main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    “There are differences in every family now and then.

That's for sure!!

Even in my pain-induced delirium, I noticed that our wedding bed was decorated with almonds. My siblings had not left out any of the Amnionian wedding traditions.

Almonds? Is this a tradition elsewhere or do you just enjoy putting almonds with elves?

“I am trying my best.”

That's all she can do.

I'm glad that he was able to heal her.

“Twins. Who would have thought?” Daná gave us all a radiant smile

Everyone? :p

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lucien is so nice caring for her

A nice chapter

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Things to be going well for everyone. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    A good chapter and nice that events are going well.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

After breakfast, Daná and Boreas went straight to the landing platform. We all waved them goodbye, members of our faithful staff included. Flying handkerchiefs, laughter, rice, smiles and flower buds filled the air.

“Our Daná, happily married and babies already on the way,” sniffed Norn.

George, the High Chamberlain, held the massive chéf from behind. “She will be fine; she always is.”

I could not continue to listen to them because Carrie approached me with an envelope. “Daná wanted you to have this,” she explained. “It is compensation for the tooth that you lost in combat.”

Hastily, I tore the envelope open, reached for the letter, read it and swayed.

“Bad news, my love?” Luçien´s fingers wrapped around my shoulder blades to support me.

I shook my head. “Au contraire. My sister made you Grand Steward of Dún Barr. It is her wedding gift. You are the official administrator of these castle grounds now. But how could she...?”

My siblings all had smug grins. “Please explain,” I begged them.

It was Èleos who answered for everybody. “We all agreed that your husband needs a new title and his own land to replace what he gave up within his heritage.”

“I am sorry that your dreams of being Lady Ankou can never come true.” Luçien leaned over and pressed a kiss on my temple. “I made my cousin Tourbillion the heir of the House Ankou.”

Before I could react, Caelestris made us another unexpected offer. “If you don´t mind, I would like to help you settle in. Following the footsteps of Grandfather Narthex will not be easy. You both need guidance.”

“You honour me, Ce.” Luçien lowered his eyelids and I detected a light blush in his features.

“I am also a bit selfish. Dún Barr is home to my new boy-friend.” She pointed discretely at Hayden, one of the footmen of Dún Barr. “He cannot imagine living at the Holy Isle.”

“If you wish, the two of you can live with us,” Luçien offered. “It will be nice having family around for more than the dark half of the year.”

“I actually plan to fill the castle with even more family.” My sister gave him an intense gaze. “I hope that you...”

“Of course, I will,” Luçien spoke hastily. “I know some places of interest that Hayden and you should visit.”

Several hours later, I found myself sitting on a horse with Caelestris riding next to me. We were holding hands while we slowly travelled through Ceilonwyn. There were two pack horses behind us, heavily loaded.

“Did Luçien explain to you where we are going?” I whispered just loud enough that my sister heard me through the loud bird concert around us.

She shook her head. “He did not. But does it really matter?”

I stared ahead of me.

My husband and Hayden stayed close, speaking in hushed tones. They got on together very well. The young man held no grudge against my husband, and even admired him.

I chewed on my lower lip. “Trust is still difficult for me,” I confessed after a while. “Even though Luçien is sweet these days.”

“I exactly know how you feel, Grianán. There are times when I am completely at ease with Hayden. Then I get upset for no reason and start crying.” Caelestris began caressing the back of my hand with her thumb. “Your husband is a very skilled Force healer. I listened to our Amnionian guests last night. There are many stories of miracle healing in the aftermath of Polysýndeton.”

There were many things I wanted to say, but I held my tongue.

Caelestris was able to decipher my thoughts well. “Yes, he hurt us both by meddling around with our minds. We must live with that, as does he. But I believe with all my heart that there will be healing for the three of us.”

A tear ran down my right cheek. “Sometimes it is so hard. Especially to believe in myself again.”

“I also have been there.” Caelestris moved her horse closer to mine. “Do not let the dark side determine your way. There is love all around you. Embrace the light again. Let go of all your fears and hurt.”

“That is easier said than done,” I replied gloomily.

“And this is why we are one the road with Luçien and Hayden. If we had stayed at Dún Barr, we would have been at risk to repeat old, unhealthy patterns.”

I smirked. “You sound like Mora.”

“Mora was indeed a great help for me. And so was Sionnach.” Caelestris smiled with her memories. “Both know the dark side very well. We can be glad to have them around.”

In the evening, we camped next to a little lake. Hayden and Luçien took care of the horses, insisting that we both relaxed.

