main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

Theo333 likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Best line from SP's Mickey after the acquisition- "I've got Tauntauns coming out of my ass!"

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Did I miss something?

4. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    don't worry you guys Disney will fail and STAR WARS fans will rise above. Disney maybe winning the battle but they will loose the war.

5. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Disney will pay the price for their lack of vision

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I still don't by this "only 2 story arcs" business until it's confirmed. These reports seem a lot more doom and gloom than the official statement and video. Why raise fans' hopes only to crush them? Why even promise any more content at all? If they wanted to outright completely cancel the show, they would have done it....and decreased the surplus population!

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Though I don't trust this report either, this is a common PR tactic; the hope of more material is to placate fans and prevent outcry that would make Disney/LucasFilm look bad. Then when said content is minimal or non-existent, time has passed and apathy has set in for many. Some have moved on, others are already pessimistic. Outcry is less likely. Bad PR averted.

QuangoFett and Gallandro like this.
  8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The fact that Maul's story will likely never be resolved on screen stings, badly.

9. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    How do I contact Dave Filoni directly? XD I have some big ideas about future storylines I want to pitch to him

10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I contacted Dave many times on Facebook, he never answered me.

It seems in contradiction with what JAT said so I don't trust this article until we get an official statement.

11. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

Yea, exactly. Dave Fillioni says in the video that everything that needs to be wrapped up will be, that certainly did a lot to ease my mind. I wish the show would continue, but as long as we get closure, as Dave said we would, I would be fine with it. If the "many more TCW stories to tell" and "it’s far from over" he has been spouting in a bunch of recent interviews, basically means the "Clovis" and "Fives" arc, then I say Fillioni has basically destroyed his credibility. If we are tepid, then he is certainly responsible for that. That being said, I still think Theforce.net report is just BS.

12. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I don't blame Filoni. He works for Disney now and sometimes you just have to swallow the ****. I'm sure he believed there was a lot more story to tell but like I've been saying, Disney doesn't give a **** about The Clone Wars and it shows. Maybe this bounty hunter arc was on the very of being wrapped up buy Disney decided to break up the team earlier.

It still wouldn't surprise me if we hear nothing about The Clone Wars for a few months before we finally get Disney falling back on their "we want to concentrate all our efforts on Episode VII" line. Because, you know, Disney being a multi-billion dollar global company they are simply incapable of doing more than one thing as a time. :rolleyes:

13. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but....

It appears the full episodes are no longer available on the OS.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    You can still watch the re-runs. S1's Mystery of a Thousand Moons, Storm over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth, and Liberty on Ryloth are still available.

From the main page at Starwars.com

Click:

Explore --> The Clone Wars --> *scroll down* Rewind

And it takes you here.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Those must be the ones Disney didn't want anything to do with.

16. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Agreed, if this report is true I think it's pretty clear the "bonus content" will simply be a couple of arcs slapped on the Clone Wars Season 5 DVD/Blu-Ray. It's pretty sad because if you listen to Rebel Force Radio's interview with James Arnold Taylor, the cast was still recording the week before the announcement of the cancellation, and according to JAT it was just "business as usual." So given that statement we were looking at the cast recording for Season 7.

That's a lot of damn material that won't see the light of day.

Yancy

Ani501st likes this.
  17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    TBH, I believe this source... even if I wish it wasn't true. That kind of thing is 'very' common in a post buyout environment, even if I didn't expect it to be this bad. I can live with the fact that we didn't get the death of Aurra Sing, but Cad Bane's fate woud've been interesting, and seeing the rise of Boba Fett on screen could've been pretty fun.

If all this is true, I may soon stop posting on these forums and just lurk around LIT from time to time. I doubt the news of another major SW tv property will come any time soon, and I further doubt it will reach Clone Wars level of production values.

Quite tragically, we probably already know the only arcs we're getting. Clovis and the Order 66 arc.

18. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    I had a thought. What if, the reason they aren't showing us the other arcs is because certain characters do or die in those episodes, and they want to save those characters for the next animated show during the dark times? Just a a thought, that would be a reason they don't want the fates of Aurra Sing and Cad Bane. But if we only get two story arcs and they have 6, I'm going to be pissed.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Perhaps Disney will vault the unaired material for release some time in the future, presumably after the ST is finished and between production of spin-off movies.

I'm not too bothered about the fates of Cad Bane & Aurra Sing, maybe they can be killed-off in whatever version of the Underworld series Disney produces. Those types of characters can be shifted around easily enough because they aren't really tied to the movies.

What does need to be resolved is the fate of Ahsoka & Darth Maul, if that is done then I am fine with no more of the show.

I can't see them viewing a kids show as damaging to what is largely a kids brand. Most likely it was not wanting to deal with Warner Brothers over transmission payment and because they don't want anything that isn't to do with the new movies right now (as DC did with Batman TV shows during Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy).
    It would make sense for them to release the content after the ST, but there are no signs they plan on doing that.

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Well, The Clone Wars is a bit more kiddie than the films, wouldn't you agree? Or at least, it might be in Disney's eyes. Or it could have nothing to with being for kids, and just about quality.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 1 was, but not now?

Human bombs, decapitations, attempts to sell Ahsoka into sexual slavery, spice is seen in Revival! Then there's also Riff Tamson sticking detonators in people and blowing them into pieces, oh and he gets blown into pieces too, complete with floating head. The Umbara arc has a clone trooper dragging a fellow brother out of fire, but his brother's legs have been blown off.

This show certainly evolved, and I unfortunately suspect that any future animated shows will be toned down in content.

Sgt Crowfield and Darth Pipes like this.
  22. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Well, I completely agree that show is quite violent. In fact, many times I've thought, "This is supposed to be for kids?"

But the characterization and plots still seem somewhat "kiddish" from time to time. Like the ridiculous arc with the droids and Gascon, and the arc with younglings. Plus, who knows if Disney even watched the show. They might have just been like, "Oh, it's on Cartoon Network, must be for kids."

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Seerow is more of a cartoon expert, but I was under the impression that CN skewed more towards teen programs, rather than kids nowadays?

The writing was indeed simplistic at times, and that Gascon arc was horrendous. This show definitely has a bit of an identity crisis. I think that was it's biggest flaw, in fact, it didn't quite understand who it's audience was.

24. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Completely agree about the identity crisis. I'm not sure about Cartoon Network, pretty much all I watch on there is Adult Swim.

25. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    This sums it up:

07jonesj likes this.