main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I sort of decided not to expect their return, mainly be couse I would be crushed if they didn't return. So I'm not expecting anthing untill I see an official confirmation which propably wont happen untill the actors have read atleast a part of the script.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    actually it was in '77 , before SW was even finished .

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Looking at that pic, it's a good job mark and Harrison are there or Fisher what probably just fall over. (Just kidding!) :)

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I am rather surprised that Carrie is gonna be in the new movies , women tend to get criticised on their appearances a lot more than guys , and it's not like she was ever that fond of acting .

5. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Nothing is 100% sure yet, so untill it is OFFICIALY an done deal it can go either way.

6. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    The look far from great even in that picture they are incredibly out of shape Jedi should be physical specimens

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You mean like Alec Guinness and Yoda? :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    Yoda and Obi Wan were no longer jedi they did nothing for 20 years Luke is not in the same situation so he will physically more impressive than Obi Wan

9. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    What makes you so sure of that?

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Since the Jedi are an amalgam of several religions/philosophies, maybe the next evolution will be for them to resemble Buddha.

Ba-dum-pish

...and there is the extent of my involvement in fruitless jokes about Mark Hamill's weight...

11. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    your okay with Luke Skywalker being fat?

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm okay with Luke Skywalker being anything as long as he's in the film. And it's not like Mark Hamill is morbidly obese. He doesn't need to be a physical specimen for me to buy him as wise Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

13. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Folks, look again. He is not particularly fat in that picture. You want him to look like Stallone?

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wait...what? They're no longer Jedi simply because they aren't as active as they used to be? That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I wasn't aware that there was a rule that required a Jedi to be in a certain physical state.

15. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    Jedi: Yeah I'm not going on any adventures for a while, I'm having ACL Surgery, just thought I'd let you know I'm taking some PTO next week.
    Receptionist: All Jedis shall report to endurance training on a daily basis. Should you miss a session, you shall be expelled!!
    Jedi: What are you talking about, I'm not going to be a Jedi anymore?
    Receptionist: Correct. No Exceptions!
    Jedi: This is ridiculous. I still have force abilities, and isn't being humble in the physical sense the Jedi way?
    Receptionist: Sir I'm going to have to report you for insubordination.
    Jedi: *levitates her desk* Do you even lift, bro?

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't understand the obsession with Luke's weight.

YODA: Too high, his BMI is, to begin the training.

VOICE OF OBI WAN: So was mine, if you remember.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I tell ya, sometimes I'm not sure some of you have watched these movies. :)

20. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    They did nothing for 20 years do you think Luke has been sitting around 20 years doing nothing? If Lukes been running around doing regular jedi stuff between episode 6 and 7 than he's going to be in fantastic shape. Therefore the actor thats plays him should be in good shape

21. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    Im not saying Jedi have to pass some fitness test what i'm saying is with the way Jedi live their lives they will most likely be physical specimens. So having a fat jedi master makes no sense and obi wan wasn't doing regular jedi things so he got out of shape.

22. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    I don't understand how people can support being fat no its not okay being fat

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I must have missed the part in ANH where Obi-Wan says he's been sitting on his butt for 20 years. :p

24. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    not the point. Jedi would not be fat with the way their live their lives

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    First, you made a point out of it by saying Obi-Wan and Yoda were inactive and Luke (supposedly) will not be. Second, like I said Mark Hamill is not morbidly obese. He doesn't look that much heavier (if he is heavier at all) than Alec Guinness was in ANH. If the filmmakers want him to shed a few pounds then fine but I simple don't see that it is that big of an issue and it has been harped on far too much IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.