I was stiff from a day in the saddle. Moaning softly, I got rid of my long leather boots and waggled my toes in the cool air. Following Caelestris´ example, I put my feet right into the icy water.

While we dried off our legs, Luçien brought us two mugs, filled with steaming hot white chocolate. “Hayden and I agreed that we wait until after dinner before erecting the tent,” he offered. “I hope that is okay with the two of you.”

“What is for dinner then?” Caelestris asked.

“Norn made some Kalpos stew with elk meat, claiming it was your favourite, Ce. We warmed it up already.”

“Excellent!” my sister exclaimed. She got to her feet and ran over to the camp fire.

My smiling husband looked down on me. “You are getting better, my love. The Living Force gathers around you like a cloak of light. But there are still spots of darkness.”

I flushed and let my head sink.

“It might take a while before your life and health get back to normal.” He sat next to me. “Grianán, listen. Do not be in a hurry. One step at a time.”

I started to lightly shake.

“What I did at Suaimhneas was, if I may quote you, abysmal. But what happened at the hunting lodge was even worse. I attacked the core of your personality.”

“I wish I could heal quicker and give everybody less trouble.”

“You are not troublesome, my love.” Luçien opened his travel cloak and wrapped me in with him. “And about the speed of your recovery, it is irrelevant. What matters to me is that you start to believe in yourself again.”

The nightmares came again, but Luçien cut through them easily with his dark, rich tenor. It was an ancient love song that I knew well. He sang it in his mother tongue.
    Before the melody of his song could fade, I encouraged him to give me comfort in a more physical way. Smiling in the dark, he obliged. He kissed down my skin, his fingertips following his lips, caressing me everywhere.

I paid his kindness back in equal tenderness.

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

The next morning we woke up feeling relaxed and nearly carefree. It was just as well; we spent most of the day in the saddle.

The fresh air had a positive affect on me. I enjoyed being out in an area of Ceilonwyn that I did not know well. I later felt more spoiled by the lusty meal that Luçien and Hayden came up with in the evening. It was a rich, creamy risotto dish with brandy, Parmesan cheese and meadow mushrooms.

When my nightmares visited me that evening, Luçien´s touch was enough to silence them. In the dark I snuggled closer to him and let him speak to me.

“In the past I embraced the dark side to seize power and wash unwanted emotions away. The dark side helped to dim my pain and fears, smoothed out the edges of reason. My anger seemed to grant me endless possibilities.”

His lips wandered over my body, his goatee tickling pleasantly with each kiss. “You are much nicer to embrace. And much, much warmer. I cannot believe what a fool I was.”

I found the courage to voice an idea that I have thought of in the past. “My ancestors inside the Holy Crypt... did they ever speak to you like Rudhan said?”

“Yes they did, and I was foolish enough to listen.” He started breathing heavily. “They promised me endless power and knowledge. I thought I could outwit them – and the dark side – for the better of my people.”

“You were wrong,” I concluded.

“Self-control is but an illusion for a Darksider. I learned that the hard way.” He rested his chin on my belly.” You were my catalyst. I had been able to ignore the suffering of others, but to find you inside that luggage compartment...” Tears began to run down his cheeks.

“I am here now,” I assured him gently.

“Half of you is,” he answered full of sorrow. “But I will not give up. Even if I have to kiss away all your fears each night for the rest of our lives.”

6. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    So wonderful! Lucien is on the right path and everything.

Part of me is worried that it's too good to be true though. [face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks for the info about the Greek and almonds!

“Daná wanted you to have this,” she explained. “It is compensation for the tooth that you lost in combat.”

Is that possible? :p

My husband and Hayden stayed close, speaking in hushed tones. They got on together very well. The young man held no grudge against my husband, and even admired him.

It's nice that they have that relationship.

“Sometimes it is so hard. Especially to believe in myself again.”

On one hand, I don't blame her. But, on the other, it's not herself she shouldn't believe in but Lucien.

Hayden and Luçien took care of the horses, insisting that we both relaxed.

Gah, I missed that "ed" at the end of relax! Bad Pants!

“Hayden and I agreed that we wait until after dinner before erecting the tent,” he offered. “I hope that is okay with the two of you.”

Food. First. *laughs*

“And about the speed of your recovery, it is irrelevant. What matters to me is that you start to believe in yourself again.”

MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T DESTROY THAT PART OF HER SFLKASJDIRDLKFJ

“They promised me endless power and knowledge. I thought I could outwit them – and the dark side – for the better of my people.”

