main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford: "I'm looking forward to it."

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 19, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Let me explain my above posts: I don't care if the new films are Mark Hamill reading from the phone book for 2 hours or if Luke does not appear at all. I am not fan-projecting. I was responding to your nerd-rage bullying and attempted condescension of another poster for being in the exact same position that you, yourself, are in: Not knowing anything about the film. But, boy, did you pwn him but good with your unrivaled "PPOR... SOURCE..." skills. ^:)^

I'd quit baiting before the thread accidentally gets locked and you have nobody to shame with your unparalelled knowledge of the ST.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    =D=Thank you for describing your contribution to the discussion at hand as well as most responses I've read of yours.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    First guys this thread is about Harrison. So find the Mark thread and talk about him there.

Second everyone has opinions so be respectful.

Third there are only two things we know for fact about the ST. An original story and Arndt writing it. Everything else is speculation including quotes from the 1980s.

Fourth if nobody can play nice I will lock this thread. We are all old enough to play nice and not be reminded ever single thread. Understood? Good.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I like this thread.....it's exciting ;)

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Fair enough, but you'll need to add that there are 3 things we know for fact. The 3rd is that the original story that Arndt is writing is based on Lucas' treatments and story (coincidentally making Lucas quotes from the 1980's-2000 relevant).

Yes, I do believe that Harrison will have a large part to play in at least Episode VII based on what we know.

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    *snoree* wake me up when there's something unexpected happening. Disney is really dragging this out to the point where I'm actually loosing some of my excitement. They need to stop leading us on and acting all coy. It's like a girl who wants a guy it works for a while, it works but it won't work forever...

stormcloud8 likes this.
  7. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yeah it's dragging abit now....news is drying up even wild rumours :mad:

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So.....I look forward to SW7 updating this

kubricklynch likes this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Swap 'wife' for 'wookie' ;)

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Wow. I had no idea how many times Ford has said 'my wife' or 'my family'. [face_laugh]

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I was just thinking that if Han does have the big death scene that we're all predicting, then it is likely that he will have a decent amount of screen time to build up to the climax of his death. Just a thought.

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Good thinking I'm with you there :cool:

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I disagree. IMO I think it would be his role during the rebuilding of the Republic. I don't see him standing by trying to get a business off the ground while his wife and borther in law are busy trying to clean up the messes and fires of resistence. It just doesn't make sense. It also wouldn't make sense that the Republic is fully rstored and now all Han has to do is run guns or something. Lastly, it makes ZERO sense for Han to still be a rogue since the reason he was a rogue to begin with was the EMPIRE. He no longer has to make a shady living. Besides, there would be zero growth or character arc if he didn't grow and change. I think those thinking Han will be a shady pirate again are setting themselves up for disappointment.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Shady pirate =! entrepreneur

Besides, he could take commissions from the NR. Character arcs are fine, as long as they don't destroy the essence of a character and being some NR representative would pretty much destroy the essence of what Han was. He would be a goody-two shoes like all the others.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Disagree. I think you're being myopic. Han can be a kick-ass General that does things his way and still maintain that maverick, roguish style. Him bowing out of the NR to run his own operation makes no sense as I've said.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That maverick rogue stile would just be surface. Yes, I fully expect him to use some cool catchphrase or other like any Whedon style hero but to me that is not what makes the character interesting. The desire for freedom is what's at the heart of Han Solo. Don't want him being put into a cage.

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Seems to me Han already found his freedom the moment he came out of the carbonite and admitted he loved Leia. The character was already pretty mellow and devoted to the cause above all else by the time of ROTJ, so I'll have a hard time buying into an incarnation that reverts to his ANH/ESB hyperactive fringe of galaxy self. Sadly, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Han appears as a Malcolm Reynolds 2.0, where his primary place in the film is to spout off zinger after zinger. I don't want to hear him going on about "this bucket is my life."

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, General Solo sounds just fine.
    Being a general does not necessarily mean one does everything by the book. Both history and fiction are full of such examples.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Again, as some of you don't seem to get it. Being the chief of a freighter company is something completely different than being a pirate. Freighter company Han plays by the rules and follows the law, he has quite a bit of responsibility, but he also doesn't take orders from politicians (which, you know, General Han would have to do because he is a General).

I can't imagine Han Solo do be the plaything of some galactic senate, which would inevitably include some Borsk Fey'lya characters.

20. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    I never said he had to be a general. He could just be a semi-retired hero who volunteers where needed when Leia and the Jedi ask it of him. Provided that Han is indeed still together with Leia, I have a hard time seeing him forsake her cause (which fully became their cause in ROTJ) in favor of being head desk jockey of a shipping company.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    If he is mostly retired, what does he do all day long? Babysitting the kids?

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Very true!
    Even with fans already being attached to him, they would want to give him enough screen time to really punch up the emotional impact. Well I guess so the new fans get the impact as well. ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    Babysits Chewie's grandson Lewie, reads up on early Republic history, goes out with Lando every Friday night for Bantha burgers. And above all devotes himself where necessary to upholding the peace that Leia and the Jedi hope to keep. Sounds much better to me than Han singing "you can't take the skies from me" while going over this month's payroll.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It's a small company?

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Isn't Solo already confirmed and referred to as "General" in RotJ?

Sorry if I've missed something