main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What villain archetypes to use

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Granger, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Vader is the black night, the Emperor is the evil wizard. Instead of doing another wizard or black night, what other fantasy or mythological villain archetypes might they use for the sequel trilogy? A dragon? A genie? A doppelgänger? What archetype would you want to see translated to Star Wars?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A gelatinous, all consuming blob-like parasite that cannot be reasoned with and grows with every absorption.

3. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Vander is a black night? So, new moon and overcast? Not a starry night? Or a dark and stormy night?

:p

J/K....I know you meant "knight". To answer your question, I'd like to see the STs new Sith villain be a "black queen"...basically a female psychopath bent on vengeance/revenge/justice.

But NOT Lumiya.

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Dude, Lucas isn't directing the movie....

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    We've already had Jabba who covers most of that.

We need the mischievous imp, although that little rat thing that hung out with Jabba kinda covered that angle too.....okay I'm out.

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    What villain archetypes to use

the evil mastermind who sneers, twirls his mustache & announces his fiendish plots followed by: MWUHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Honestly, we haven't had the obnoxious boss who suddenly dies, and the hero's have to pretend he is still alive to outwit authorities..

We need that...

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I just posted the first random idea that came to my mind. I had been watching the restored blu ray of The Blob. You got off lucky... my actual initial thought was to say they could save on the budget and have them all facing the Nothing from Neverending Story. Greenscreen? What greenscreen? What effects, at all?

9. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Edward from twatlight..

Seagoat likes this.
  10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    How about the stereotypical "Fu Manchu" type, with an opium den out back of his laundromat?
    Or a greedy, fat billionaire with no conscience - out to knock down Pop's Malt Shop to put up a mall?
    How about the uptight, by-the-book harbormaster who is dead set against the kids having their "rockin' crab boil" summer party?
    Maybe the lazy husband who tells his wife he's staying late at work while he goes bowling?

Archetypes abound!

11. Granger

Nov 1, 2012
    Night for knight, Argh! Terrible.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

13. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Yeah...ugh...and I spelled "Vader" wrong, and I missed it. *facepalm*

14. Granger

Nov 1, 2012
    The first one was already used: Jabba the Hutt.

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    How about the sleazy, environmental inspector who constantly causes problems for our hero's force ghost storage facility?

16. Granger

Nov 1, 2012
    While that is obviously a standard movie villain archetype, it's not a mythological or fantasy archetype like a vain witch or a greedy dragon.

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to see another Tarkin-like/Veers-like figure. A military guy who is very stubborn and will do everything to complete his mission. Still, he is somehow bound to honour. He is the face of the military. Or maybe someone who is a tactical genius like Thrawn?

What about a character who shares traits with Tarkin, Veers and Thrawn? The ultimate Imperial commander...

18. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    Possessive spirit archetype. (That's MY drink!)
    I reckon ghost of Palps will play some kind of role.

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    We do have that what baddies do you want to see thread.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.