Ah, pride and arrogance. They never win.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Lucien on the path to the light with Grianan. They are made for each other

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Once again lovely picture of them together, he certainly is trying to keep the dark side of him at bay.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Good to see Lucien can use his power and love for healing, and especially in helping ease the damage he did to his love. Love that image of him sleeplessly waking over her too.

Wonder what more you have in store for us, I have seen a lot of bits of the story, edited some even, but then the story evolved further, inspired by the awesome editing of SWpants666, who showed you the power of conciseness, and I know you keep surprising us all, even yourself, at what you had stored away sometime earlier ;)

*reads just rediscovered and received (last-) birthday card* love you too :*

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    :D The dark side always strikes down when and where you expect it in the least, dear Misty. See how Palps became chancellor...

Thanks for saying so, dear bird.

Dear Gkilkenny, I am glad that you see that so crystal clear.

Okay, guys, here my Easter special for you guys:

Chapter 44: The light spreads

After another three days of travelling on horse-back, we reached a mountain valley that was full of hot springs. Snow-white peaks shone bright in the sunlight. Thick steam hung above the water.

“Welcome to Vit Dimma.”Luçien moved his horse closer to mine. “This place offers us beauty, calm and harmony.

“The Force is unusually strong here,” I commented dreamily. “Those rocks were not created by geothermal heated groundwater.”

“No, you’re correct. My father brought this place to life almost three thousand years ago. It was his refuge when the other Force benders quarreled. Not even Parhelion knows of these hot springs.”

“Was he also here to heal himself recently?

Luçien shook his head. “He would not dare to pollute it by any means. Since his close encounters with the dark side, he usually goes to Polaris and meditates.”

“Polaris? But...”

“He is more energy than real matter. There are reasons why Parhelion and I can teleport. It is his heritage.”

In the distance, I heard Caelestris shriek with glee. Then the sound of splashing water followed. “Come in, darling! It is gorgeous!”

Hayden tore his clothing off and joined her inside the hot spring.

“Would you like to follow them, my love?” Luçien suggested.

A smile spread across my face. “Let us find our own terrace.”

“I thought Ophidiae do not mind company.”

“Sometimes we do.” I slid off my saddle. “It really does depend on the situation.”

We stayed almost a week at Vit Dimma, blessed with bright skies and soft winds. Bit by bit my nightmares, mixed with vile flashbacks of the actual abduction, lost their frightening intensity.

There were long intense bath sessions for me, followed by even longer massage sessions. Luçien even tested the benefits of a chocolate massage on me.

“What changed your harsh opinion of xocolatl?” I lay face down on the massage bench that he had built for me.

“You,” he purred, while rubbing the chocolate oil into my back. “Back at Sapuhru you were so agonized, that I sat down with Minou. She informed me of the healing abilities of the cocoa bean.”

“So the use of chocolate does not lead to the dark side?” I teased him.

“I had very stupid theories,” he replied.

“Not that stupid. My ancestors did horrible things with cocoa beans and the blood of their enemies.”

His breath was hot against my neck. “You are nothing like your ancestors and I am so glad about that.”

After another sun week, we travelled North-West. Here the Vattenånga River formed the Big Lake District with a thousand little islands, most of which were uninhabited.

In a small community of fishermen, we were able to hire a medium speedboat. It was a rustic cabin cruiser with a small dining area. Instead of one aft cabin it had two, both with small double beds.

Luçien paid a generous price for the boat´s deposit and for somebody to bring the horses all the way back to Dún Barr.

“Dreaming again, my love?” he asked when he took my hand.

“I was just thinking about Cousin Khion and Aunt Calothrix.”

“They will be just fine,” he assured me.

“Uncle Kairos wants my siblings and me dead. What guarantees do I have that he does not similar homicidal plans for his own family?”

Luçien kissed my forehead. “I know your uncle very well. He would never lay a hand against his wife or his only son.”

“Despite their alien DNA?” I asked bitterly, while I watched Hayden carrying a laughing Caelestris on board.

”Goede reis! En veel plezier met de boot,” the owner exclaimed while his family of six waved at us enthusiastically. Have a good journey! And enjoy the boat.

Together my husband and I stepped on the bridge railing.

The boat trip with Luçien was even more pleasant than our stay at the hot springs. He was rather enthusiastic about water, and proved to be a skilled Bootsmann.

“I would have loved to get us a sailing boat,” he confided in me, while looking towards the horizon the first afternoon. “But sailing the Big Lake District would have cost us too much time. Daná would never forgive me if we missed her coronation.”

