main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Even if they have an entire finished season, they're calling this material "bonus content" and the implication is we'll be getting arcs put together into one continuous feature (akin to the 2008 theatrical film, the Celebration VI screening of the Young Jedi arc, or the special screenings of the Maul / Ahsoka arcs this past season). Having only a skeleton crew left, they could possibly put together the material. They'd probably charge just as much money on a DVD / bluray featuring only 2 story arcs as they would for a box set of all the season 6 episodes without the added cost of physically producing the extra discs and putting finishing all 22 episodes.

I'm not saying it's right, just trying to understand what would be motivating these actions. With the primary motive of maximizing profit, it is somewhat conceivable they would leave a lot of finished material left completely unreleased.

I've already made my feelings for Disney very clear though. The very move to cancel the series was a tremendous disservice to the fans, creators, etc.

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I can only say that if that's true, I'm thankful. We've seen how the series handles the "fate" of characters like Aurra, who has an established long life that stretches quite a while after RotS. I can't say I'll be disappointed not to see her killed off in the same underwhelming way as Adi Gallia and Even Piell.

HEDGESMFG and K'Kruhk like this.
  3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    They canceled TCW out of nowhere two weeks ago, despite claiming there were many stories left to tell and that the show was far from over in a bunch of interviews right before that. When were people suppose too have a chance to really react to this? Dave has time and time again given the impression we didn’t need to worry about the future of the show, what the hell? Tepid, I don’t feel particularly tepid right now.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm afraid I must agree. This is partly why I haven't been vocal about trying to get the show renewed. I'm not sure I want it back if it comes out the cost of more continuity destruction. If it led to quality stories, that would be one thing, but given the way this season ended, I'd rather it just end with these two arcs and hope they are the best stories the crew can tell and that they are worth telling.

As to the rest, tepid response is bs to be generous. What are fans supposed to think when everyone proceeds to assure them that everything is fine and then pulls the rug out on us at the last minute?Looking back, it seems like Hasbro must have known way in advance that this was happening since they killed the line this year. So clearly this had been planned since at least February's toy fair and likely before that. Had they made this announcement earlier, I imagine the response would have been far from tepid. Additionally, it seems most of the cast and crew were caught pretty much by surprise as well.

5. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    It would cost Disney nothing not to release the finished episodes. Yes, they could make some more money from the episodes, but if Disney views TCW as damaging the Star Wars brand(I'm not saying it is, but Disney might view it that way), it is more than worth it to them not to have the episodes released.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  7. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    I really hate Disney for canceling TCW. I'd rather watch three more seasons of it than a new trilogy right now.
    I wonder what George really thinks about it. Damn it! TCW redeemed the prequels.

I understand Disney's decision from a corporate point of view but it's quite shortsighted.

8. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    "tepid fan response"

Maybe if fans were given a clear message of what exactly is happening to the show our response wouldn't be perceived as "tepid". Dave Filoni's video eased a lot of minds as did the announcement about the exploration of a new series. If we had been told straight up that Disney is canceling TCW and you will only see a fraction of what you could have and the series will have zero resolution whatsoever then there assuredly would have been an uproar. But when this sort of news leaks out slowly and unofficially its hard for a fanbase to devise a concentrated response. Despite this there has been the letter writing campaign as well as several other efforts but how exactly are we to change the minds of a MEGA corporation who it seems made this decision quite a while ago as evidenced by Hasbro canceling TCW line. A little honesty towards the fans would go a long way for getting a genuine response from us.

9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Depending on the timeline and nature of this new animated series, and as Filoni is apparently involved, there's a good chance we might see folks like Bane, Rex and Hondo "transferred" to the new series to resolve their storylines. This only really works with a 'Dark Times' era show though.

10. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I just want official confirmation, not things said by "sources."

11. DARTH_small_paw

Sep 7, 2012
    And as far as Disney's go to excuse that they are "concentrating efforts towards Episode VII" I have this to say: Episode VII had better be the best Star Wars movie ever made and I mean that in all sincerity. With The Clone Wars and the 3D movies being axed in order to allocate resources to Episode VII this movie now has quite a thing to live up to. And I 100% hope that it does because it will make all of this worth it. But for now while the sting is still fresh all I can think is that Episode VII had better be the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE. Here's hoping.

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

DAMMIT.

That was literally the one arc I was cared about seeing. Worst news since the cancellation. Thanks a lot, Disney.:mad:

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Tepid fan reaction? Well, what did you expect? We don't really know anything about why Disney cancelled it - I suspect it was the cost aspect in which case it doesn't matter how much noise we make.

And it sounds as if the animation team was pretty much all sent home before we were really able to do anything. Do you really expect Disney to call all those guys back?

