main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Redundant, Counter-Productive Speculation Time Is Over: "The Star Wars" Announced

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I read a column of how these days no maker gives any scoops to interviewers. They have a list of stuff they can say, and say just that, because if they slip anything more it's everywhere in the Internet soon.

"Our new game will be on all platforms"
    "Will it have multiplayer?"
    "We can't say that now"

Three months later:
    "Our new game will have multiplayer"
    "What's in it?"
    "We can't say that now"

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Of all the Star Wars dancing animations people have posted in threads over the past few years, that has to be the creepiest I have ever seen.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    oh my god he's retconned star wars kinect

5. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    And it would be epic. And folks on the boards would be singing praises to it for years to come.
    Er. They might dance those praises, too.

6. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Both of you, I mean this in the kindest possible way, when I say I hope you both fall into a sarlacc pit.

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    My mind has already retconned it hehe!

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I hear the Sarlacc Pit is totally the exclusivest dance club on Tatooine. The party don't stop for 1000 years, baby!

Plaristes and Random Comments like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Can you kindly hope for that to happen after Abel's announcement? Or even kindlier, after he publishes whatever he's written? And even more kindliest, before the hammer falls on the current EU so we can live 1000 years in ignorance of what befell our beloved warus and Goodvalors and green rabbits and lying space chickens?

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Backing up for a moment--I have trouble seeing Abel's thing as being related to DH's thing.

11. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Maybe he has already planned a retcon so clever that not even Disney will be able to undo Abel's pre-emptive retconning of the EU into unrebootable indestructibility.

(That, or Abel has been sitting on years of TCW retcons that he now is able to finally release. :p)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Am I the only one hoping that Randy's announcement turns out to be an April Fool's joke that most of the forum-goers will believe because of all the hype he's given it?

Damn, that would be awesome. I would be like "Well-played, sir," and he would be like "Shut up, TFN jerk."

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  14. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Better that we pretend it doesn't exist.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol. :p

Beat me by a few minutes, I guess (dammit!), but it was worth its own thread imo.

16. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    I just saw this news posted into The EUCantina Literature Forum. So it must be true.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh]

I'm reminded of when people post links to Onion articles on facebook and fume in outrage, believing the stories to be true.

18. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Excuse me, Lugija and GrandAdmiralJello!! I was the one who posted that on the EUC forum under my SN on there, and both of you are grossly making a mountain out of a molehill.

Lugija, clearly you did not read my entire post on EUC. I said to take it with a grain of salt. I never, never, said it was true, only that it could be. You should have done what I did, check TF.N's news page instead of blindly believing it was true because I said so. If you want to point fingers after this, point them at Barriss Coffee. His/Her post on the previous page of this same thread was the reason why I posted on EUC. And lest you think I blindly fell for it, GrandAdmiralJello, note that I said I checked TF.N's news page. Your laughing icon was in very poor taste IMO.

Lugija, it is false. End of discussion.

19. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes I read it, and I did not mean any offence or imply that you had fallen for it. I simply thought it amusing that it had been posted on another forum. Many of us who post here regularly saw that it was false immediately (mainly because it was written by Barriss_Coffee in humorous style and there was no link).

I have once fallen into what someone says in the Internet without a source: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...y-joe-schreiber.50008257/page-5#post-50325872

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you] Barriss_Coffee

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's settle down a bit, friend. As you said -- let's not make mountains out of molehills. In these times of uncertainty for the EU, I'm sure many of us have become more credulous for that very reason. No reason we have to take ourselves so seriously though.

You read a satiric post and didn't get it at first. It happens to all of us sometimes. No need to make it bigger than it is.

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I no longer know if any of this conversation is meant to be taken seriously or not so I shall just remain quiet and say nothing. :p

MistrX and darklordoftech like this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You can always count on the principle that I am never to be taken seriously.*

*Except for when I am.

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I for one would like to know what happened to the other 8,920 Skywalkers.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They were killed by Jax Pavan.

No, I'm not telling you which one.