main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why Mark Hamill never worked with SW as the Voice Actor?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Mar 20, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I bought the Original Cut when it came out, still in those Warner Brothers cheap cardboard cases they did for way too long, all non-anamoprhic and stuff. Dunno if it ever got re-released in whatever format.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have it as well. Batman Beyond is very underrated imo.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    To be perfectly honest, I've seen, like, the pilot episode over a decade ago, maybe 2 random episodes in between, Batman Beyond: ROTJ & those Justice League Unlimited episodes. The thing is, even though Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is built on the foundation of the series, it's shockingly self-contained. You figure it all out within the first five minutes, it's totally efficient from a storytelling perspective. "Ah. Future Batman. Bruce is old now. Got it." And then the Joker comes back, and things go sideways. I've always seen the movie is actually really about Bruce Wayne/Batman's final showdown with The Joker, which you do see happen in the flashback section, and in the future Terry is basically doing it by proxy. Which is why the ending is so good because Terry Batman is the one who defeats him with his own twist. I know there is a huge chunk of Batman Beyond I haven't seen but I like Return of the Joker as kind of it's own thing, even though it was very much made for the fans specifically of the series. But I think it's good enough to stand on it's own two legs.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It does stand on its own two legs, but it also blends well with the series.