main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm very sure we'll at least get the Clovis arc and the Fives/Trench arc (much since we've seen clips from the former and a rather big preview of the latter); the show has essentially cornered those episodes as in "you'll definitely get to see these" and Disney would lose big time if they let them go altogether.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That'll piss me off royally if those are the only two finished season '6' arcs... already finished season 5 arcs that were pushed to god damn season 6. That's some pretty false advertising and no I don't feel grateful.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately this report on TFN contradicts what the VAs have been saying and does appear to contradict what Filoni has said as well. It also does contradict what we know about S6 as well from various other sources. So I am reluctant to believe that S6 is barely done considering the people we can trust would be more reliable then unnamed sources. I don't want to believe doom and gloom either...

I want to feel more positive about this.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    So when are we actually going to find out what we're seeing and when we're going to see it? I don't know why they're keep it such a secret for so long!

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Rumors tend to be produced at a quicker rate than official announcements.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sadly I think we are still on the wait and see approach however I take some comfort in knowing that JAT atleast is usually right about what he tells fans. I also am confident that Dave Filoni would be fighting for these episodes to get out the pipe behind the scenes. I call shenanigans on the TFN report on the 'tepid' fan reaction anyways. With all the protesting driven by RFR and Save The Clone Wars? No way!

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lets hope Filoni can reveal more when he is interviewed by RebelForceRadio in a few weeks - unless there is an announcement before then.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow let's put it this way... browsing the Facebook photo album that Joel Aron tweeted today of Lucasfilm Animation crew portraits and clicking on some of these folks Facebook profiles, they are clearly sad that they were all told to leave suddenly. It seemed it was an amazing experience for them, so they are clearly not going to be happy, and may put that a bit on the fans. I'm sure Eric Geller's contacts were not happy at the time so they were bound to have some bitterness about the whole thing. Well not all of them feel that way or expressed it in that way, so he revised his story on TFN to remove that part of it.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I certainly hope Filoni will throw us some bones.

I can relate, I know what its like to get suddenly laid off and still have to report to work and be expected to be nice to customers for one more week. JAT seems bitter himself in some of his response. Still, I have a tier for which employees I think the best info comes from.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If Filoni doesn't put up a real fight to make the episodes reach us fans, color me surprised and disappointed; he definitely sounded positive in that announcement video with the Fives/Trench arc preview so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Seerow likes this.
  11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see how it can not come up, unless there is some agreement made in advance that Disney and the LucasFilm layoffs, etc will not be discussed. At which point it will just be awkward because they won't get to ask the questions that are on everyone's minds. Which is kind of what I expect to see happen. If Filoni was affected by the layoffs, then he might be able to be more direct in addressing things, in the same way that JAT does. But if Disney/LucasFilm's PR departments are overlooking what can and can not be discussed by Filoni, I figure he's just going to be going off on how it's an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan and how Episode VII is being made, and how he never thought in a million years that he'd get to say that in his lifetime, etc.

Watto likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dave has been positive the entire way through. He was the one who confidently said he sees cool stuff everyday. Its hard to tell particularly since that's probably one guy who may benefit from all this. But all that confidence and building fans up has to pay off.

13. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Hopefully that's why it was postponed. Maybe there will be an announcement this week or next and then Filoni can talk more about on RebelForceRadio.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Someone just cracked a "Star Wars DVDs heading to the Disney Vault" joke in another forum, and it dawned on me that Disney could -- and probably will -- pull this very stunt with the TCW DVDs. Disney's always locking its own videos in the so-called "vault" to drive up sales on those rare occasions they're released from moratorium. I don't know who's in charge of the DVDs now, but I suspect they're prime targets at this point.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Every few years they'll release the "extra special editions" of some season's DVDs with "bonus content."

"For a limited time only, you can own this release with Maul's newly redesigned spider legs!"

Seerow likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Vault is only for certain Disney movies.

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    So that's what was in the Vault. Season 6.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Right now. [face_skull]

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Let's hope the Vault doesn't grow.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Except this is the sort of stuff that tends to stay in the vault on the spot on the shelf where Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog used to sit beside the likes of Treasure Planet and Talespin I fear. x.x;

21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I count GG's kill.

He appeared in 6 episodes of CW, killed 3 Jedi Master, 1 knight, 1 padawan, would kill another if not for the comic showed him alive later, brutally beat 2 council members, Shaak Tii twice. Only got beaten by Dooku and Mace Windu.
    He appeared in nearly 20 episodes of TCW, only killed 1 knight and it was using blasters to ambush, got beaten many, many times.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    He actually didn't get beaten much when you think about it, he tied most of his fights.

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Even his victory was helped by his guards, like the one with Koth. Without them he would mostly lose that one.

They even stole his kill and gave it to Savage.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And lost to Gungans.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Vader goes straight for the low blow doesn't he? =b