main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This conversation is over.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

I didn't think I liked Savage but his death made me cry.

Where is this nationality stuff coming in?

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I hope we get some Savage references in S6 no doubt we will, Possibly a Savage/Maul flashback episodes taking place in-between Revenge and Revival..

I personally would like to see Maul get his revenge on Sidious somehow for killing Savage... I'm not exactly sure how, but I think they set up for some revenge in the future.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I would LOVE a flashback episode like that since Savage Opress is my favorite TCW original character, but I don't think it'd be realistic to expect that. I'd honestly be really happily and pleasantly surprised if he just got talked about past a name-drop in a Maul/Sidious conversation. I really have no idea where that Maul/Sidious plot is headed which is exciting. He had a great death, but I still miss Savage! :_|

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One of the books for sale at my book fair is one called "Fantastic Duels" (something like that, I'm at home now and not looking directly at it). It features Anakin and Savage on the cover with lightsabers at each other's throats.

I thought of Fanboy. :p

8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Agreed on all that you said there. IMO Maul should pretend to be obedient to Sidious... But in his mind he's plotting revenge. I'm probably the only one who would like this.... But I think it would be cool for Maul to pull a 'Ventress' and fight with Kenobi against Sidious... That would be a crazy twist. When Maul was with Savage moments before he died, you could tell that despite how evil he is, Maul does have good in him (At least from my perspective)...Heck i'd be okay with Maul going against Sidious in any way possible. I just want Maul to get some successful revenge for Savage.

A flashback episode would be awesome..... We can dream can't we :(

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of the idea that Darth Maul has some good in him, but the compassion he showed for Savage when he died did seem to against Sith dogma. Well, maybe not necessarily since they're supposed to embrace emotion, but it did seem to have a touch of altruism, like he cared that his brother died because he felt bad for his brother rather than how it would diminish his own power, which I'm not too crazy about. The idea that he would plot against Sidious to avenge Savage is intriguing, but Sidious is so powerful and dominates Maul so easily, I'm having a hard time imagining exactly how that would work. I personally am a HUGE fan of the fact that Darth Sidious was the one to kill Savage Opress since Sidious has such credibility as one of the most powerful Force-users in the galaxy, and I'd hate for something with Darth Maul to undermine that.

And yes, we can still dream for the flashback episode with more Savage. :p

Sudooku and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  10. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Watch that fight again. Realistically, the only hope in hell Maul would have of getting revenge on Sidious was if he got on public holonet and screamed out the fact that Palpatine is Sidious and let the Jedi take it from there. As we know he doesn't do that from RoS, and from that same source that Palpy is just dandy physically, it is safe to say that any revenge attempts by Maul are as doomed as those of Ventress against Dooku.

11. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I dunno about that man... When Maul pulled out the darksaber, it seemed even. Sidious only won when the fighting broke off for a second and he had an opportunity for a force attack. I think if maul can keep Sidious in just a saber duel, he could get the upper hand...At least that's how I saw it....

And my idea of revenge wasn't necessarily in a 1 vs 1 fight. I dunno exactly how but messing up Sidious' plans, almost killing him with a sabotage explosion... Something of that sort....

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Maybe something like a sabotage explosion or intentionally ******* up a really important mission could be possible. Personally, I lean towards the belief many shared that Sidious was likely doing some toying Savage and Maul in The Lawless, I didn't think it was a close call for Sidious.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Why did we never see that? Although actually he has all his horns so it might be from that brief confrontation in Witches of the Mist.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Perhaps he's not dead? I mean Maul survived being chopped in half, and we're supposed to believe Savage dies because he was merely stabbed? [face_mischief]

Paparazzo and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd rather they actually kept dead characters dead from now on, to be frank.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I think it's just stock art reused from starwars.com. I remember seeing it a while back on the site before Season Four.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Now that you mention it, i think that's where I've seen it from, yeah.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    At some point in the next week I'll actually open the book and look inside. I wasn't sure where it was from.

The book on lightsabers that's right next to it is really cool; it's 3-4 years old though.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Regardless of the horns, Witches of the Mist is the only episode with a Savage/Anakin duel, so if it's not stock art it'd have to be from that episode. It probably is stock art though, I don't recall a shot looking quite like that in the episode, Savage was fighting Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time. Thanks for sharing anakinfansince1983!! Perhaps you have some latent Opressor DNA waiting to be unleashed. [face_devil]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Sick photo anakinfansince1983. I wish TCW would have given us a backstory on Savage's lightsaber. It's interesting how he chose a double-bladed one even though he didn't know that he had a brother who also used one, and how he copied Dooku's emitter guards. In my opinion, 22 minutes = lack of interesting detail. [face_sigh]

Bo-Katan and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  22. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    What makes this photo even better is that there is Pokemon in it.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, little kids seem to dig Pokemon.

There is Spider-Man elsewhere on that table.

24. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    BUMP

[​IMG]

Just preordered this bad boy. Now to play the waiting game. :cool:

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The Shadow Emperor very cool! Here's my very limited Savage Opress collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder how much official Savage Opress merchandise is out there (not counting comics and books). I saw a picture of some kind of snapping wrist band with Savage on it in another thread. I feel like it wouldn't be that hard to collect everything, but I don't know exactly what's out there. We should put our horned heads together and figure it out.