main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 I really liked the line about Jedi not carrying grudges from R2 Come Home as well. Aurra seems to be portrayed as fairly worldly in TCW, and she sounds so certain when she says it, it's great to see that the Jedi that kind of reputation among people who know what they're talking about. Your rating for R2 Come Home and Death Trap are pretty much swapped from mine, though I'd probably go 6 on R2CH instead of 5. I'm very intrigued by "a day in the life of a clone cadet" and very turned off by R2 adventures/antics. You pinpointed on of the worst moments tumbling down the steps and ramming into the other droid.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Supply Lines:

With Ryloth under siege, I'm surprised that we didn't see Orn Free Taa screaming like a banshee at the Jedi within the first two minutes.

I like seeing Bail at work, but seriously, Jar-Jar? Something got into the Theed water supply when they elected him, and it wasn't the Blue Shadow Virus.

Toydaria appears again, not sure how I feel about that.

Ah, Dooku in the lotus position...oohhhhmmmm

"The Trade Federation is not allied with the Separatists!" Who the hell is still stupid enough to buy that one?

And Free Taa appears and doesn't do badly.

I did like the debate about neutrality and whether it is broken by offering humanitarian aid to a besieged planet. Looks like the Toydarian King is afraid of Lot Dodd. LOL.

Fight was pretty good. And the Toydarian King's line about not being sure the Republic has the strength to prevail was...poignant.

8/10

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sphere of Influence:

Revisiting Pantora. I do like that planet and Senator Chuchi.

Lot Dodd pretending that the Trade Federation is neutral. Again. Stupidity runs rampant in the GFFA if people are buying that one.

A new character model for Padme, please.

Anakin, getting all sentimental about the blockade on Naboo. If I were Padme, I'd tell him to shut it. It's not all about how he feels.

And such lame shoehorning of Ahsoka. Since when are she and Chuchi friends? Maybe Chuchi should have blown up the Jedi Temple.

Tatooine, Greedo and Hutts shoehorn.

Since when does Greedo speak Basic?

Of course Ahsoka shows off her mad skillz. Levitation and mind tricks, gymnastics and lightsaber combat.

Wait a damn minute here. The Pantoran chairman is friends with Jabba?

LOL Dodd, blaming Gunray in order to cover your ass.

This was annoying. The plot was contrived and the characters were shoehorned.

2/10

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Corruption:

Padme has a new model, but Satine is still wearing tornado testicle earrings.

Damn, that parade is cool though.

No wonder Mandalore has problems; apparently toddlers run their Council.

Oh ****, here comes the poison tea.

Dinner. Padme as the good politician. New character models for all and...new earrings.

Hospital. Dammit. Those poor kids. :(

"I must speak to the Ruling Council." Oh ****, the kids are doomed.

Corporate contracts and low budgets for schools is a real problem and I actually like the way they've caricatured it here. And the bribery, let's say I wouldn't be surprised.

"Impressive shooting for a Senator." Padme when she was at least somewhat badass.

LOL Olmec "setting up a committee." Good luck dude.

9/10

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Did you just give Corruption a 9/10? I thought everybody disliked that one.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, there is no universal opinion of any TCW episode.

And while this isn't why I gave the episode the rating it did, I don't even know what anyone else gave it, I tend to make it a point to not be "everybody."

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Well, the 'majority' dislikes it, but it's nice to see that some does like the more unpopular episodes.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Academy:

Ahsoka thinks she's overqualified? Seriously, you little arrogant brat?

I see the tornado testicle earrings are back.

LOL at the idea that academy cadets must be taught the definition of corruption by a 15-year-old. Are dictionaries rationed on Mandalore as well?

So Korkie and a couple of other kids with the munchies decide to go down to the warehouse, check on corrupt officials and see if they can get snacks in the process. LMAO

The kids get the recording, Satine blows them off and then they get lectured by Her Holy Snippiness. Who then beats up five guards at once to save them. My forehead has keyboard bruises.

But damn, poor Korkie. He didn't ask for any of this.

"What's the signal?" "You'll know it when you see it." Really, Korkie, no one would blame you if you told her to go **** herself.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to cheer when Olmec busted Ahsoka but I did.

Good speech for once Satine, and you're at least trying to fight back.

Oh hell. Mad Skillz Snips again.

Awww...nice Korkie/ Satine moment.

Anakin's praise and Ahsoka's fake modesty were just puke-worthy.

This was an Ahsoka Orgasm Episode. Ugh.

2/10

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol "tornado testicle earrings"...

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I wonder how long it will take Her Universe to start selling replicas.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Surprised to see you liked Corruption.

