main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Even Piell Centre for Canon and Continuity Catastrophes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Sep 2, 2012.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    No I would accept it because I know that they would have the right to do so if they wanted to because they now own the franchise. I'm not being as silly about it as the people who read the books apparently are being (it seems some of you would prefer to stop being star wars fans rather than to accept a different storyline). Just accept it and move on.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    No. If you don't voice your opinion they'll do it again. Being a fan doesn't mean being a sycophant

3. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I agree that it is safe for the time being. But like I said in a past post in the distant future (perhaps thirty or fourty years from now or more) when all EU (prior to the Disney acquisition) is not known very well by Star Wars fans I could see them going into the Clone Wars timeline again and putting there own thoughts into it. But again that wouldn't be for quite awhile and a time when 90% of Star Wars fans were not around when the PT movies were made and when post ROTJ EU novels were made.

4. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Maybe you are taking this make believe storyline a little too seriously. Just accept it and move on. If you dislike it that much go become a fan of a tv show where when the creators decide to stop then the show ends.

5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >Accept
    >TCW

Does not compute

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I won't cry over it. ;)

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I have accepted TCW, because I can't do anything about it. I don't like some parts of it, but I accept it. It's really not a big deal in my real life, if you couldn't tell.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You mean the way you've stopped trying to be so damn bossy and accepted that other fans have a different opinion from yours without trying to tell those fans what to do?

Oh, wait...

9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    You can have your opinions but if you continue to refuse to accept it and just enjoy the star wars stories that are being told you are doing yourself no good. You'd be better off just finding something else to fill your time then griping on a message board about stuff that you don't like. You don't want to turn into one of those people who just log on strictly to bash something now do you? Again there are lots of other television shows....etc....etc...that you can get into if you refuse to accept the direction star wars is going presently.

With how much griping there is now I can only imagine how much complaining there will be if the new movies do not follow the EU.

10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    That's a good thing. I imagine that there are a few fans on here that will get royally pissed though if the new movies do not take the EU into much consideration.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed it for you.

Dude, how about minding your own business? I'm pretty sure none of us asked your advice on how to handle our disappointment with the retconning.

Purpilia and 07jonesj like this.
  12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    So then does that mean you are just going to continue to come on here and bash everything star wars if it doesn't follow the direction you want it to follow. I'm hoping people that are that stubborn when it comes to the EU will just go and find a show to post about that they actually do like instead of staying on a star wars site complaining about how the stories aren't being told exactly how they want them to be told.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Absolutely.

In other words, you are hoping that people who disagree with you will just leave the boards.

Since I'm pretty sure you don't pay the bills to keep TF.N running, you need to get over it. If you don't like my posts, feel free to use the "ignore" button.

As it is, your attempts to run people off the boards because you dislike their opinions are pathetic and childish (attempts to form your own clique here comprised of only people whose opinions you like, is very middle-school-ish behavior) and can be considered a violation of the TOS .

14. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    What makes you think I am trying to run you off? Rather you like it or not you are eventually going to have to accept the direction the franchise is going if you want to continue to be a Star Wars fan.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

Nothing at all wrong with my reading comprehension.

Oh, you get to define who gets to be a Star Wars fan now? [face_rofl]

What was that about not trying to run anyone off?

And the word is "whether," not "rather."

16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    That's not me running you off. That's you running yourself off. Unless of course you like continuing to post on a forum of a show that you don't like and complaing about everything on it. Most people don't bother posting in forums that they don't like.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Stop personal attacks and get back on the subject matter. That goes for all parties.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It will be interesting to see how Disney deals with T-Canon.

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It will be interesting to see if the current canon system is even kept in place.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That too.

21. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    What's that? Someone actually ran of ammo and just resorted to Ad Hominem attacks?

And no, I'm not instigating, I really did miss it.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was six months ago.

JackG and Miana Kenobi like this.
  23. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Sadly, we have to add Korriban/Morriban to this.

24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Maybe. Wait until the eps air to be sure. I'll be checking my netflix ep summary first thing on March 7th, that's for sure.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And Teckla, from what I hear.