main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It really is much, much better than I ever thought it would be. But considering Lara came first long, LONG before Nathan Drake, I think it's only fair if she's now using some of his moves. :p

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How long is the single player in Tomb Raider? I'm thinking of getting it.

3. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    As per usual, I'm playing Minecraft.

And I'm still trying to beat TFU I on the hardest difficulty.

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I've heard a lot recently about this Minecraft but never seen/played it. Anyone got any links?

At the mo, I'm playing across the battlegrounds and colonial cities of America during 1778 in 'Assassins Creed III'. Love the series of these games and I can't wait for 'Black Flag' this November! Pirates and Assassins? Yes please! [face_dancing]

5. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    from wikipedia:

6. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    It's completely open-world. You can play survival mode and try to conquer the elements on your own, or creative mode where you are god and have the freedom to design any structure your imagination can come up with, without resource restricitons.

Here's some pics of people's random creations. Some are collaborative, some are solo projects:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    They're both inspired by Indiana Jones, anyway. :p

As for me, I'm currently playing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Huge! I got it Monday night due to my postman being fail and I completed the story on Friday with two full nights and most of my time playing it. I did try to do everything though, including all optional tombs. If you rush through it it'll still take a long time.

I've been playing Battlefield 3. As a premium member I got the new expansion pack last week. It is so good. Air Superiority kinda sucked at the start as I couldn't kill anything, but it's great now that I have some good gear for my jets.

9. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Wow! Thanks Son of a Bith, that's very impressive stuff and looks my sort of thing. I must check that out.

10. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    just cause 2

Sent via my astromech droid

11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I tried the new Tomb Raider today. I was pleased with it.

12. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Skyrim with all the new dlc.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Might start playing Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 again

14. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Got Cut the Rope yesterday. It's really annoying me how I can't get 3 stars on 2-7.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    StarCraft Heart Of The Swarm and Shadow Of The Colossus.

Life likes this.
  16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Finished God of War Ascension in less than 9 hours, worst game of the series.
    Puzzles sucked, combat was weak, save for one single level... and the story?
    Hard to trump beating all of Olympus, but I expected more...

I have Uncharted 3, yet to open it... haven't played the first two, should I?

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, you should play the first two before the third. The story in U3 is fantastic but the weight of the three main characters' relationships won't be there unless you've played at least the second game.

You can buy them both pretty cheap, and I'd definitely suggest playing them both, though as I said if you only want to play the second you'll be fine.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Thanks for the advice, I will probably pick up #2 on the cheap and go from there.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    #1 is also cheap and decent from memory. It's not overly difficult either, my friends and I finished it all in basically one night. I've decided to revisit and play through 1 again, so I can then move on to #2 and #3.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    BioShock Infinite. Makes me wish I still had the time to marathon a game for hours. The first hour or so is terrific, really draws you in. Can't wait to go back.

Also, Ultra graphics... =P~

21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    You'd be doing yourself a favor. Uncharted is one of the greatest game series I have played this generation. I love the characters and the adventures they go on, multiplayer can be fun too...

The first Uncharted is pretty underrated in my eyes.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It was always known as a "hidden gem" for the PS3, back in 2007.

It's only overlooked because of how much of a leap Uncharted 2 made in pretty much all aspects, story included.

23. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Its understandable, U2 really expanded in all ways. But Uncharted has this classic feel I could relate to the first Halo and Crash Bandicoot. Maybe its nostalgia, but I think I may like the first Uncharted more so than its sequels. Or like it in a way thats very different than the way I enjoyed its sequels.

Life and 07jonesj like this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The first adventure of any fictional universe is always unique due to it being just that - the first time.

Personally, I prefer the character arcs of the second and third games more than the first.

I've put the rest in spoilers in case Sx3 reads this post. There aren't huge spoilers but I don't want to give anything away. ;)

The Chloe/Nate/Elena triangle in U2 was done very well, the character of Harry Flynn was awesome. I love the Nate/Sully aspect of U3, as well as seeing the obsessed side of Nate. The story of U1 was simpler, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It focuses on fewer characters and fewer locations. It's less busy and lacks the scope of the latter two games, which I think actually makes it unique, rather than being a weakness.

The relationship between Nate and Elena began in U1, and that's what everything builds off of. That character development in U1 drives both of them through the other games.

It's a great trilogy, it truly is. I can compare them all I want, but I love all three.

Life and TrandoJedi like this.
  25. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    i have went back and started playing Prince of Persia (2009) again.

i love Elika.

Life likes this.