In terms of the feels, it covers a really dark issue - that being kids are being poisoned for profit. Does the episode treat this seriously, or does it treat the villains in a goofy manner? Ding ding ding. Goofy makes sense right?

Satine at one point hints at her guards to beat up a suspect to get the information about where all this is coming from, who the leader of this corruption is. Which is funny, because you couldn't write Satine more out of character. Oh, and BURN THE WAREHOUSE. It's not as if she could find evidence in there, just BURN IT. Oh, and if you don't burn it, Captain, I'll arrest you as being part of the conspiracy!

He doesn't want to burn down a crime scene, and that makes him a conspirator?!? Common sense, ye won't find any here.

Play a drinking game and take a shot every time you hear the word, "corruption". You will die before making it half way.

The plot is just terrible. It's not treated seriously, and none of the characters are consistent, least of all Satine.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We are supposed to believe that the Trade Federation has not taken sides according to Lucas. The TF are innocent bystanders.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LMAO. In that case, it would have helped if they had not been shown working with Dooku on Geonosis. Or building the battle droids that the Separatists used.

Obviously the citizens of the Republic are supposed to think the TF is neutral, otherwise you would think somebody would get his or her head out of the sand (because it's coarse and rough and gets everywhere and...never mind) and ask why the hell an organization whose leadership works with Count Dooku still has a seat in the ****ing Galactic Senate.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I broke my own rule and watched the Mortis trilogy. How bad could it be, right?

It was bad and made me feel bad. It was even worse than it was the first go, when it at least had the advantage of being new.

Back to pretending it never happened.

fett 4, JackG and 07jonesj like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Worse than the first time?

I may need to rethink this one; I'm not sure wine will help.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It was a decision by Lucas during the TCW tv run after the movies came out. If he had the choice to go back and do ROTS he would have left the TF out of ROTS. I asked the same question on here or the Temp boards and someone said the TF was supposed to be neutral according to Lucas in TCW. Why the TF still has a seat in the Senate is appalling to me as well. Makes no sense. That's why I loved Lott Dod getting taken down a notch when it was shown they had one one of the kids on his ship.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *sigh* Typical "I'm just making this up as I go along" bull**** decision making. I try to defend Lucas as much as I can but that kind of crap irritates the **** out of me.

fett 4 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm amazed that they've dedicated about 10 or so episodes to the politics of the Galactic Senate, and yet it still makes no sense. :p

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    A Friend in Need

This episode is way to short and rushed. It feels like it as written by a caffeinated Dalmatian at times. The beginning part with the peace talks is intriguing and somehow Satine always steals the scene for me just sitting in the back looking bored as hell. Its just kinda silly how Ahsoka goes to rescue Lux which was a nice thing to do but she started a firefight on the palace's lawn that ruined the peace talks and got a few of those senate guard guys killed.

I still really like Lux's character and this is my favorite episode for him. He's just so relatively normal compared to many characters in the GFFA and such a lovable idiot thinking he can just march in and threaten Dooku to get the holotracer MacGuffin thing going without a plan. Then the dude can't even hide Ahsoka's lightsabers. You hid them on the ship? The hell is wrong with you dip? You could have atleast buried them in the snow Lux. Its kinda cute when he says Ahsoka is his affianced and it still cracks me up to see Ahsoka's disgust the entire way. Funniest moment if definitely when Vizsla walks in on them kissing. Lux is to good for Ahsoka really. I'm glad the relationship stuff only really sparks at the end.

I appreciate Death Watch's thuggish biker gang of doom portrayal more now after the season 5 Maul arc. Its clear just how much Death Watch needed Maul to organize them and give them a game plan so the lot could actually accomplish their goals. Here they are just wasting time burning down villages and taking their woman. It is still totally creepy when Vizsla puts hit arm around Lux's shoulders almost like a dad when watching the village burn. Once of the few upticks to Onderon is the callback to this incident when Saw and Steela seemed disturbed to hear Death Watch's name. I don't mind Lux didn't seem to pick up many fighting skills until that arc.

Ok, gotta give credit where it goes. Ahsoka's quaddecap was badass. She didn't seem to do much growing in this episode. She pretty much seemed to take the whole thing in her stride intending to use it as an "I told you so" to Lux about Death Watch being bad news. I just don't feel like this is the episode that grew her into the more mature season 5 Ahsoka.

Overall... Its a little better than last time I watched it.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. I've given up trying to understand the politics in SW. Everyone pretty much lies. Same with real life.

Seerow likes this.
  21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah, so you caught George's political statement. Only a select few notice, it's really subtle. ;)

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay, not everyone lies in SW but why people want to go into politics is beyond me. Ha ha lol. I guess it is.

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno. Maybe they go into it think they'll do some good and end up selling their souls. o.o;

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Most likely.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    YES!