main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Which will be...the biggest bomb?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Only-One Cannoli, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Most series of films, etc. have one or two that are really horrible bombs. Things you want to forget existed.

[​IMG]

Disney, Pixar, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, etc.... everything has one. And although some people hate the SW prequels I don't think we've quite hit one that constitutes as a straight up bomb. They all have really redeeming factors to them.

[​IMG]

So in all the future of Star Wars movies, what do you hope to see made as the biggest bomb? The one that no one speaks of after seeing?

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The first standalone character movie.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hope to see? Hope to see?
    Are we really that desperate for something to complain about that we're now making wishlists for what we hope will suck? Dammit people, what's wrong with appreciating what we're given - or at least waiting until we know anything before we start the hating?

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I feel it's way too early for this

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    TigerCrane, don't take the internet so seriously - this is lighthearted, not hating.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You mean "Dud". A "Bomb" means box office failure. A "Dud" means creative failure. Star Wars is unlikely to ever have a "Bomb".

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The "Jar Jar and Friends" Spin off will out sell all three PT movies combined.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not predicting this, but I agree that this has the potential to be it, depending upon the time it is released and which character is chosen.

Darth Venator and DARTHSHAME like this.
  9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Biggest bomb? I'd imagine it would be here when/if one of the OT3 is killed.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    See my vote for "When will the Biggest Battle happen?".:p

11. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    You may be right. However, I fully suspect Han to be killed off heroically. Harrison Ford will be nearly 80 by the end of the ST and I do not think that he wants to be involved that long. I suspect he wants the opportunity to bring Han Solo's character to a fitting conclusion and to Ford that means a heroic death.

12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    The mass craze here will be beautiful. I forsee it being full of "Childhood=dead" remarks and people theorizing how he/she could have died better/not died at all *gotta love them "Look at this screenshot! It shows he's not dead" stuff*

Darth Venator likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, it's gonna be spectacular. I will be lurking with popcorn.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Me too man. I can't wait. Its like the Jokers TDK quote *but like this instead*
    Its gunna be epic

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    And then they'll all blame George Lucas and he will simply say "Do I look like a guy with a plan"?

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established canon, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Personally I think someone should've died in ROTJ, but we all know who scuppered that idea.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You aren't alone...

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm still waiting for Holiday Special II: Death Day.[face_waiting]

Padme501st and lbr789 like this.
  20. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The Clone Wars theatrical movie was a bomb and boy was it awful.

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Little do people know, there has been actually 7 Star Wars movies to be shown in theaters.

The Clone Wars theatrical movie... was awful both in quality and in the box office. That was our bomb.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Star Wars: The Band.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, TCW did make back it's budget so not a bomb. Bomb is where they spend more and don't make back enough cash. I'm guessing somewhere around the "phase 3" of the spin-off character movies (if you look at Star Wars like Marvel where they do "phases" culminating in Avengers movies. Change the word "Avengers" to "Star Wars Episode"). Like some ST-era or EU-character spin off. If they come out the gate with Han Solo and Boba Fett flicks, I think they'll turn a profit (Boba Fett will probably end up being the least-highest grossing Star Wars movie but I don't think the budget will be that high.)

24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    There is no Star Wars bomb & never will there be a Star Wars bomb....quite right above TCW movie was a box office sucess concidering is was meant to be a t.v pilot that Georege deicded he wanted on the big screen , the budget was soacked up by the t.v budget so really it was all profit so percentage wisr it is one of the most sucessful Star Wars movies ! & it WAS GOOD TOO..............

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Most of these hopes about a major protagonist dying in Return of the Jedi are just afterthoughts based on it being mentioned in interviews with Lawrence Kasdan and Harrison Ford. No one would have wanted it or expected it.
    It's hard to predict "bombs" now. Everything is so expensive and even the big hits don't last in theaters that long. Look at the list of films that have grossed over $300 million. So many left no impact whatsoever. Other popular movies surprisingly made very little at the box office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.