main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I haven't bought anything SW for almost 2 weeks. I was on such an unplanned kick there for awhile. Going into withdrawal... It's the Dark Times all over again.:_|

2. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I get withdrawl after a matter of days lately... 2 weeks is huge! And now, I'm double depressed 'cause I missed out on about 3 absolute steals on eBay because my phone didn't notify me when they were almost up - I was even willing to pay more than what they sold for!

...May have to Amazon something to make myself feel better :p

J_Girl likes this.
  3. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I was just thinking the same thing! Amazon will not let me down!

Did you look at your phone, channel James Earl Jones and say "Don't fail me again, stupid smartphone!"

Darth Venator likes this.
  4. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Close! But it was "I find your lack of Notifications disturbing..." :p

J_Girl likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I got a Qui-Gon Jinn GG Mini-Bust that arrived. I haven't taken him out of package though. A) At some point in the near-ish future I'm moving so what's the point of taking it out now? B) I just got a new pound puppy who is very boingy and the thought of having more breakables in her tail range makes me nervous.

6. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I love the GG Qui-Gon stuff, good call! Wouldn't mind getting one of the busts... But I'm very restrictive on myself... I know that if I stray from the path of Palpatine/Sidious collecting I'll get into the old habits of cherry picking everywhere I go and spending 100x more than I already do! (and thats already too much I must admit :p)

Though I have already considered choosing Qui-Gon as my next character-collection when I'm satisfied with my Sidious hoard... Though that likely won't be for some time yet!

I wish I could hop between characters as and when but I just don't trust myself :(

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Lol I don't know how you guys who focus on one character can do that - I admire your self control :)

I do love Qui-Gon, I don't have nearly enough items with him, I'm glad I was able to get the bust. I got it from another collector who sold it off cheap because one corner of the box was smashed...like I care, says the deboxer :)

8. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Trust me, it's difficult :p I regularly look for excuses to just buy everything... I'm like "Well this Emperor needs some Royal Guards (multiple variants of course!) and this Palpatine needs Mass Amedda, and some other senators... Ooooh! I could collect lots of Senators and Separatists!" Then I'd end up procuring Poggle the Lesser and I'd be all... "But he needs some Geonosian buddies!" and suddenly I'm buying them too! It's a slippery slope ;)

I think I manage to just about stay on track 'cause I know I'll only get worked up otherwise! I'm mad impatient at times so I get all angry if I can't find or afford a figure or pack... Then I get bored of waiting/saving for one so I decide to chase a new collection... and then suddenly I have two incomplete collections and the completionist in me gets mad too... I can't win! ;D

The plus side of collectIng Emperor/Sidious/Palpatine at least is that there's plenty out there but not too much - if I can't obtain one thing, there's probably something else I'll like... Whilst not being overwhelmed with choice! Ideal for me :) (and of course, the best character in the saga ;) yeah I went there!)

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I just don't think I could have a room full of Palpatine items snickering w/ evil delight back at me. I ran out and got most of the 18" Diamond Select figures last year before they were sold out and I just couldn't bring myself to get the 18" version of the Emperor - the pics of him were just too creepy. Didn't get Maul either, not because I didn't like him but because I didn't have anyone to display him with since they stopped making that line. I've got everyone else though, including Indy.

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm happy to report I broke the long just over 2 week drought of not buying any SW items yesterday.[face_relieved] I found the until now elusive Vader with bunny ears which is oddly endearing because his bunny ears are so fuzzy and soft. Also, R2 filled with candy and an R2-shaped zip bag with candy. I didn't really want the R2 stuff, but it's R2 and I was on a roll. [face_batting]

11. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Welcome back... The Toydarian merchandise overlords are once again pleased to recieve your money ;)

TrakNar and J_Girl like this.
  12. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Darth Venator I am ever so happy to offer it to them as small an offering as it was. Last year, instead of a chocolate Easter bunny, I had an awesome chocolate R2 from a small family owned chocolate shop. I admired it as long as I could before I just had to gobble it up. So, the candy-filled R2 was a must. Oh, and Vader is holding a small bag of jellybeans. He looks.... happy? [face_tee_hee]

13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I need to appease the Toydarians. Since my t-shirt shopping spree over two weeks ago... I haven't bought anything. I have plans to buy some glue to fix Dengar's codpiece once and for all, batteries because I'm out, and another tube of Mighty Putty for my projects, but nothing SW-related in that batch,

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's been awhile for me as well but I just ordered the standalone Book of Sith HC from Amazon UK.

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I was perusing through the shelves of sad looking SW items at Target and I kept thinking about E7. I really need to start setting aside cash for that. I'm in finance and I know that it is far easier to slap $5-$10/week into an account -better yet, have it automatically deducted! - starting now than try to come up with that all at once later on and not feel as if I have to take away from another area. Then I thought about all the unknown stuff that's going to come up in between. Those damn Toydarians!

16. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    J_Girl Not a bad idea, wouldn't mind doing that myself!

But, any savings I have will take a hammering when the Black Series lands, and if a MOC '83 Palpatine came my way and the money was there, that would take priority too...

There's just too much time for me to make offerings to the Toydarians in the meantime! Argh!

17. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Darth Venator I hear you on that. I decided I am going to have money deducted every week and name it my "Toydarian Account" and just use it for whatever I need in that area - can't believe I waited this long on that. :oops: I already have an actual line in the monthly budget account for "Legos". So even though I will be funding from the Toydarian Account, it will be broken down by itself. You know, Lucasfilm should've branched out, teamed with a bank or formed their own, and issued credit cards with rewards points towards officially licensed SW Stuff. That way they could've made even more money on items they sold and we could've had a little, too.[face_money_eyes] Lucasfilm should've hired me, he could've sold for 8 billion! LOL ;) Ok, Darth Real Life is seeping into my conversation, that means I have to go back to work until I can think straight SW again... [face_sigh]

Lord_Dubi and Darth Venator like this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Had a couple of T-shirts that I ordered from Old Navy show up today. One female shirt w/ Leia on it, the other is a guys shirt w/ Chewie, Han, Luke, and I think R2.

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  19. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The Art of Star Wars TESB Special Edition book showed up today.

J_Girl and Darth Venator like this.
  20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Looking for possible Episode VII subject matter from old Expanded Universe toys

21. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    TVC RotS Sidious arrived today after an agonising wait! Perfect condition, love the face sculpt... Still not certain about the soft goods on his torso though, looks a little too much like a fur coat :p

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  22. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The Art of Star Wars ROTJ book showed up today. The Toydarians lost their grip on me and my wallet a long time ago, but the Jedi librarians are creeping in to replace them...

J_Girl and Darth Venator like this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Had my Sideshow 1/6 scale Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi show up. Haven't taken him out of box yet, probably won't until I move other than to make sure all of the pieces are there etc.

Lord_Dubi, J_Girl and Darth Venator like this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the new Insider today.

25. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I downloaded the SW Zen Pinball game on my phone (ESB and TCW tables - couldn't afford the Fett one!) Pretty fun considering it was only £1.20ish. More tables would be nice though!

Does it come much earlier for subscribers? Or is it available at retail now too?