main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It has stopped snowing. When all is said and done, while the temperature and precipitation were horrid, there isn't much actual snow on the ground. None on any paved areas and my windshield wipe cleared off my car. I am thinking a trip to Denny's or IHOP is in order. Not sure which.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    IHOP. Get the rootie rootie fresh and fruity.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Because I hate my body, I have been eyeing up their Red Velvet Pancakes.

4. JediJainaJade

JediJainaJade Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2013
    I know right ;) Right now it is perfect. About 70 with a slight breeze. Went on a wonderful jog today

5. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Don't do it. My wife got those last time we went. What an epic letdown.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Were they? Dagnabbit. They looked so good in theory. I usually do their "healthy" pancakes... like the whole grain with fruit.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I read that those healthy choices was a load of garbage. They're not much more healthier. Haha! Give in to the fat side!

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    They are lighter, which is the sole selling point for me. I never feel like I need an EMT to meet me at the exit after eating them.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *contributing to the daily GIL weather report*

Windy and 49 here. Odd for North Carolina after the first day of spring.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What is there at IHOP that a vegan can eat? I'm pretty sure their pancakes contain buttermilk and egg.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Substitutes used upon request.

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Hopefully the next shift shows up.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Are the roads cleared enough, yet?

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

A salad?

15. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah their clear. It's just fear of the melting snow turning to ice at this point. Of course now his dad's truck, which we have been using, has a flat tire. And we don't have a jack or a spare tire. So John is waiting on the side of the road for his dad to get there. Though we had a friend offer to go by. I don't know if they did or not, I've not heard from John for 15 minutes now. Hopefully someone has gotten to where he is.

16. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    The sun has actually come out for me here in North Carolina! The weather's been cloudy, windy, raining, occasionally snowing (but never enough to stick) and generally miserable all day, so it's nice to have an hour and a half or so of sunlight to finish it off.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Where are you?

18. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    He's in North Carolina you silly goose.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Must be further north in North Carolina than I am because we haven't seen rain or snow today.

But I can be in South Carolina in 20 minutes so that isn't saying much.

Well, wherever you are, nice to see another Tar Heel around.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What would be the cultural difference between the Carolinas?

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Barbecue. Both states use pulled pork. South Carolina makes a mustard-based sauce. Eastern North Carolina, where I grew up, makes a vinegar-based sauce, and western North Carolina makes a tomato-based sauce.

Also, South Carolinians put shrimp in their grits, whereas North Carolinians put country ham in theirs.

South Carolina is more conservative and once elected a governor that confused "getting some Argentinian tail" with "hiking the Appalachian Trail." South Carolina also elected Strom Thurmond, and North Carolina elected Jesse Helms; they were both bat**** crazy misogynistic homophobic nuts, but it was amusing to imagine them starring in their own version of Sanford and Son, with Strom beating Jesse over the head and saying "You dummy!"

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So my fam is getting another dog and we're trying to think up names. So far our top pics are: Jack Bauer, Sherlock, Leia, Katniss, Ripley, Leeloo, Mila and Lucy. Which one do you guys think is the best?

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Jack or Lucy.

anakinfansince1983: The only thing I've ever put in grits has been butter. Then again, I doubt grits made a SoCal Denny's are "authentic". :p

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm always shocked when anyone outside the South eats grits, much less when a restaurant serves it.

I like cheese and sausage in mine.

25. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    My husband loves grits. I am not a fan of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.