main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I can't wait to see Disney ignoring Ahsoka completely. ;)

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    TaradosGon: Those are some interesting points. I've always assumed LucasFilm had exclusive rights to everything -- so say, Zahn signed away any personal rights he had to the characters he created starting back in c. 1991, and he probably gets little more than a pat on the back when his characters are used in videogames. But I would imagine that Lucasfilm can't just magically hand over all rights to everything to Disney -- there are bound to be cracks. From a OOU perspective, the whole Star Wars franchise has become something of an unwieldy monster (heck, there are some comics and magazines that are published exclusively in some countries and not in others!).

I wasn't aware of the situation with the Star Trek artists.... that sounds like a licensing mess.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Disney has no power to resist a future Disney princess.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Princess Leia will likely be given a daughter for that. Whether or not the take Jaina or give her a new one, I don't know.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If they actually took Leia's child and called her Princess Jaina or whatever, I'd probably throw up.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Leia, Queen of New Alderaan. Her husband, the Prince Consort, Han Solo. And little Princess Jaina, playing with her friends Jasmine and Ariel.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Do you think they would make Leia's grand-daughter into a princess? I'm not familiar with the EU - does Leia retain her royal honorifics even though her royal family perished?

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I have no idea. She's Princess of a "Kingdom"/planet that no longer exists. Han kept calling her overly ceremonious things sarcastically, but I don't know if she remained a princess, or why she never became "queen," unless it was out of respect, or how that works. I follow EU here and there, but that's not something I know of.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I believe she's referred to as "the princess" in narration occasionally in post-ROTJ EU - But I don't know that her title has ever been tackled, or at least I don't remember it and can't find it on the Wook.

You can't be a Princess of Alderaan if Alderaan doesn't exist, surely?

But it's synonymous with Leia, I guess. The Courtship of Princess Leia is set in 8 ABY, yet it retains the term in the title.

10. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I had always assumed that she couldn't ascend to become 'Queen' until her father died, but since he died at the same time her "kingdom" did, it was a moot point.

However, despite the planet's destruction she kept her current title of 'Princess'; an exiled monarch may still retain their title (especially considering she was ousted by her planet's destruction, rather than being overthrown). But the lack of an Alderaan would explain why Jacen/Jaina/Anakin aren't Princes and Princesses too.

EDIT: Just checked the Wook. Apparently Queen Breha Organa was still alive as of ANH, and died in the explosion, which is why Leia never became Queen herself.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I think STAR WARS is finished personally and I am glad Ahsoka walked away when she did, she saw the writing on the wall, she basically escaped Order 66 and Disney but at this time I think both are one in the same. Disney is the Order 66 of The STAR WARS brand. The CLONE WARS was supposed to end with Ahsoka and it did Filoni said this, so if it ends this way I am happy. I think they saw this coming and Ahsoka was the most important character to wrap up before production stopped, this is not an opinion it is a fact. I don't believe the new movies will do well and after they fail then and only then will Disney come to the realization that they made a costly costly mistake cancelling everything and shutting down everything that was in the works prior. Disney is making alot of mistakes right now and I am truly wondering what they heck is going on out there. I think back to the interview Kennedy had with Lucas and I think to myself "you Mother blank" just does not make sense.

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    AnakinsOtherSon

The Clone Wars do not end with Ahsoka. They are a conflict that Ahsoka is just a small part of.

13. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    07jonesj

Dang lol Embo means business, i did not think he was a bad guy. By the way did you purchase the Citadel DLC?

14. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    That Embo preview is so cool.

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I didn't think Embo was really a bad guy too, but he did help Dooku capture the Chancellor in the Rako Hardeen arc, but still maybe he's only after Clovis and Dooku or a Separatist like Lott Dod hired him to kill Clovis.

I'm just so glad that my favourite original character is getting a major role in at least one episode or maybe even an arc! And Embo's pet, Marrok, is even in it, he's been getting some good screen time.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Meh, Embo's neutral. He works for money, and doesn't really bother with the morality of it. That's why we see him on totally different sides throughout the war. He's a bounty hunter. I imagine bounty hunters like Sugi who hold a moral code are quite rare, as that gets in the way of the paycheck.

Ani501st likes this.
  17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Indeed.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What the hell happened in that second part? Order 66 come early? Brain worms?

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    A good question indeed!

It's definitely foreshadowing Order 66, but whether it's actually Order 66 programmed in but activated early has yet to be seen. Ah, but you say Order 66 is a legitimate executive order in the Galactic Republic?

Well, let's see how this plays out. As it was only Tup who seemed affected, this could be something unrelated to Order 66 like the brain worms that just serves as foreshadowing. Most certainly an arc I wish to see, though.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I might have missed something in the announcement about the future of TCW, is Season 6 completely finished or not?

Because it will be hard for the animation section of Lucasfilm to complete remaining story strands if they are all disbanded.

The Shadow Emperor and klooney like this.
  21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't really see a huge difference between brainwashing and what Lama Su said happened to the clones. Yes, in theory they are different because one has to do with mental conditioning and the other is genetic tampering, but in practice both result in the restriction of free will; in the prior instance free will is restricted by conditioning triggered via a word, in the latter the clones are just manipulated genetically to be submissive to authority. So when Order 66 is given, either way they can't refuse. They are not just normal soldiers following orders because Lama Su told us that they were not normal soldiers and manipulated to accept any order without question.

Which is why what Order 66 is redundant. If the Order says that the Jedi are part of a coup and must be destroyed, or if it says that the Jedi cheated on their taxes and must be destroyed, I don't see what difference it makes, because the clones - in theory - can't refuse.

TCW has retroactively tried to downplay what Lama Su says about the clones and show that the clones can disobey orders and go so far as to mutiny, but every case that I can think of has had to do with the clones protecting themselves

• Slick betrays the Jedi because he sees the clones as slaves
    • Cut goes AWOL and Rex keeps it a secret so as to protect Cut
    • Rex, Fives, Dogma, etc. betray Krell after Krell caused the clones to attack each other.
    They have a bond to their "brothers" that seems to surpass any bond to the Jedi or Republic.

The way Tup is knocking against his head and says "a good soldiers follow orders (as though he's remembering something he was told)" makes it look like brainwashing to me. That might not necessarily preclude the possibility that the genetic tampering perhaps allowed them to be made more susceptible to such mental conditioning.

But I don't think it needed to be a legitimate executive order. It very well may have been, but if the clones accept any order without question, then there's no reason it needs to be.

07jonesj likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Someone else will need to confirm this but I think they did finish it, or at least most of it. I'm not sure there are enough episodes for a full season but then again, we only had 20 this year.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Lets hope all of the necessary stuff has been concluded then.

24. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    you forgot this one

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That was from season five in the episode 'Bound for Rescue'.