main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Are we finally going to witness a light sabre being constructed in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jcuk, Mar 24, 2013.

1. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Maybe the recovery and recreation of the "first" light saber used by the first Jedi or something would be good too ... Like Excalibur from the lady of the lake.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    As long as it's not that ridiculous "darksaber" from TCW, maybe. But mcguffins like that don't really fit in Star Wars - too close to Indy. Maybe for a standalone feature rather than Ep7.

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was kind of surprised not to see that sort of rite of passage in the Prequels. I expected to see Anakin getting or building his own lightsaber and that sort of thing.

4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013

5. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. The rites of passage thing. If done properly would add some weight to the character and wouldn't demean the lightsabre as something they could just buy at a shop or something? (Lol)

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  6. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I'd like to see it. I can picture it in my head. The Jedi is meditating in front of all the pieces and all of the pieces lift from the floor or bench or whatever and swirl around and begin assembling... sort of like a Jean Grey telekinetic kinda thing.

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    We've been there. We've done that. It's called TCW.

And for those of you giving Jcuk guff over spelling, it's called The Queen's English. What some of us dumb-"arses" here in the States use can barely be CALLED English. If that's what we've come to after nearly 240 years as a republic, I'd rather have the proper English language back AND the monarchy, taxation without representation and all (like we could tell the difference anymore...). At least that way everything we say couldn't be reduced to OMGs and LOLs and all that garbage...

8. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Thanks. But as regards to the sabre thing, it may have been 'done' in TCW but how many who will go to see Episode 7 will be familiar with that? I think it needs a scene like that, and maybe JJ being a fan does too. Whoever the Padawan is sitting there meditating, aligning the crystals using the force, and then finally constructing the hand piece around them. Once completed the Padawan ignites his/her sabre and admires their handy work. Or something along those lines.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  9. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That's why Luke goes back to Tosche Station in the ST. He gets the power converters so he can build a lightsaber.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Maybe Tosches is where all the padawans go to get their power converters? Kinda like a fashionable thing? Like everyone's got their favourite clothes shop? Hmm..(slowly nodding appreciatively)

DarthPoppy likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I could see this, if we mean the one specifically on Tatooine. If we have learned anything about Tatooine in the films thus far it is that if there is a bright center to the universe, Tatooine is it.

Darth_Quintonis and DarthPoppy like this.
  12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Maybe their a chain? Maybe they've got stores throughout the galaxy? (More vigorous appreciative nodding)

DarthPoppy likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Tosches' does have a nice brandname ring to it.

Darth Venator and DarthPoppy like this.
  14. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    this is one of those things that is better kept a mystery, i think.

15. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is something that is definitely on my wishlist for Episode VII or later in the trilogy. I'd love to see a scene in which a Jedi has travelled to Ilum to obtain a crystal and then constructs a new lightsabre.

Jcuk likes this.
  16. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

It's a good job you didn't mention anything about the colour of the lightsabre blade. Our American cousins would have been having kittens after witnessing that!

Jcuk likes this.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    What's fun about watching a put together a lightsabre in a movie? Sounds like something you would watch in a boring youtube.

18. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I hated it when Anakin referred to Qui-Gon's lightsabre as a lasersword. Incidentally, before anybody says anything about it, we Brits spell 'laser' like that.

19. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I am guilty of wanting to watch the 'How to build your own lightsabre (for real)' tutorial you alluded to on youtube, but I'd rather see it dealt with in Episode VII, VIII or IX.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Just something I always thought would be cool to see on 'the big screen'. Think it would make the lightsabre more personable to the character rather than just giving it a purple blade or whatever. I mean, theyre not blasters are they. Their unique to Jedi/Sith. Why not show them making their own unique sabre. And also the right of passage thing. IMO

21. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

You mean Lightsabres R Us, level 33 in downtown Coruscant, don't you?

22. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Sadly, most of what you said can also be applied to a lot of Brits. I know. I encounter them everyday and am often appalled at the way that they speak. I'm quite a pedant when it comes to language, so it does rather p*** me off. By the way, I'm a Brit.

Pfluegermeister and Jcuk like this.
  23. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah that's the one, Obiwan and Anakin checked out the latest models in AOTC after the assassin scene.Ended up on the cutting room floor though.:(

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Oh. Well maybe we'll get lucky and see how they make brown Jedi robes too. Probably slave droids construct them.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  25. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Eeth-my-Sarcasm