main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Are we finally going to witness a light sabre being constructed in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jcuk, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I figured the ";)" would give it away as the joke it was meant to be. Sorry about the misunderstanding [face_peace]
    Well, I'm guessing you count me as one of the people giving him "guff" (I have no idea what that means), and I'd like to point out that I am Swedish, hence I'm not one of the State-side "dumb-arses" - and neither is English my first language. I was just arguing the point (albeit light-heartedly) that the fictional weapon from the Star Wars universe has the official spelling "lightsaber", even if it is not correct according to British English spelling standards. Had Star Wars been English as opposed to American, I am sure said fictional weapon would be spelled "lightsabre".
    I'll also have you know that I mostly use the British spelling for words such as "colour" or even "sabre" - when it's not made of light ;)
    It's all in good fun :)

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There should be a spin-off where it's just some guy constructing a lightsaber while sitting on the toilet.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  3. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope the new film consists of nothing the construction of a new Death Star from beginning to end. Using time-lapse photography of course so that it can be shown in 2 hours or so.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Well, coming back to the Jedi robes idea, we've never seen clothes being washed in SW before, so I think a laundry scene in the Jedi Temple could work well. Imagine a bunch of Jedi in their underwear sat in front of a row of washing machines. Imagine now that those same Jedi are using the force to increase the spin rate of the machines, so that they can get their robes washed and dried sooner. Jedi ironing their robes for Episode VIII would then make for a good sequel.

5. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I hope not.

Who cares how they are built, they aren't real anyway. More detail about the kind of stuff rarely, if ever, makes movies like these better. Who cares, they exist in this world, that's all we really need to do. I don't want to know how they work, how hyperspace works, how a blaster works, how all the laser points on the death star meet and stop etc... They are just are not important details.

Who cares how they work, just accept that they do.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That entire post sounds like something from a medieval religious discussion.

[​IMG]

8. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    Yeah, but with Jedi.

9. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Just imagining Palpatine using the comfy chair to turn Anakin to the dark side.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  10. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

Obi-Wan: "You must wash your robes Anakin. These robes are your life."
    Anakin: "Yes, master. I promise I'll put them in the laundry basket next time."

11. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    That would be aok -- although if Ilum appears pristine as opposed to having been ransacked by Vader / Sidious and whoever else stumbled upon it after the Jedi's demise -- it would be silly.

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I would guess that harpuah is one of those that "could care less" about the spelling differences [face_rofl]
    (The correct phrase is "couldn't care less" for those that don't know and are using it incorrectly - way too many people are saying, and by default using, that phrase incorrectly - it does so wind me up)

Wow, when did this thread turn into an English lesson - Sorry [face_blush]

13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    That's what I thought. But some are just too pedantic I guess /:(

14. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader to Luke ( on Endor) "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. You're skills are complete, indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen....".

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Indeed, things point to the conclusion that constructing your own lightsaber is one of the tougher things to do.
    If you don't construct it properly, it blows up or something.

That has me thinking...would be interesting if some overconfident student's lightsaber did blow up and like take his arm off...and in a totally weird twist he doesn't turn to the dark side and ragequits the Jedi Order...but learns patience and humility.
    Assuming there is a new Jedi Order and assuming there is an apprentice and assuming he is overconfident and assuming there is a twist and...all that.

Jcuk likes this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Something not unlike that happened in the Young Jedi Knights books. The one called Lightsabers if I recall correctly.

17. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Yes, I agree.

18. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

The Vader quote from RoTJ does tend to suggest that constructing a lightsabre does require a certain level of mastery of the Force - i.e. it's not just about being able to use a screwdriver and a soldering iron. I do also think we still need to consider that there may not be a Jedi Order - in the PT-era sense - in Episodes VII, VIII and IX. I know that has been mentioned in other threads, so won't go into any further in this post, though.

Jcuk likes this.
  19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Indeed, the reason why I stressed the assumption part.
    That, and to avoid getting the Source?! Hounds on my tail :p

20. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I was actually agreeing with your use of the phrase ''Assuming there is a new Jedi Order ... '' when I wrote what you've emboldened in your reply to me. I still don't think it's a given that a Jedi Order as such will exist in the ST era. Well, at least not at the beginning.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  21. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It would be cool to see, as long as it serves a purpose to the overall story.

Jcuk likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, got it - sorry, just a bit tired so only now when I re-read what I posted do I realise that my reply didn't really have the meaning/feel I intended it to have, hahah :p

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I would like to add that it really isn't a Lightsaber as much as a Light Sword. It would be great to see more variants, like Light daggers or any other such related weapon.

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Well if your gonna be stupid about it, why not have Anakin coming out of the crapper, and saying to Obi wan, 'I'd give that 5minutes if I why you'

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, because these are the sequels - Anakin and Obi-Wan are dead - duh! :rolleyes:

Death T likes this.