main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I had homemade pizza for lunch and dinner last night :p I still prefer Pizza Hut.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Not pizza hut... nothing is better than a self-made one!! Yummy! :D

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Except when you burn it. Then it's not so good. ;)

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then it's just a bit crispy... :p

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Not how my parents used to burn them back in the day. Not with smoke rolling out of the oven.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok, that needs some special equipment. ;)

7. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    now I want homemade pizza hut... =P~

nothing beats stuffed crust....

papa-johns crust in their garlic sauce is very close.. =P~

8. JediJainaJade

JediJainaJade Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2013
    The only thing I have near me is a pizza hut but it satisfies a pizza craving in a pinch,

However I do make one mean homemade pizza dough :) Nothing tastes better than homemade pizza

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Except when you burn it. :p

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know that this comment is grounded on the context that I live in a major city with a massive Italian population... and others may not have such a convenience... but, I can not even remotely understand how Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, etc. even stay in business in cities where there is a legitimate Italian family-owned pizza shop that makes everything fresh and actually-pizza-like as possible on nearly every corner. Quadruple my astonishment when discussing this phemomena in a city such as NY.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    There's a massive non-Italian population in most areas. ;)

Besides, many of the smaller places are already long gone due to competition.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The context of my post is clearly marked as "context". I fully understand the necessity of Pizza Hut in Iowa. Or the Sudan.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I think I read that before... [face_thinking]

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It takes two times to really let it sink in. ;)

15. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I have yet to try a pizza that is just as good (or better) as the one my mother makes.
    I should have her make some, now that I'm home on break

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I enjoyed the local pizza places when I was at school. I tried making homemade (well, the kind that you take out of the package and stick in the oven yourself :p ) once, and I burned my hand really badly.

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Naw Pizza Hut is still my weakness......

18. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    We don't have Pizza hut

19. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I love pizza, especially from small family owned restaurants. I prefer the St. Louis style pizza which is a very thin crust with provel cheese. Many of my friends find it hard to believe that I actually like pizza since I worked at Papa John's Pizza for over 12 years. :p

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Either you love it or you hate it, I guess. :p

Since a lot of you live in the USA... what do you think about North Korea? The last years, one hasn't heard much about this country, but now, suddenly it seems, it's on top 1 in the news. I wonder what happened, what caused it...

21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Since they lack the capability to actually hit the US mainland with a nuke via rocket, they will either hit our military bases in S. Korea and Japan(makes me worry for Chilla since she's there) and maybe try hitting Hawaii or the Aleutian Islands(part of Alaska) and/or they will try sneaking in small conventional explosive devices packed full of waste radioactive material hidden in briefcases, luggage or parcels. Countries that are near them who are allied with us are also at some risk as well even if we don't have any military bases there. If they do decide to do something that stupid though, I doubt they will have China backing them this time.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    North Korea will probably actually attack now that the majority of US citizens are at the point of rolling their eyes whenever Pyongyang threatens to fire their "war rockets" across the ocean. Seriously, this missle posturing seems to happen every season these days. Kim Jong Il was ridiculous. It was like having a real life Cobra Commander or Doctor Doom. He would appear on the news, standing in front of missle silos, crushing a globe in his hand while wearing his supervillain costume. The truth is that their family likes being in power... not to mention alive... so they honestly are just demonstrating their Napolean Complex and attempting to remind the world how big they are. They don't want to destroy the US... they want Starbucks and Disney to open in North Korea and Adam Levine to sing for them while they watch American wrestling.

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Since a lot of people seem to think that it's just "showing how big his muscles are" without being a real threat, I wonder if he just starts a war because he can't stay on threatening all the time at one point of time - no matter if the chance of winning is there or not. Just to show that he fulfills his threats and can stay in his wanted "good" role for the average nationals. In that case, I'd start worrying for Chilla as well...

Haven't realised / read / heard in the news that he's doing it about every season... For me it sounds being "new" on the news...

24. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    He's following in his father's footsteps. His daddy was constantly threatening to break the cease fire(the Korean War has never officially ended since a peace treaty was never signed) and he's doing the same thing. There have been instances over the past 50+ years that shots have been fired by both the north and south fired back but fortunately it hasn't led to a full fledged conflict.

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, I read about that the last days. I can't understand why they can't sign a peace contract and keep peace. They aren't forced to love each other, but peace? Would be nice for the citizien!

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.