“Where are we heading that may take so much time?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“North, my love. That is all that I can tell you.”

“Are we visiting all the favourite locations of your father?”

He turned in my arms and started nibbling at my left earlobe. “Not right now.”

It was difficult to get anything more out of him. He would not accept bribes of any kind and his lips and teeth were good at distracting me.

We cast anchor at nightfall at some relatively small island.

Caelestris and Hayden, who had been fishing the entire day, prepared dinner. They had grilled tench with carrots and potatoes for everybody.

The Big Lake District was beautiful. It remotely reminded me of the River Valley of Cunabula. All of the islands were rich with dense forest grounds. Whenever we passed a populated one, the Udalers waved at us. They were used to seeing tourists in these parts, which made them less hostile than once believed by my people.

Four days later, we arrived at the larger harbour city of Nordfeuer. We left our boat behind to be ridden back South by the owner’s cousin, who would bring trade goods and the post.

“Ich habe Stijn, Noor und die Kinder schon lange nicht mehr gesehen. Dieser Auftrag macht mich sehr glücklich,” he explained to us. I have not seen Stijn, Noor and the children for a while. This assignment makes me happy.

We bought six sturdy ponies, which would have no trouble travelling the Northern tundra. Two of them were solely for our supplies and equipment.

“I always wanted to see the low alpine tundra,” Hayden beamed. “My ancestors lived there, before moving to the mountains.”

It indeed proved to be a lovely landscape. It had continuous plant cover, with willow species, blueberries, common juniper and twin flowers.

Camping out in the open was fun. The weather was to our advantage; there was no rain and the winds during the day were surprisingly mild. The nights had a chilly edge to them, but sharing a blanket with Luçien under the starry sky was romantic. I liked having his pounding heart so close to mine. Especially when we looked up to the aurora borealis, the Northern Skylights, together.

“Why do they call your father the Skywalker?” I carefully inquired during our second night in the tundra.

“He wanders around often and preaches about the Force.”

“Can you see yourself following his footsteps?”

“I am not much of a preacher. After what happened to you, I also think it would be wiser to lead a less religious life from now on.” He drew the woolen blanket tighter around us.

In comfortable silence we gazed at the nightly spectacle above us. It was filled with magical colours and explosions of light.

(To be continued!)

SWpants666

earlybird-obi-wan

Lady_Misty

Gkilkenny

DarthUncle

Tyranus230

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Goede reis! En veel plezier met de boot,” Dutch people in the GFFA;)
    Loved your description of the journey

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “Those rocks were not created by geothermal heated groundwater.”

“No, you’re correct. My father brought this place to life almost three thousand years ago.

It’s sad though, that a Force bender created it.
    On the other hand….that’s talent!

A smile spread across my face. “Let us find our own terrace.”

Best to do with your new hubby ;)

Luçien even tested the benefits of a chocolate massage on me.

Sounds too distracting :p

All the descriptions make the Big Lake District sound peaceful and beautiful.

After what happened to you, I also think it would be wiser to lead a less religious life from now on.”

Uh, yeah. But you know, just maybe.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    A lovely holiday place and of course Dark chocolate is my favourite too.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    A wonderful vacation!

I enjoyed all teh conversations. Some people might say that chocolate is of the Dark Side.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Only when it starts talking to you ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Anyway, I have a nice update for you guys. Enjoy. It is still Chapter 44, part 2:

I was baffled when my husband next slid off his pony. “Bog land? Do you want to get rid of us?”

“Do not underestimate the healing abilities of mud.”

I could only recall getting my first Schlammpackung smeared on my body, which was as messy as it was funny. I wiggled around under my husband´s expert touch. “Did your father also point out this place to you as well?”

“This slimy mud hole had been home to him before he was forced into exile on Sapuhru. Instead of despairing, he focused on the Force and his healing skills.”

I giggled, while more mud was spread on my belly. “Getting healed with mud masks, who would have thought?”

“It is good for the skin. Perhaps even more than chocolate,” Luçien explained with a wink. “And your father once mentioned to me that his children were always as happy and dirty as a worm when coming out of the Mother Jungle. I wanted to test his thesis. Now stop moving so much.”

“You know what really would make me happy?”

“I can imagine a lot,” he grinned.

Soon, we were both covered in mud and equally happy.

We heard happy shouts from Caelestris and Hayden in the distance for a few moments.

“Will they conceive?” I whispered after a while.