There was no build up to cancellation like what usually happens with shows that gives time for fans to do stuff - it was cancelled out of the blue. I've got to wonder how much that report is coloured by how much TF.N really seems to be bitter about this cancellation.

14. DARTH_small_paw

Sep 7, 2012
    I agree. Especially since TFN and the Forcecast did nothing while RebelForceRadio had been talking about the cancellation for a while. TFN is trying to play catch up now.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course RebelGushRadio would discuss TCW.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    "OMG, how can the fans have such a tepid reaction when we've got people like Dave Filoni going out there trying to placate them? The nerve!"

Filoni and a blurb on the official site are really the only news we really got regarding cancellation and both have that same "it's an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan" sentiment and that TCW is winding down to shift toward bigger and better things.

JAT is the only one I really saw (attached to the show) urging people to write in to Disney and Lucasfilm.

Not exactly sure why they would disappointed with the response.

A. Because it's arguably not tepid at all.
    B. Because even if it was, you have the director of the show himself trying to placate fans - acknowledging the letters, saying the best is yet to come, mentioning that Episode VII is in the works and that it's an "exciting time," etc.

I was a firm supporter of the show up until this season - because aside from Maul it was largely terrible IMO (YJ was OK). I didn't want the show to keep going all the way until Episode VII, it just seemed to wander aimlessly and by S5 they still didn't resolve Maul's fate and only opened the door for it to go further and keep him around longer and feed the elephant in the room that was his resurrection. And now that elephant has taken a dump in my room and Filoni's not going to pick it up. Yeah, I can blame Disney for cancelling the show, but TCW was just going in an odd direction for a story that had a fixed beginning and end. I wanted them to move onto something else.

That doesn't mean I applaud the disbanding of the animation time, or wished unemployment on the crew (people like JAT, Dee, Filoni, etc. will be fine, but some of the other crew might not be). I didn't hate Filoni at all. I thought the quality of writing on the show was becoming increasingly worse as the stories became increasingly ambitious. I personally wouldn't have had a problem if Filoni stuck around. I wanted TCW to end, but I didn't want the animation team disbanded. I had just hoped that they would move onto another show.

Forgive me if I'm not distraught about finally leaving the Clone Wars behind after nearly a decade.

17. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I am pissed beyond pissed at Disney. "tepid fan response" I really don't know what to say or think about all this anymore you guys. What do you say????? I am at a loss of words to express the way I feel about this situation. I have many many many times tried to save certain characters, franchises, tv shows, games, etc. that I loved throughout the years by writing letters, emails, forum posts, etc. but everything has fallen on deaf ears. The only thing left to say to the Disney people making these stupid STUPID decisions is, for the lack of a better statement, "disney can go to the fire pits of tartarus"

18. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    You have to be freaking kidding me what a total rip off, two arcs?? I thought Season 6 was supposed to be pretty much done? Seriously I would rather find out what happens to Cad Bane then see 70 year old Harrison Ford, this sucks so bad.
    Hah this is what everyone said who didn't believe it was getting cancelled, who didn't believe there would be announcement on that Monday, I can't think of a single leak from TFN or RFR or Jedi News about the cancellation that hasn't turned out to be true so people need to stop waiting and do something if they care.

19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Now you know how the micro-series feels, TCW.

cwustudent and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Disney will pay for this soon, and the reviews for Episode 7 will be their undoing, they have set in motion something that will destroy them and the star wars name. Their failure is inevitable and those who think otherwise are blind in my opinion, just look at what they have done so far? it makes no sense. Gees first Bioware destroys Mass Effect now Disney is destroying Star Wars, these companies will get theirs eventually and money/profit and reviews will seal their fates, I have seen it done before and the trend continues. Star Wars is finished. Lucas walked away, when Ahsoka walked away I walked away personally.

21. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not saying I don't care, I'm saying that we shouldn't have to rely on sources, but instead LFL/Disney telling us what's going on.

22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The idea that we aren't getting Cad Bane's fate gave me an idea. Maybe the reason Disney cancelled the next seasons is because I remember in a commentary Filoni saying it was Lucas plan that they needed to start killing off the characters that aren't in Ep 3. Maybe Maul, Rex, Cad Bane, Ahsoka, Ventress all die in seasons 6-8 and Disney vetoed it because they want to be free to use these characters they just paid a ton of money for without being locked in to their death before Ep3.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    *imagines a raving Dave Filoni being carried out of Skywalker Ranch on a stretcher sputtering incoherently, "KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!! THEY'RE MY CHARACTERS! MIIIINE!"*

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This is really a bunch of crap.

Disney can go **** itself.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005