main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Cumberpatch as one of their top agents? I wonder if they will pull out Section 31 for this film. That would be a great tie in to the Prime universe.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Keep talking about Jar Jar and it might be you who is in for a comedic break. ;)

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Wow, I had no idea Australia was doing so well economically.

All I'm going to say about this is politics is politics. No matter how good or bad things are, there are always lower politicians wanting to climb the ranks and increase their standing (and paycheck). This is just proof of that.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Absolutely shameful. And yeah, the great Australian dollar is one of the contributing factors which is allowing me to head to Europe in two weeks. :p Australian politics is a petty popularity contest.

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Without blowing this thread up with strong beliefs, politicians aren't exactly liked here in Britain at the moment. The recession is not the fault of the public, the governments caused this by borrowing way too damn much from the banks and not making any sort of plans for the future. Short term thinking caused the recession.

There are three major political parties here and although they seem very different, I highly doubt that either being in power would change the resulting 4 years very much. Three parties that all want the same thing - more power and more money. Democracy, eh?

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, at least Boris Johnson can write :). His '72 Virgins' was the funniest book I read last year.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just bought volume 1 of the microseries off Amazon. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find the series anywhere.

9. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Well it's on youtube so...

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't do the search but I was told that it had been taken down.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's like watching one of the films on YouTube, you're not really supposed to.

12. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013

Talk about bull**** source on that.

Adalia Edit: That word isn't allowed, please refrain from using it.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Huh? Either it's there or it isn't.

And I've watched a few TCW episodes on YouTube, which weren't supposed to be there.

I'll do a search before I buy the second set.

EDITED: Oh well. I now have the option of watching Volume 1 on my TV as well as my computer. But thanks. :)

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Still, you should take the embed off of there, as it is a violation of forum rules. Just because people do it doesn't mean they should. :p

15. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013

Apparently the sound is ****ed on this one.
    It's not a link to TPB or a torrent site, it's a video on youtube, nothin wrong with that Shadow Broker.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's copyright infringement, just the host site is different. I'm aware that people do it, it's just not allowed to be linked on this forum.

You're also potentially taking money away from the creators, which is a bit of a **** move. ;)

17. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I swear that make absolutely no sense at all.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I seem to be good at starting ****storms lately.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    How so? I'll clarify if need be.

Eh, I just feel that the creators should get money for what they made. There are exceptions. Some countries don't have access to certain content, piracy is the only option in that case. Some countries have things grossly overpriced. Can't blame them either.

I appreciate the internet too in that pretty much all video content ever created is now archived and available for viewing in the far future when copies are no longer created.

But if it's available and fair priced, I reckon you really should be giving something back to the creators.

20. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Because there is no rule on posting youtube videos of this type of content, only thing remotely close to it is links to piracy websites.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Wow, you are misinformed. There are a ton of rules on YouTube concerning copyright infringement.

http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/what-is-copyright.html

Let's just say that the more of this that happens, the more likely YouTube will actually face legal trouble.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well on another note I enjoyed seeing this on Facebook:

[​IMG]

I'm a big enough nerd that my kids know that Muggles, the One Ring and the Force are all capitalized. :p

23. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Yet videos like that have either been up for months or years and not taken down. Plus I was referring to the forum rules not YouTube rules.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah, okay my bad.

Still, what's the difference between linking the microseries on PirateBay to linking the microseries on YouTube? Different host, same result - a full video of the first volume, no money going to the creators.

Anakinfan's efforts at changing the subject have proven fruitless. :p

25. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    PK EDIT: Language.
    This is sincerely the only thing I can say about we just argued about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.