main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help! Do you have any of my fics saved?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Shaindl, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi all,

Some of you long time members might remember me - I used to post a lot here about a decade ago (god, does that make me feel old!). I just came here to try and collect up my fics to show my kids only to find - you guessed it - that my posts have all been lopped off.

Yes, I know I should have back ups, and I did! I promise! But between different moves, computer crashes, computer upgrades, etc, etc, I lost my back ups of most of my longer stories. So here comes my request: do any of you out there have any of my fics saved that you could email to me? I know it's a long shot, but I'll be devastated if I've lost them all (ie. if TPTB can't get the posts restored). Any help you can give would be SO appreciated.

And though it's been a long time since I've written any SW, I might be persuaded to fill a prompt if anyone can help me out. Thanks in advance,

Shaindl

PS: Mods, if this is an inappropriate post, please lock it. :) Cheers!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Funny you should mention this, but I saw something just the other day that might be able to help.

http://web.archive.org/

It takes snapshots of the web and saves them for all time. It might take some time to find anything, but it's a start.

Hope it helps.

3. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Already tried it, and nothing there on the Wayback Machine. :( Other people have had luck though, so I hope it works for someone else. :) Cheers, and thanks for the help!

4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hi - I've enjoyed your stories through the years and yeah, Wayback was my suggestion, though it is hit and miss by its very nature. Good luck!

5. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestion and too bad it didn't work! Thanks also for letting me know you enjoyed my stories - that means a lot. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.