main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion If I could write a letter to George Lucas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by michaelibre, Mar 23, 2013.

1. michaelibre

michaelibre Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2013
    Hi dear ones,

If I would be able to write a letter to George Lucas about the new trilogy I would recommend to connect deeply again with the original spirit of the Force concept that is behind the fundamentals of the old trilogy.
    The teachings of Obi-Wan and Yoda in epi 4,5,6 have planted a real authentic message in my being in my childhood and it has become so more superficial in the epi 1,2,3 in my view.
    Also the "may the force be with you" sounds so more authentic in the epi 4-6 than 1-3.
    So I would deeply recommend by creating this new trilogy to integrate, to put the whole focus again on that instead of incredible effects and battles. More deep and spiritual instead of phenomenal and superficial!

Blessings,

Michael

2. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Agreed. Many were upset with the Midichlorian explanation in the PT, but I see it as the Jedi not truly having a full understanding of the nature of their power at that time - or it can be argued that Qui-Gon was simply explaining the Force in a way that young Anakin could comprehend. Obi-wan's description of the Force being "an energy field created by all living things...it surrounds us, penetrates us. It binds the Galaxy together," fascinated me when I heard it and still does. I hope the ST explores it on deeper levels. Also, I'm quite sure it will.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would simply say thank you for what has come thus far and hope to see your stuff in the future.

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I would say please come back Disney doesn't get Star Wars or it's fans at all.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would simply say thanks for all the memories and the dreams that you've inspired in me and I can't wait to see what you have in store next!

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I would say:

"You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the heavy film industry, not join them! Bring balance to the media! Not leave it in darkness!"

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I would ask him to make David Lo Pan the villain of the ST.

8. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    Seriously?
    Because Disney has done nothing one way or the other thus far. Aside from green-lighting sequels we thought would never happen, sign top-tier talent to put the project into production, and ensure the future of the franchise...what don't they 'get'?

9. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Well so far all they have done is cancel, postpone, or close things with a lot of vague promises about how happy we will all be someday. We'll see.

klooney and Seagoat like this.
  10. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    ^ Yeah I reckon. Bit early for that call.

11. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    Yeah. I'll miss all those uncompleted, poorly executed comics, books and video games in lieu of new films. Are you alluding to the Clone Wars cartoons? If so, everyone in that is dead by the time of the ST...so not really relevant at all.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Dear George,

Thank you for Star Wars. Please come to my house for dinner. We are having meatloaf and mashed potatoes. If you can, bring a dessert. I like pie.

See you then,

LunarMoth

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dear George,
    You have more money than you can possibly account for. Could you send me $10,000? approximately half of that amount could be considered a loan from me that I invested in you over the course of 30+ years. No interest required. Consider the rest charity. Thanks in advance.

Love,
    Mike

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Dear George -

Thanks for not being a p*** about fan fiction and it's writers, (including fan films) and letting us play in your sandbox without suing the pants off of us - especially those of them who put 'profic' to shame.

Love,

Decidedly not a Profic writer

Yensid1974 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!

16. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    "Shut up, Mr. Burton! You are not brought upon this world to get it!"

I could live with that. As long as James Hong is on board I'm good.

Yancy

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Both. That way it "rhymes" with Yoda's ESB story path.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm partial to shriveled ol' Lo Pan on Wheels. Kind of like a twisted Yoda.

Yancy

19. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

The truth is the Jedi don't. It's like a mere mortal completely upstanding god or love or other intangible things. The midis never bothered me. There's 10,000 Jedi at the start of TPM, and that's out of 700 trillion. it's not average and not enyone can tap it. There has to be a reason someone can. Like all blue eyed have ONE common ancestor,t here has to be such an explanation in the force. Only the Rakatans understood the force, butt hey were evil, the Sith were the progenitors of the force and they were evil. Because power corrupts.

20. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    What I would say is: Thank for giving a generation after the immoral hippes a moral compass and the courage to choose right when it's much easier to go with wrong. And every generation after that.

Yensid1974 likes this.
  21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I would ask him to travel back in time with me so we can fix the prequel problems ?

I'm not bashing & like what's in most of the PT but as every man & his dog knows there are problems..............

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  22. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Who's Jack Burton?

23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Take it your a Big Trouble fan? Classic film!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Like I told my last wife i said honey don't worry I never drive faster than i can see besides that its all in the reflexes.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.