main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by the-jedi-prince, Nov 4, 2012.

1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011

Thanks

i posted a while back and re read my earlier posts that are pure speculation that if mortis was to be in the st that luke skywalker could fulfil the profercy and bring balance to the force by being selfless and remaining on mortis and doing what his father couldnt do.

the st could be about finding mortis

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's been some speculation about how something like that might happen since before the PT was announced- only this was in the context of further books.

So the idea's an interesting one.

3. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I think we may have gleaned some more insight into how Mortis plays into the larger Star Wars universe if the Clone Wars had continued, but I don't honestly think we'll see much in the way of fan service towards the Clone Wars at all, at least not in Ep VII unless it's an extremely cameo or obscure reference...

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We could assume that the writer of Mortis was on something or was completely drunk when he wrote it.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Maul Opress" will never cease to be daft in the backstory naming department. We're lucky Anakin didn't just become Darth Ani.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Darth Skyguy.

I hate you, Filoni.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Brilliant.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Is it just me or does 'Mortis' just sound like an old retired, kinda cranky Jewish guy?

Sorry I haven't read or watched any EU/TCW.

DARTHSHAME and JackG like this.
  10. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Well, whatever it was, could I have some? :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Is that the one with the wierd fairy girl virgin who doesn't like men touching her and her crazy ******** brother who turns into a bat and spouts silly lines watched over by there crazy wizard dad who seems to want Anakin to watch over them then simply wants him to kill them o_O

Blip likes this.
  12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow. Not seen TCW but that story sounds superb! It simply MUST be expanded on and dominate the ST

13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep that's the one. It was rubbish.

fett 4 likes this.
  14. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'm a huge fan of the Mortis story arc from TCW, as well as the Nightsisters. I'd love to see the ST explore the more esoteric side of the Force. I've not read much of the Plagueis novel and haven't even got a copy of the Book of Sith. I think I'd like to, though.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Yep. And I LOVE those episodes. Don't ask me why, because I know that it's controversial and it certainly didn't sit well with everybody, but it may simply be because it at least made an attempt at a philosophical discussion, particularly the first episode Overlords. The Father's description to Anakin of the Force in its natural state as cyclic, destruction replacing creation, day following night, to me was beautiful. While I'm sure there are questions about the execution of that arc for some, it's one of those rare instances where the ideas in and of themselves had so caught me that I was willing to overlook the execution of those ideas.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It came out cheap (so, no box) recently- first time I saw it on the shelves was this week- which is when I decided to get it.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  17. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I loved it, but I know that quite a lot didn't. Those might even be the most controversial, divisive episodes in the whole TCW series, although, for me, bringing Maul back was the thing I disliked the most.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Good mash-up potential here: Star Wars: Episode VII - Indiana Jones & The Search for Mortis

19. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'll definitely second that.

Darthgoodguy and Pfluegermeister like this.
  20. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I think Luke taking what should have been his father's place in Mortis could work very well as an emotional climax to the saga at the end of Episode IX. It would, if you'll forgive me for saying so, ensure that the circle is (now) complete.

klooney and the-jedi-prince like this.
  21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    You do realize that Mortis (along with every terrible idea used in TCW) was Lucas' idea, right? I mean, as much fun as it is to rag on Filoni and TCW writing staff, this one is 100% Lucas nonsense.

Jcuk likes this.
  22. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

If so, it was a good trip.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Because you can't prove if it really happened.

24. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Everytime I see this thread I think of this guy from the spiderman comics.

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Wasn't a major fan of TCW but from the ones I did see The DeathWatch episodes and any with Cad Bane in them were the best IMO. If the ST is gonna borrow any ideas (which I SERIOUSLY, HEAVILY doubt) from the TCW should be something along those lines. Not the princess from Mario, some big bat dude, and a wizard dressed like something from Monkey (remember that? Lol) As for the idea of making the force mysterious again? The damage is done I'm afraid.

Ryus likes this.