main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rank Episode VII Upcoming Official Announcements

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SevrinThree, Mar 23, 2013.

1. SevrinThree

SevrinThree Jedi Padawan

Nov 23, 2012
    Here's something that crossed my mind today which I don't think there is a thread on: what are the upcoming official announcements for Episode VII that members are most looking forward to? And in what order of personal interest?

Here's mine (it was suprisingly difficult to rank):
    1) Official Title
    2) Teaser trailer
    3) Full Cast List
    4) First offical photo/still from film
    5) Start date of acutual shooting
    6) Composer
    7) Opening Date

What are members most looking forward to hearing about? Are there additinal items to add?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ahmed Best's contract signing.

3. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I think we won't get what we were generously given in 2003. The thought of a filmmaker giving so much to fans was unheard of. I profoundly doubt greedy Disney will be so generous.

4. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Wow, and 20th Century Fox, part of News Corporation, is part of such as a virtuous company...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_Corporation_scandal

From a criminal CEO who should be jailed to a Fox News Channel that reeks of hyprocrisy, not to mention a movie studio that who practically begged Alan Ladd Jr. to resign because they didn't get enough money from Star Wars (they were mainly complaining about the autonomy that George Lucas wanted to make his movies, which without that we would never get these sequels), this was a company worth complaining about.

Disney - you prove to me that they've done anything close to this level of greed, hyprocrisy, and criminality, and I'll withdrawal this post. Sorry if I sound a little angry, but there are worse companies that have had their hands in Lucas's pockets than Disney...

eht13 likes this.
  5. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I really don't think that has anything to do with the way we had the weekly video updates from onset, with Hidalgo. Those were the days!

Lucas' run ins with Fox are well documented. That has nothing to do with the THRILL of getting out of work int he afternoons on Friday and running to the TOS and refreshing at 6pm to see the week's progress, with blue screens and different things. And back then the NJO was in full swing and the discussions and stuff, it was the best of times for SW fans.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    There's a lot of fun things for us to look forward to. I would say that I'm 99% certain John Williams is composing since he already stated he intends to and Abrams and co would be stupid not to use him.

I would say the top 3 things I'm excited for would be:

1- Full cast List
    2- First photo still from production
    3- The teaser trailer

7. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Teaser trailer, obviously. I mean, that will say it all.

Then for me, ANY kind of plot synopsis is the thing I'm anticipating the most. Even a generic description will probably reveal a lot about the state of the Star Wars galaxy.

Cast I guess as well - even just knowing the age, gender and look of the actors will probably give us a lot of fuel for speculation.

8. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I think confirmation of John Williams composing the score ranks far above a single still pic, start date of filming.

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    1) Story synopsis
    2) Cast
    3) Teaser trailer
    4) Title
    5) Behind the scenes footage
    6) Official poster
    7) Composer
    8) Opening Date

10. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Ummm, 20th Century Fox had NOTHING to do with the information,pictures, and on set access, etc that was released during the production of the prequels. FOX only distributed the film to theaters and to home video. Lucasfilm had FULL control of production and of leaks, released info etc during said production. And the poster above you is correct, they were VERY generous, especially during production of ROTS.

11. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Will the "full cast" actually come as a single announcement? Anyone remember how it was handled for TPM? Did they annouce the main cast as a single announcement? Or did Liam get his own announcement, Ewan get his own, Natalie get her own, etc...?

For me it's:

1. 1st trailer released for our viewing pleasure
    2. NEW cast member announcement(s)- Big 3 announcement will be exciting but too expected to rank this high
    3. Title announcement
    4. Plot synopsis
    5. John Williams to return to do the score

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Teaser trailer, I'm going to purposely skip out on watching it on YouTube and go to the theaters just to see it on the big screen. If it's a good movie attached to it, that's a bonus.

Besides that, I suppose the title announcement or the first pictures we get of Mark Hamill in Jedi Robes will be it. Anyways, we're not at all going to get what we got in 2003, though I imagine we'll know when filming is underway (probably sometime in the next few months)

13. SevrinThree

SevrinThree Jedi Padawan

Nov 23, 2012
    Oh yeah! Forgot offical poster! :)

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I know I won't be able to resist if the teaser is leaked on line before it hits the theatres - but if it's announced that it will be screened at 'such and such for the first time ever'- even if it's something like 'The Smurfs 2' - I'll be among the thousands that put the opening weekend of said same into the stratosphere, even if I leave right after it!

Other than that, my ultimate fangirl moment will be that first Non fan made image of Mark in Jedi Robes....

Everything else is gravy.

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    1. Cast *because I want to know who the poor dudes who have to take over this franchise will be. May the force have mercy on their souls*
    2. First picture *and it better be something we can all speculate and give different interpretations of and TBH I dont want it to be of the OT cast. Have the first pic be of the new cast*
    3. First teaser trailer *have it be something short, mysterious and teaser trailery. Nothing too revealing but something to get us excited. Like a voice over from Luke as we go through the Millenium Falcon and the last shot being the MF flying off into the distant then the title drops*
    4. Title *and I swear to god if they pull another "Oh the title is gunna be an homage to the 1950s sci-fi serials of the past I'm gunna scream. Didn't they do that twice with AOTC and that Indie film. Give us a bad ass title. Also it better not include the words "Darkness" or "Rise". Way too overused these days*
    5. First "JJ Viral". *The guy knows how to do viral marketing so I'm excited.*

SevrinThree and Kuestmaster like this.
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I went to see Robots just to see the RotS trailer so I'm sure I'll go to see whatever the teaser or trailer is in.

I.m excited for anything they give us, but my list is also kinda based on what order I think they might give us these things. I will say a trailer is the very thing I'm most looking forward to, but that will be some time yet.

My list:
    1. Cast
    2. Poster
    3. Title
    4. teaser/trailer

17. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    1) Full Cast List
    2) Official Title
    3) Official Movie Poster
    4) Teaser Trailer
    5) First Offical Photo(s)

18. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    1. Theatrical Trailer
    2. Teaser Trailer
    3. Full Cast List
    4. Plot Synopsis
    5. Composer

19. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Do not want. I want a title that fits with the other Star Wars films, not something "badass". What does that even mean? "Bad Mutherf###in' Jedi"?

The OT had 50s throwback names as well. "Attack of the Clones" is no cheesier than "The Empire Strikes Back". The only difference is that the latter was attached to a better movie, ergo people decided it must be a better title.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is the same for me.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    1) John Williams composing the score
    2) Trailers
    3) Cast announcements
    4) First pic of Big 3 on set
    5) First pic of new cast on set
    6) Official synopsis
    7) Poster

22. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Date of story in relation to Jedi and who the main characters will be in relation to the big 3...

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Most exciting for me would be the first teaser trailer....either that or a shot of Mark Hamill on set in full costume. Both are likely to make me squeal like a girl. Everything else? Extra.

24. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'll give this a try

This year:
    Casting of the Big Three, Billy, and Anthony Daniels confirmed. Probably in May, May the Fourth is my guess.
    Casting of the new generation by the end of the year.
    Possibly a few plot details are released
    Poster?

Late next year:
    Title
    Posters
    First trailer

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I don't recall us getting our first poster for ROTS until late-2004.