main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    never said it can't be better or shouldn't be ;) merely that as bad as things are, so long they do not announce that continuity goes to hell.. that it is not even one step in that direction yet!

Look at Doctor Who continuity.. only because things seem impossible does not mean they are ;) yeah he got timetravel, but often stuff is resolved without that too.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Just do what the real world does: "That history was made up by a dictator who was trying to hide the truth of his genocide against his own people." :p

[​IMG]

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Thanks to Ceiran's prior post, I read : "That history was made up by the Doctor who was trying to hide the truth of his genocide against his own people"

And it still made sense.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    This being Star Wars, I think its more likely this:
    Dave Filoni: You said that TCW would be untouched and left under my supervision!
    Darth Mickey: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
    Dave Filoni: ...this deal keeps getting worse all the time!

Sure, its been done to death but why mess with classical lines? :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni approved, of course.

Cronal likes this.
  6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    big news big news BIG NEWS

TCW Bonus Material will be only 2 arcs... a third was trashed due to it would have contradicted continuity! HA! as in another death of Aurra Sing.. they trashed the Bounty Hunter arc with Sing, Fett and other hunters. Leaves us to wonder what other two arcs are left?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Report_TCW_Bonus_Content_To_Be_Two_Story_Arcs_150831.asp

PS: I love the line about TCW team being shocked about the mild reaction of fans to the cancellation... still laughing hard![face_laugh]

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Exterminaaaaate! Those Daleks were right from the beginning, that evil Doctor needs to be exterminated.

Then again, I still wait for a Doctor Who parody in the GFFA... with an Army of Astromech-Daleks fighting Dr. Evazan who is so skilled in changing his appearance and face through surgery.. only surpassed by Bib Fortuna's lives as spiderpod (*sings the Spiderpig song for Bib*) and his other incarnations..

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah no TCW. We don't need more imbecilic contradictions

Praise Based Disney

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The already did that with T-canon and proceeding to directly contradict established facts of the universe using the power vested in T-canon. Contradictions on the level of TCW never should have happened if they seriously expect me to believe that its still one story. TCW doesn't fit with the universe as I have always seen it, the Tantive IV was the CR70 corvette in RotS, Obi-Wan had never fought Grievous before Utapau, and Anakin and Dooku had never had a rematch in between AotC and RotS.

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    so would you also say that Qui Gon never was Obi Wans Master cause Ben said in TESB he was Yodas apprentice? :rolleyes: or that there never is a gap between scenes for EU to fill cause the movies showed no gap/time passing in their fast cuts?

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll admit a part of me will miss TCW (it had its moments, and the new designs and characters was its saving grace), but Filoni's smug behavior in front of the camera really got to me after a while. "Yeah I know some of you are bummed we did XYZ, but y'know... that's just how the wookiee(pedia) crumbles. Heheheh."

I hate to wish ill on anyone, but.... I sort of hope he's the one shocked by the reaction. Because no celebrity should take their fans for granted as that man did.

Glad Aurra survived. I imagine the two arcs left are probably cyber-Trench and Clovis's.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Posts of that kind are NEVER okay.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No, because Lucas had no idea what he was going to do for the PT, and there is no need to take that statement literally. I have no problem with G-canon superseding everything, other than pointless changes made by the OT SE, but T-canon seems to exist solely for the express purpose of changing things established in C-canon. They told me all of those things I mentioned had happened and I believed them, and now I have no idea what to believe happened anymore, other than what I was already told.

14. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    But... but... what am I supposed to do with this cool hat now? :(

(I did get a laugh from the tepid thing, too. Also Eric from TF.Net's oh so desperate efforts to get his favorite show saved. Look, I liked parts of TCW but it never had anywhere close to the depth that the man kept on trying to attribute it to in his weekly hilarious reviews.)

GGrievous likes this.
  15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni's check list (the go-to list for TCW episodes):
    • Needs Ahsoka
    • Needs shoehorned OT dialogue
    • Ahsoka must handshake an OT character
    • Needs my boy Plo Koon
    • Needs Ahsoka
    • Needs my boy Embo
    • Needs more OT moments.
    • Needs Ahsoka

Although I will miss clone episodes. It's a shame that we haven't had another Rookies-type episode imo.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Henry Gilroy's reaction to his Cargo of Doom review was hilarious. Eric should stop.

Cad Bane and Esg like this.
  17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Man, I'd give anything to rewrite the frickin' Mauldalorian arc. The fanfic bug has bitten me pretty hard. :p

Esg likes this.
  18. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Wait a moment - do tell! I haven't heard anything about Gilroy reacting to any of those reviews. If there's a link, share!

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The only good parts were the fights

20. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    You know, I really enjoyed the idea of it: Maul and Death Watch teaming up. But I've been kicking around my take on how it should have went down for weeks. Most people would probably hate it lol, but there were some seriously missed opportunities there.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, he posted a bit on LACWAC back in 2009.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...poilers-allowed.30464234/page-7#post-30474650

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Then do so!

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh look; another continuity derailing Clone Wars arc?

Cancelled ye say?

Mwhahaha.

Maybe, just maybe, Disney are listening better than the TCW team.

24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Welp.

Seems we're likely stuck with a living Maul.

Damn it George.

"definitely" canonizing Old Wounds now. Poor Watto.

25. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    The one thing that was hilarious was this:

"I have to admit, that was the dumbest criticism I have ever read of any of my stories. Ever. (except for some executive notes back at Disney)."