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs.

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Unicron? The Quintessons? The Insecticons?

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Quints aren't Transforners (though I suppose they could always change that for a movie verse version).

9. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I want a Bay-less reboot. :(

With characters that I can care about.

And a story that makes sense.

And no overt product placement.

Is that too much to ask?

There's only one way to go...most likely will be Unicron. [face_crying]

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Man, wonder if all those ancient, powerful Transformer threats with an interest in earth have an annual meeting or something. First it was the Allspark and Megatron crashing, then there was the Fallen and others like Jetfire and then Sentinel Prime. Not that its really a surprise given the quality of the writing (I feel more sorry for the comics who try to fit everything into one cohesive canon when its obvious the movies don't care about details like that).

By the way, the US premiere of the final season of Transformers Prime is today, I think. Apparently the first few episodes already aired in Singapore so there's a synopsis online already. Sounds pretty good, I'm going to miss Prime, its been really good. Still miss Animated a bit (mainly because there were plans for a Powermaster Optimus Prime if they had gotten a fourth season), but Prime has turned out quite well. Here's hoping the last season turns out great.

Bale likes this.
  11. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Prime has been better than I expected.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And once more, Prime does more with a character in 8 seconds than Bay did in 2.5 hours.

Bale likes this.
  13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Just curious, but which 8 seconds were you talking about? But then most Prime episodes in general have better character development then the entire live-action trilogy so that's no surprise.

Good season opener, the action has gotten really good, and ooh, glad to see that character back. Though I'm eager to see how the Autobots will pull together eventually. And they still have a cover story in place, but that won't last long not with the giant evil fortress and all. Funny how well the Decepticons are all getting along, but they're currently winning so they're all in a good mood now.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The last 8 seconds or so- that was creepier than anything he did in DOTM, and all he's doing here is walking.

15. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Transformers G1 is the way to go. The originals are superior in all aspects of the franchise. The toys and the animated series surpass any modern incarnations.

The recent movies we've been subjected to cannot compete with the emotionally charged animated movie.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope Transformers 4 is just one continuous 3.5 hours long explosion.

epithree likes this.
  17. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Eat more fiber.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Strawberries are packed with fiber.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm actually comfortable with saying that Prime has become the superior incarnation of TF- it captures the best of the G1 cartoon, G1 comics and Animated and comes up with an excellent- dare I say definitive (so far) version of events.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Soon, regular bowel movements will be a bitter memory.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What did you have for breakfast?

22. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    The breakfast of champions: beer & wheaties

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Bold words. I guess I'll give it a try over at Netflix.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A few of the the early stand-alone episodes are a bit iffy, focusing on the humans more, but once it gets going, there are a lot of great character moments to enjoy.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if the one exchange about the Predicon ("When did the Cons get a dragon?" "What's a dragon?") was an homage to the line in All Hail Megatron ("What's with the cigar?" "What's a cigar?") or just a coincidence? It's not exact but it's close enough to bring that line to mind.

Anyways, looks like Kelsey Grammer has joined the cast of Trans4mers as a human villain, a counter-intelligence officer named Harold Attinger.