main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vintage vs Saga vs Vintage Collection vs......

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Aaronaman, Mar 21, 2013.

?

Vote for your favourite

Poll closed Jan 15, 2014.
  1. Give me the Classics (1978-85)

50.0%
  2. Muscle bound 90's are the ones (1996-99)

8.3%
  3. Figures just get better with age (2000-Present)

41.7%
  1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Fans are always debating (well arguing more like it haha) over which is better the Original Trilogy or the Prequel Trilogy, well that got me wondering if the collecting community has the same mind set?

What spins your wheels more, a MOC telescopic Luke Skywalker figure from 1978, or is a Vintage Collection ANH Darth Vader figure more for you because of his screen accuracy?

Maybe theres another collection that you just have to have....POTF, POTJ, Original Trilogy Collection, Legacy Collection, the list is now virtually endless. (Great aye haha)

For me it's the Vintage Collection (1978-85) they may only have five points of articulation and not the best examples of screen accuracy but each and every one of them puts a smile on my face. Certain figures like the Gamorrean Guard figure have held up really well over time and the POTF Barada figure still looks amazing up against any of today's examples.

Jabba_the_hud and J_Girl like this.
  2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm with you. The original Kenner line is special to me in a way that all of the articulation and great sculpting in the world can't match. I certainly like my newer stuff, but I love my vintage. To put it another way; The newer figures are like acquaintances, but my Kenner figures are like friends.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    What you said.

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I voted Figures just get better with age (2000-Present) because I prefer the new sculpts figures as they are more articulated and in fabric and more accurate. For me who love to display my figures in scenes it is important to have super-articulated figures.
    However, the old figures were cool too, I have plenty of them !

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. Frederick Johnathan-Durex

Frederick Johnathan-Durex Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2013
    Originals for me. When I gave up collecting in 2006, my vintage figures are the only ones that survived the purge. I just couldn't part with them.

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    JUKE-SKYWALKER That's exactly what I call them: my friends. In fact, I think I just did the other day in one of our other threads, lol. How can they not be? They were there first and had the most love and attention showered upon them. [face_love]

Of course, I was in the Girl Scouts and they used to make a sing a song: "Make new friends, but keep the the o-o-ld. One is silver and the other gold." Which can now be read: "one if Hasbro and the other Kenner!"

TreborSabreon and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  7. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    You gave up....how did you managed that hahaha

J_Girl and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] Exactly! To quote the original Star Wars

Tech Guy: "This R2 unit of yours seems a bit beat up. Do you want a new one?"

Luke: "Not on your life. That little droid and I have been through a lot together."

J_Girl likes this.