main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Open World Star Wars for Platforms

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Apexweights, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Apexweights

Apexweights Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2013
    I want an open world Star Wars game for the current and upcoming game consoles. The Force Unleashed is a good game, but I would rather have an open world Star Wars game so that I can get more Star Wars. I really don't know what they are thinking. 1313 looks awesome, but i believe everyone wants an open world game for the consoles.

2. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    This is something I have wanted for a long time. I plan on picking up TOR sometime this week to give that a try but like you said I want to see one for the consoles as well. They do have a lot they could do with it. What era would you want to see it in?

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    1313 was originally going to be an open-world game I believe.

4. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Yea 1313 was supposed to be an open world rpg at first i think, also i would love a game like that. But most likely it won't happen in the near future :(

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I like open-world games and more scripted story-focused games. Hell, I like good games. Just give us a good SW game, damn it!

6. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Seconded... TFU was a step in the right direction in my opinion even if it was very one track. However, they need to find a way to keep it from getting repetitive and allow for more off the path exploring.

7. Apexweights

Apexweights Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2013
    All i want is a new SW video game, choose dark side or light. If they would kind of go along with the Mass Effect set up that would be awesome.

A SW game that is a mix between Mass Effect and Skyrim. Now that would be an epic game.

Hercu Dogla likes this.
  8. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    I want an open world game with multiple planets. i would spend most of my time crashing star destroyers into houses of annoying gungan weirdos and destroying survivors with a lightsaber

Sent via my astromech droid

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Tatooine & Corusant are the best planets to base a game like that on.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I enjoyed the Coruscant levels in Bounty Hunter, especially the first one where you didn't have to fly much.

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The game would be so much more enjoyable if you didn't have to worry about the Jetpack running out of fuel, but the Coruscant stuff is awesome!

12. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    +1 to everything said in this thread. I've also talked about this with others for a long time now. Just give us Coruscant, open world, in a time period that there isn't some galaxy spanning war or civil war on, with a freedom to do whatever the hell we like. Including crashing spaceships into buildings, and getting in bar fights with aliens down below.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Did we not get an open-world game with Star Wars Pinball. That game can keep you playing for hours. :p

But really. LucasArts I want an open-world game but more importantly right now just make a good game... :)

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I wouldn't rely on Lucasarts to give you what you want, they have enough trouble with the games they are doing already. And Disney may not be interested in producing those sorts of games.

15. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    What I find really bizarre is, out of every videogame that has ever been made, the star wars galaxy has (probably) by far the most original settings and largest scope for imagination out of any video game universe, yet it seems that every game released fails to take advantage of this. I would think that making an awesome videogame, given the whole SW galaxy as your sandbox, would be one of the easiest things to do for developers, yet they consistently struggle at it (apart from the obvious few examples...though they were a while ago now).