main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've never seen Batman and Robin, but I've always been tempted too just for giggles.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If I see a Sith Lord that looks like Snape from Harry Potter, I'm out of there.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    1. Constant "I'm too old for this **** jokes." I'd rather NOT be constantly reminded that my OT cast is no longer young and pretty and fit
    2. Trying to compensate for the actors/stories flaws by shoving in tons of mindless and totaly out of character action scenes that those characters would probably never do but the studio feels like they need to do to make up for the fact that its not the same anymore.
    3. Stupid comic relief who serves no purpose
    4. If Adam Sandler shows up. I know it wont happen, but still...I'm a paranoid girl who always fears he will someday invade my fave franchises *he's already trying to invade my Marvel franchise and I do NOT want that to happen*

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Padme's force ghost.
    Clones of the Emperor.
    Dumb EU names.

5. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Force Ghosts

At this point I am over everyone's facination with them

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  6. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Double down on dumb EU names!

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Someone mentions midi chlorians..right that's it.

8. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Coming to this thread when it's already up to page 22, I'm wondering what the Binks count is at this point. Has anybody been counting?

9. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Darth Maul. At this point anything is possible.

10. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Alan Rickman as a Sith would be incredible, what are you talking about?!

11. Calpaz

Calpaz Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2013
    A really wimpy sith would do me in. I'm hoping for an evil dark dark sith lord.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Sitara like this.
  12. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    What would be so bad about a reference to Han shooting first? A line like "Shoot first, ask questions later" or whatever would be a potentially funny reference without being incredibly obnoxious. I think I'd be more surprised if something like that didn't make it in.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    If I see anything less than Alan Rickman as a sith lord, I'm out of there.

14. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Realistically there probably won't be anything that gets me to get up an leave.....but if Im disappointed enough with the movie and series direction....I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of skipping 8 and 9 in the theaters.........hopefully it doesn't have to go to the worst case scenario of "It doesn't exist to me....only episodes so and so count"

15. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Even if Ep 7 is completely terrible right from the beginning (like the entire movie is about Gascon from TCW), I don't think I'd leave. I'd have to stick it out, just out of morbid curiousity, if nothing else.

Plus, as an aspiring filmmaker, crappy movies can sometimes be more educational than great ones.

16. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    If JJ bought in his old buddy Giacchino to compose the score, it'll be a struggle to even get me into the cinema.

I doubt he would, but my word there'd be some Tusken Slaughter-tier rage coming from me.

But hey, this is Star Wars... We're probably all gonna sit through it either way ;)

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Darkslayer like this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    True, true.
    There's always something worth seeing in the movie and learning from it - even if it's, at the very least, how not to do stuff.

kubricklynch likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Only if the Prequel Trilogy is completely ignored, and maybe not even then.

19. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    The only issue i'd have is if a character(s) from the PT that didn't feature in the OT suddenly popped up.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    There are some things that Definitely would make me mad if I saw them, but I wouldn't actually leave the theater... I have found that by sticking through the movie, sometimes the last half hour or so can totally redeem anything I didn't like at the beginning...

I have read tons of yahoo reviews of movies by people who rate them with D's and F's, Saying how horrible the movie was-but then continue to say that they left after 20 or 30 minutes into the movie!! and to that I say: how can you tell whether a movie really deserves a Low rating if you haven't even seen a third of it?! So for that reason I always watch through the whole movie, just in case I might see something later on that makes me better understand why the beginning is the way it is...and aside from that fact I definitely wouldn't get up and leave in the middle of episode VII, Simply because it is Star Wars!! and if nothing else, curiosity alone will keep me in my seat!

As far as things that would make me mad, I agree-I would not want to see a bunch of "I'm too old for this $!&@" jokes, and I would also agree that I would not want to see endless pandering to kids In a way that is blatantly evident that it is simply to sell toys...

I would still sit through the whole movie though-yes-EVEN if I saw Jar Jar!

I know,I know-sacrilege!!!

But my curiosity is THAT strong!!!

Jarren_Lee-Saber and lbr789 like this.
  21. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Time-Travel, that would probably have me withmy jacket in hand ready to leave.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Hans Gruber robbing Nakatomi-wan Plaza on Life Day Eve.

23. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah I don't think I'd actually leave the cinema, I've never done so before. Having said that, if certain parts of the movie are terrible, then I would almost instantly disregard the whole thing and just go back to my opinion of star wars prior to it's release...but depends how it's all constructed. Such things might include:

- seeing a clone of any deceased (relatively) prominent character
    - seeing another death star (because really two was ridiculous to begin with...or if you build another one, FFS just block the exhaust trench with grated vents or something)
    - Time travel would be up there
    - In order to fill plot loopholes, using flashbacks to the PT/ST of important events that we never saw to maintain continuity

24. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Let's see...
    Jar jar Binks actually having a speaking role. (I can tolerate a bg cameo, or a Gungan who isn't just... dire)
    Darth Vader brought back.
    More childishly inane Lucas PT-style names.
    Corran Horn.
    Yuuzhan Vong.
    Mandalorians.
    Adam Sandler.
    Will Ferrell.
    Samuel L Jackson.
    Any other "big names" who want to be in it because they think it'll be 'kewl'.
    LENS FLARES OF DOOM!!
    Awful Disney cameos or tie-ins.
    Insipid, stilted dialogue.
    Ham-fisted romance.

As you can imagine, most of this rules out my ever seeing the PT again... As is the way it should be ;)

Jcuk likes this.
  25. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Deleted

Sith-Mullet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.