“Eventually. But first your sister needs as much healing as you do still. Even Sionnach could not fix all the Force wounds that I inflicted on her.”

I gazed into the swamp. A light mist rose in the distance. “Mens sana in corpore sano,” I implied. A sound mind in a sound body.

“The dark side feeds on the despair and fear of the individual. You know that as much as I do, my love.” He held me closer, resting his hands on the back of my head. “There is much healing to be done for all of us.”

A few days later, just as the four of us had a comical mud-wrestling match, we had unexpected visitors. They came with a large military machine.

“Does anybody fancy a piña colada on the Southern Islands?” smiled Èleos. “Daná is anxious to see you all. So we decided to abuse my relationship to the Secretary of Defense and locate you.”

“Do we need to leave the swamp today?” I went towards my older brother, hands outstretched and dripping with mud.

“Grianán, is that really you?” Éleos laughed. “I can clearly see that you enjoyed yourself during your honeymoon.” He shied away from my waggling fingers and told me to clean up.

We took our time cleaning and dressing, while our tent was dismantled for us by Valiant and my older brother.

First our ponies did not want to be steered into the shuttle, but Luçien and Hayden calmed them. The two men were a good team. Together, they led the animals into the luggage compartment and stayed there with them until we gave them back at the city of Nordfeuer. Their former owner was happy to be reunited with them, praising the royal House Tjiehenet for their honesty and reliability.

“Möge die Macht mit euch sein, Königliche Hoheiten. Ich werde meinen Kindeskindern noch davon erzählen,” the bearded man said at the end of his long speech. May the Force be with you, Your Royal Highnesses. I will tell my grand-grand children about this.

Only thirty standard minutes later, we landed at the sandy beach of a desolated island paradise. Daná stood next to a palm tree, clad innothing but a light scarf. A flower crown rested on her head. She looked very beautiful and mature, but also strangely vulnerable.

When we showed up on the landing ramp, she started running towards Caelestris and me. We vanished in a sea of hugs and kisses.

It was Boreas who separated the three of us kindly, pressing piña colada glasses into our hands. Boa noite!” he grinned. Welcome to El Amarelo.”

Curiously, I looked around. “Are there any natives?”

“Chief Baleia and her tribe live ten sea miles east.” My brother-in-law smiled. “This island paradise is all ours. Daná even forced Luna to turn off the security satellites. Vamos!” He gestured us to follow him.

El Amarelo was truly paradise. That night, I slept in a hammock under the stars with Luçien. The echoes of the past seemed to have disappeared in our synchronized heartbeats. We gazed at the moon-illuminated ocean.

“Life with you is better than I could have ever imagined, my love,” he whispered into my hair. “I cannot believe what I was willing to sacrifice before this.

“You have my forgiveness,” I replied. “Why won´t you start forgiving yourself?”

“That might take a while.”

I dried his tears with my hair. “Hush now, all is well. Our love was stronger than the madness of the dark side of the Force.”

“I love your home word,” my husband continued after a while. “It is so diverse, so rich in life forms and landscapes. But the best thing is still you.”

I kissed his chest. “So you do not regret giving up the ducal title?”

“Not for a single moment. With you, life is as it should be: interesting and a constant challenge.”

“And the Brotherhood?”

He smiled dimly. “I have given them enough blood and tears since my third birthday. They respect my wishes to lead a more peaceful life with you from now on.”

“Will we hear from your mother again?”

“I doubt so very much. Tourbillion took away some of her privileges, including the use of the holonet.”

(To be continued!)

SWpants666
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Lady_Misty
    Gkilkenny
    DarthUncle
    Tyranus230

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Some mud does have certain properties that are good for the health/

they are so good to each other. :)

But part of me is worried that it will end in tears. [face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “Do not underestimate the healing abilities of mud.”

A good reminder to us all!

Soon, we were both covered in mud and equally happy.

I don't know. I can't imagine having sex in the mud. Then you get mud all inside your junk. Nasty.

“Daná is anxious to see you all. So we decided to abuse my relationship to the Secretary of Defense and locate you.”

Eh, there are times when it's acceptable to abuse power :p

“This island paradise is all ours. Daná even forced Luna to turn off the security satellites. Vamos!”

:D I love that idea.

“Why won´t you start forgiving yourself?”

