main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who should compose VII: Williams or Giacchino?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Feelicks, Mar 25, 2013.

?

Who could compose?

1. John Williams

97.3%
  2. Michael Giacchino

2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Williams. But I love Giacchino's work; the Ratatouille soundtrack is pure bliss.

2. HK-FittyCent

HK-FittyCent Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    who's up for fish from marillion to write and sing an official closing number? his voice is not what it was, but still, lyrically and in composition, even if he got someone else to sing with him (or alone)

example

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Let Williams do episode 7 for one last big horrah but let Giacchino take over afterwards because sadly Williams wont be around forever to do star wars films and I doubt Lucasfilm is just gunna start reusing the soundtracks or stop doing music all together once he's done. Eventually somebody else is gunna take over whether it be in episode 7 or not.

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Who SHOULD score Ep VII?

Williams.

5. Jinnsfirstpadawan

Jinnsfirstpadawan Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2013
    By far, John Williams is my choice. His music is iconic!

Poo-Do likes this.
  6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    John Williams obviously. Why does this thread even exist?

eht13, lbr789, Poo-Do and 2 others like this.
  7. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    - This. There shouldn't even be a question in ANYONE'S minds. Williams is a god, I want him to do it as long as he is able to. He's just as much Star Wars as the Force..Lightsabers...Luke..Leia..Yoda...etc..His music has dialogue of it's own. To use anyone else would not only be insulting, but a massive,massive,massive mistake.

I heart the Williams.

8. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Daft Punk, all the way!

9. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    THIS!!!!!^^^^^ My sentiments exactly. Stole the ole' words right out o' my mouth. :)

10. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    If Williams is not able to do the score, I'd rather they re-cut existing Williams material to the new films rather than hiring someone new. Without his orchestration, it just wouldn't be the same. There are many talented composers, but only ONE John Williams.

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    IMO you shouldn't let star wars music die with Williams just like you wouldn't stop making Star wars stuff if Lucas left. There are plenty of capable composers so you wouldn't need to just reuse the music.

12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I'm not opposed to new musical directions being explored, as long as they're exploring new territory. Williams has developed a certain musical vocabulary (both thematically and emotionally) that most of us associate and identify with the Saga over the years.
    I'm simply stating that I'd just prefer his music to cover the existing story and characters, and see them through their journey to conclusion.
    Once the ST is over and done with, and spin-offs start being offered...go nuts. It might even be interesting to have him collaborate with another composer to work out new themes and music for the new characters, thus 'passing the torch' in terms of music as well. Could be cool...

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ding ding ding. That could work.

14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I voted. No, I don't have to say who I voted for. Look at the results. ;)

16. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    They could do the same like they did on Batman Begins/The Dark Knight - two composers.
    Then after Episode 7 Giacchino can take all the rest Episodes.

17. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    It must be Williams for episode 7, although for Episode 8 or 9 they could have Williams and another composer collaborate and the new composer can introduce some new themes that will carry on through the next several films. Of course even after Williams is out of the picture, the original Star Wars main title theme will always be used. I like Giacchino and I could see Howard Shore or James Horner taking it over.

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    As of this post 34 - 0. LOL There's no doubt or discussion.

[​IMG]

Poo-Do likes this.
  19. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    ok, can someone tell me why this sort of thread exists while other better thread actually get locked?

There is a few people here who are for anyone else than John Williams so they will post anyone else other than John Williams. While i respect their opinions. Anyone else than John Williams is frankly... a Farce.

Its like no one else has better things to do than trying to re-invent that particular wheel and has a Star Wars fan i feel kind of insulted that other Fans would suggest anyone other than John. If John is willing and is physically able and mentally able to do it then there is no reason to even throw other names.

Instead of this kind of thread, people should talk about the music of the films and not the composer.

And please stop trying to re-invent the wheel by trying to replace it with a square one and trying to make people think that it would work!

nuff said!

20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    provided he's fit, healthy and able - Williams all the way

21. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    John Williams. I know that the idea is to handover to a new generation of film makers but I want Williams doing the score. The standalone films I don't give a **** about but the main Episodes I want Williams.

22. Twi'lekPrince

Twi'lekPrince Jedi Knight

Mar 24, 2013
    John Williams, because, he's John Williams. So yeah, that pretty much sums it up. [face_plain]

23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There is a music thread HERE. Please discuss this there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.