main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013

Yeah, it's the very definition of being a whore. Wow lol!

Palpatine and Hitler did lol

2. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    Relax. I don't loath people who enjoy sex. Did you read my post(s)? You obviously don't understand the point i was making. lol

3. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Nah, whores get paid, you're thinking of sluts.

4. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    I say sterilize 'em both, just to be sure lol.

5. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    .......then give society a great big enema! lol

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Stay On topic. -Darth Boba

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Clean up in aisle 1....

8. RebelBird631

RebelBird631 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    I come in here thinking I'm going to discuss the new Star Wars trilogies, instead I find posts about sex, sluts, whores, etc.....I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS....

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Let's not stir things up.

10. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    stop trolling. This'll be your final warning. -Darth Boba

11. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012

I will always remember the twi'lek dancing girl's wardrobe malfunction with fondness. ;)

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  12. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    No. -Darth Boba

13. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Lol! Yeah, there's nothing in the films to indicate that anyone ever uses the refresher, either. In the OT, nobody ever eats anything except Jabba. We can make all sorts of assumptions...like, the huge and absolutely untrue assumption that Anakin's fulfillment of the prophecy means "all Sith are destroyed...FOREVER!"

Can I assume that Darth Dru has been ****ed over by a woman a few too many times? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Now, are we talking about Jedi getting nookie in general, or simply the depiction in the movies? First and foremost, these are (like it or not) kids movies based on the old serials/spagetti westerns/Buck Rodgers features that George used to watch growing up - what they became in later years (almost a religion with Zen spin on it) there's a lot of stuff going on 'behind the scenes' that we won't see - indeed, it was a bit surprising to see Anakin and Padme sharing a bed in ROTS (eye candy aside).

I do think that some Jedi, being living, breathing beings would act on their biological urges on occasion - kinda a 'don't ask, don't tell' mentality, while others such as Mace and Yoda may have 'risen above it' over the age....

15. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Stupid special edition.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think Jedi are allowed all the fun without the hassle. :p

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Um, unless it's on screen involving sexy slave leia clones I don't think casual sex is relevant to Star Wars at all. I mean, yeah, sexy slave leia clone sexual hook ups wouldn't be relevant to Star Wars at all but it'd be hot. However, the point is it doesn't matter whatever off-screen life these characters would have, all that matters is what is presented to the films to logically extrapolate from there as to what we would see in the sequels. And all we can base it on is how it's presented in the series. And in the context of the Jedi life that we've seen, romance and sex are intertwined. And that turned out horribly for the only Jedi we saw engage in that. Therefore Luke would not fall prey to relationships since it destroyed the Jedi. So he wouldn't have a kid. He'd be a monk like all the good Jedi in the prequels were.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You're assuming that all Jedi would think the way Anakin did? That they would all get obsessively attached to their sexual partners? I would assume exactly the opposite myself. And based on TCW, Obi-Wan certainly didn't have Anakin's issues letting go of a woman he was involved with.

And as someone pointed out earlier, there is definitely no indication anywhere in the films that Luke had any idea that his father turned because he had visions of his mother dying. There's a chance that he extrapolated from the throne room scene and Yoda and Obi-Wan's Dagobah conversation that Anakin turned to save "his friends," but there is no indication that Luke associated his father's turn with romance or sex.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I'll fully admit the idea that Luke will be monk-like is based around on how the Jedi themselves were presented in the PT. It could change but I just see Lucas continuing that solitary life for the only remaining Jedi Master in the glaxay. Warrior shoalin monks and all that jazz. As for Luke figuring out what made his father turn, I'm also assuming that in the intervening years they would have been filled in on the events of the PT, just so there can be references to it and so-forth from the characters.

20. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Why would we have a whole trilogy of films showing us the mistakes of the Jedi Order just to have Luke repeat them?

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    LOTF did that and was that much poorer for it. Not hating on the PT but a rehash of it with OT characters and the next generation? [face_tired]. Waste of potential. Won't happen again.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The real question is, were the Jedi order in the PT wrong or was it all Anakin's fault? The PT is ambiguous in that aspect, it never says the Jedi are wrong to say to him that attachment is forbidden, that's just how it turns out. If Luke says "that was wrong, it should be this way" that would be a neat twist. It really lies as to what Lucas thought about the Jedi order and how they were set up, and how that'll reflect upon the ST.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Anakin fell because of his attachment to Padme, but then Luke's feelings for Anakin led to the redemption of Anakin.

Who the hell knows anymore?

24. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Well...I dunno. Judging from Obi-wan and Yoda's behavior in the OT, and some of the things they said and did...I'd say the Order failed Anakin, and they knew it. Especially Yoda. Didn't try to hard to stop Luke from saving his friends in ESB. I think he'd have admitted everything eventually if he'd had more time with Luke. He never once told Luke to let go of his friendship or anything like that.

I guess it's another assumption we fans are kinda forced to make.

25. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The math exercise as regards to the Thrawn trilogy still misses the point that
    1) The lowest number of book sales in a trilogy is a realistic upper limit to 'Fan' quotient (in this case single digit million, and it's definitely the most popular EU book, so it's not unrealistic to assume that number of TTT readers > number of dedicated EU fans)
    2) Film viewers are in the size category (per film) of the population of the United States, we're talking hundreds of millions (and that probably excludes rentals DVD & BD's).
    Not that we haven't left this topic a few pages back..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.