Because he's a jerk.
    It SHOULD take a while.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mud baths and mudfights ;) there are more who love those. And spending the night on a tropical island is great too

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Aww, that was nice and fun, great to see. I have to say that my thoughts mirrored those of Lady_Misty a bit, but I'll join earlybird in what she says. Hm, rolling around in the mud. Do you recall Azure, those black mudd patches on the beach of your st.Peter Ording [face_mischief] - oh, SWpants666, a fresh shower can do wonders :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And here I was, having too heavy stomach cramps to go to bed and being grumpy that you hang out with the boys, and what do I find in here? You took time and read it. I do love you, you silly man.

[face_love]

23. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    That was a nice scene. :) It would be good to escape to a tropical island for a while.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Fear leads to the dark side, sweet Misty. Let go... for now anyway! ;)

And here my latest update:

El Amarelo was truly paradise. That night, I slept in a hammock under the stars with Luçien. The echoes of the past seemed to have disappeared in our synchronized heartbeats. We gazed at the moon-illuminated ocean.

“Life with you is better than I could have ever imagined, my love,” he whispered into my hair. “I cannot believe what I was willing to sacrifice before this.

“You have my forgiveness,” I replied. “Why won´t you start forgiving yourself?”

I dried his tears with my hair. “Hush now, all is well. Our love was stronger than the madness of the dark side of the Force.”

“I love your home word,” my husband continued after a while. “It is so diverse, so rich in life forms and landscapes. But the best thing is still you.”

I kissed his chest. “So you do not regret giving up the ducal title?”

“Not for a single moment. With you, life is as it should be: interesting and a constant challenge.”

“And the Brotherhood?”

He smiled dimly. “I have given them enough blood and tears since my third birthday. They respect my wishes to lead a more peaceful life with you from now on.”

“Will we hear from your mother again?”

“I doubt so very much. Tourbillion took away some of her privileges, including the use of the holonet.”

We were fortunate enough to witness Daná and Boreas be crowned as god queen and Holy Consort.

“Why Holy Consort and not prince consort?” I asked my sister during the coronation party. We both sat at the edge of the big plaza, keeping a distance from the thousands of guests.

“Because we will reign together, Boreas and I,” she explained to me. “Father was our secret shadow king throughout his life. My husband deserves better. An oligarchy of powerful Force users is one thing; real politics is another.”

I smiled. “Why were you so uncertain to claim the bungalow?”

“Father and Grandfather lived there for ages. It seemed a sacrilege to move in.” She started nibbling one of her long nails.

Softly, I forced Daná´s hand away from her mouth and held it in my lap. “Both of them would have wanted you restore it. Otherwise the jungle would claim it.”

She gave me a crooked smile. “Will you visit or are you too busy exploring your husband´s body?”

“I will always be there for my foolish sister. Luçien respects that.

Wordlessly, Daná flung her arms around my shoulders. She did not care that her ceremonial feather costume suffered from our embrace. “Pst, Gri,” she whispered hoarsely. “Heulwen is loitering around in the shadows.”

“I know. She is not really subtle,” I whispered back, still holding her.

“Perhaps I am getting paranoid, Gri, but I fear she is bad news for you. Some sort of stalker, or worse.”

“Is this a legitimate concern?”

She shrugged.

I thought hard. “If you have time, take her under your wing. She does not talk to Luçien any more, not since the honeymoon.”

“Aranea wanted to give her an apprenticeship for flight training.”

I thought it sounded perfect. “If the Royal Air Force will have her, despite her young age, then I am happy for her.”

We stopped hugging and smiled at each other. Yes, the universe seemed a much happier place again. The dark side could not always win.

Seven sun months after the coronation, Daná gave birth to a girl and a boy. She named them Alcina and Aellô. The Amnionian name choices showed that she willing to reign in the spirit of Father.

In the meantime, Luçien and I had settled down at Dún Barr. During our first year of marriage Éleos took care that my husband only had guard duties and was never sent off on any missions with the other Force Knights.

[​IMG]

“He is the steward of Dún Barr, and thus should remain to guard the most precious treasure the realm has.”

I gave my brother a curious look from across the family library. “I am not that special.”

He grinned. “I was talking about Father´s book collection. It is part of the human heritage, leading all the way back to Terra.”

“With Grianán to keep me company, I actually do not mind ending up as a librarian,” laughed Luçien, who was curled up on the couch next to me. “I am done being a warrior and assassin. Books are a nice change.”

“Do not worry,” Èleos said calmly. “At some point I will give you assignments in the mountains. Your Force healing skills are much needed by the local community. Sionnach cannot be everywhere.”

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Lucien and Grianan settled in and having a great time

AzureAngel2 likes this.