main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It also seems like Haytham will be a playable character again, as buying an Edward Kenway figurine gets you "a unique outfit colour for Haytham"!

2. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It was a typo on AC's site. :_|

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Did they use Val Kilmer for Edward's mo-cap?
    :p

THIS.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I keep getting the feeling that someone at Ubisoft went "Hmm. People liked the naval missions in ACIII, and prefered Haytham over Conner... So how about we make an entire game based on the naval missions and make it about Haytham's father!"

That said though, the game does look sweet. :p

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The diving is what I want to see...

6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    While I have been embarrassingly slow to get the Assassins Creed series (in fact I still have yet to play any! :(). The gameplay trailer for this has me extremely fixated, I just have to have this. The pirate game I've always wanted?

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, play the others first, so u will be caught up by November :)

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

I agree as well. Haytham was a fascinating character. If only he had been on the side of the "angels".
    But as far as Assassins and Templars are concerned, that is such a relative term.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Hopefully Eddie can come close to Ezio's awesomeness

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So you guys may have heard this at some point since AC3 but I thought I'd post it since I hadn't: a deleted monologue from Ratonhnhake:ton at the end of the game. Should've been part of the epilogue missions, no idea why they removed it.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    They're releasing an HD version of Liberation at some point. No further release date other than next year though. I know I'll be preordering it. I'm quite looking forward to playing as a female Assassin, and I don't have a PS Vita so I can't play it on that.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    moosemousse The UK trailer and a couple of the others say "Early 2014", which usually means a Q1 release. I heard the Vita version had a lot of problems but it actually sounds like Ubisoft are fixing them - frame rate, story points occasionally being sped over really quickly, bad mission pacing in regards to the personas. I mean, they claim to have fixed them in the press release, so I hope they have. I'd like to pick it up too, but not if it's a bad port.

13. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Allow me to joind in the AC love. Gotta be my favourite series of all time.[face_dancing]

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When does Black Flag come out? October or November?

15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    October 29 for current consoles. November 15/22 for next-gen consoles. Unknown for PC.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    So the game is simply being ported over to the next-gen consoles? Does that mean that the current gen systems will deliver a better game play experience?

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Unlikely. The newer consoles naturally have better hardware, and so will be able to, presumably, run at a better frame rate, generate larger crowds, show more detail, better draw distance, less loading etc.

That said, if you're planning on buying it on a current gen system, I imagine the game will be completely serviceable.

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    If you've seen the latest video from UbiSoft about the game, it goes into detail about how they made the game bigger and better technically. It's pretty impressive, but likely more apparent on next-gen.

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I wouldn't notice if it was a bad port or not. Some of the PSP version of GTA: Chinatown wars was noticeable, like some of the mini-games that were originally designed for touch controls, but those are being removed from ACL.. The PSVita does have the same controls as a full console too, so controls won't be all that different either, if they're different at all.

As for ACBF, I expect it'll be great on current gen consoles but amazing on next gen. If you're not getting next gen for a while you shouldn't miss out on any of the story or experience, but you'd probably notice things like graphics, physics, and such, if you were to compare the two.

07jonesj likes this.
  20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Damn. As a rule, I don't waste money on new consoles during their first year. But I'm an AC fan and want the best experience possible. Hmm...

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    And perhaps...you could wait for reviews and make an informed decision. Maybe BF will still look wonderful on the 360. At least I truly hope so. :)

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The naval missions were, frankly, a highlight of AC3 (which I thoroughly enjoyed despite Connor being opposed to the good guys during that war...). More of them are welcome, of course.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Agreed. Hopefully a little more depth will make them even more enjoyable.

In terms of the "good guys," I thought AC3 did a fantastic job in demonstrating that there were none. Both sides did terrible things, and not much really changed after the Revolution. A new society was born with the same people being tread over, just a new flag and a new name.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I just felt bad killing redcoats. :(

25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I felt bad killing the guards in all previous games... everybody but the actual crusaders and templars. Most seemed like normal, simple, conscripted guys, who were just as deceived as the innocent people the Assassins were trying to protect. I think they realized that with Revelations, since parts of the story actually acknowledge the guards' more virtuous responsibilities and "innocence by ignorance," and they had to make you feel better about it by making all their ambient dialogue a little bit more gruff. I guess it wasn't so bad in Brotherhood, since the Borgia guards were made out to be a private paramilitary who knew what they were getting into.

But then again, I guess a roundabout part of the Assassin's--what's the word... Code? Law? Set of guidelines? It'll come to me--was that one should not sign up to kill people if one cannot accept personal responsibility for those kills. You can see that in the very academic way that your recruited assassins were trained, avoiding creating mindless soldiers and instead valuing individual lives, even when you're choosing to take them. I think there's actually something oddly inspiring about that. Of course, there are hypocritical holes (employing mercenaries and thieves, for instance), but the same is true of all human philosophy.

But yeah, let's get past flags, shall we? I doubt any of us are browsing the forums from atop of a pile of gold bullion next to a Queen or a President, so until then, may we all play for the same team...