main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  2. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    I thought it was funny but could see how it might be misconstrued.

Anyway, how about those big three? :)

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *starts the stomp* We want some new pics! We want some new pics!*

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I just remembered that Hamill has a twitter. Here's hoping he maybe tweets some pics from set. If not him then lets hope either JJ or the new cast gets a twitter or facebook *or whatever is popular these days* and maybe keepes us up to date with whats going on. Maybe give a pic or two. Doubt it but a girl can dream. I'd kill to see the adorable highjinks that will happen cause if the Star Trek 2009 blooper told me anything...its that JJ must be fun to work with. *also I demand a SW7 blooper reel just....who doesn't?*

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Or Carrie - she hasn't twitted in a bit though...

But she's been Busy on Facebook

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Social media blackout!! Maybe the odd 'interesting day on the Star Wars set' when their at home with their feet up. Unfortunately :(

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh I'm dying for a blooper reel...with Mark's funny voices and Carrie's sense of humor, plus JJ Abrams' apparent goofball tendencies...it ought to be comedy gold. :D

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It would be gold. Plus...I oddly want to see a blooper like this with Ford bothering the new kid about not piloting the falcon right

IDK....I can just imagine Han doing that ;)

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sounds fun, but this is a JJ Abrams movie. Complete and utter blackout until an "announcement trailer" ala Star Trek Into Darkness did is what I'm predicting. Depends if the Mouse leans on him for social media but Kathleen Kenedy seems keen on the guy and let him do what he (doesn't) want.

11. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (Needs a beard though, lol)
    General Han Solo
    Chancellor Leia Solo
    Ambassador Lando Calrissian

This is the guy who did the art:
    Deviant ArtistrampantimaginationA who had this to say,
    Based on how I thought the Star Wars characters would look in the new movie. Since at this time I know nothing about who will be cast in the film, I thought it would be cool to create a one sheet showing some of our favorite characters from the Star Wars franchise. I had a blast creating this art.

TreborSabreon and T-R- like this.
  12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Bloody awesome poster above apart from the fact it shows no new characters :confused:

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Hamill hasn't posted on Twitter since mid February when he was promoting Sushi Girl......I wonder what he's been up to [face_thinking]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Maybe because we know absolutely nothing about the new characters? The artist even mentions that in the excerpt posted above.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I really hope this becomes an reality ^:)^^:)^

16. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    He is propably working out so he can fit into his old Jedi robes :cool:;)

17. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    That pic is great, very artistic, much talent involved in it's creation, but Leia does not look like Carrie Fisher (whether younger or older) in any way, shape or form. To me that looks like a completely new character.

Bravo to the artist all the same! =D=

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Why do you think he sold to Disney then if he was already planning on making the movies? He had the money, that's for sure.

19. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    JMO, obviously, but I think having the movies in development - treatments, script in process, Big 3 in contract negotiations - made LFL a more desirable property for Disney to buy. I don't think he wants to make more movies. I believed George when he said he wanted to retire.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love that fan poster of the big three. While I don't want the big three to be the be all end all of the ST, I would love that they would have a roll that they could have a poster such as that one. :)

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I imagine there will be 3 types of posters. One which is just of the OT cast, another of just the new cast, and the third *final and biggest one* which is a combination of them all including the new villain, the droids and all that fun stuff. Sadly I feel the days of the painted posters are over and we'll most likely just get the stupid photoshopped messes hollywood loves *so get ready for some "Guy facing away from us" posters and "Extreme close up of peoples' faces" posters* :(

22. Calpaz

Calpaz Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2013
    Well then it looks like we will have to go to talented fans for nice "good ol' fashion" posters from now on :p

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah have you noticed that while hollywood gets lazy with their posters, the fan-made posters *for almost any movie* have definitly been getting better *some even looking better than their official poster counterparts*

Calpaz and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Foreign posters for US releases can often be really stellar, as well.

25. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Modern movie posters look disgusting. They're all the same and photoshopped to the point where the actors are unrecognizable. I really hope Star Wars sticks to the traditional style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.