main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Jinnsfirstpadawan

Jinnsfirstpadawan Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2013
    I would love to see more Obi-Wan, especially if we could have a little BlueGhost!Qui in there somewhere...

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You know I wasn't that interested at first, but I was thinking that a Han Solo movie could actually be a movie about Han, Chewie, and Lando. We could all of their stories in one film. Now that could be interesting. We'd still have that casting problem though.

3. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Mods here are going nilly willy closing topics left and right. Re-linked here from the Palpatine thread. Very very annoying.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Well, I didn't realise the mods were keeping all the Spin Off discussion under one thread (Sorry mod overlords!)... So here's a repost of some of the info from my now locked thread from last night! -

For those of you that are unaware... Ian McDiarmid has done an interview with SciFiNow, discussing the future of SW, his interest in Palpatine and his thoughts on Plagueis - amongst other things.

The article can be found at:
    http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/3891...m_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed

Its a nice little read and Ian is as wonderful and committed to his art as ever, plus his thoughts on the future are interesting - so I thought I'd share it with y'all. Enjoy!

Obviously its not a rumour, and will likely never happen - but theres a lot of potential in a Palps movie. I think I'd rather see one than a Boba Fett movie at least. So... any thoughts?

darklordoftech and Death T like this.
  5. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Well, if they didn't, I don't even wanna know what this place would look like, LOL.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well Disney can make films much faster than George could because George financed his own movies, am I right? Anyway, I am really excited for these. I'd love a Revan film (obvious if you look at my avatar :p)

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Posters here are going nilly willy starting topics left and right.

8. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Not saying we should have tons of redundant threads or anything. Just that some topics can warrant their own space, and it's rather annoying sometimes when a perfectly fine discussion about a more particular subject is unceremoniously closed just because it can be lumped in with something else. Hell, all these threads are about episode 7, so why even have a forum? Start a thread in another forum for that matter. Just saying.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True, there is a definite balance to be found. It's just that for all of those topics that can warrant their own thread (and there are plenty), there are more that are either almost like a joke or at least very much in line with already existing discussion in a larger thread.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Yup, some threads need to be locked/relocated (I made a Jedi thread a week or so ago that was quickly merged with a larger one that I somehow missed, which was a very smart move on the mods' part). Other situations, though, are a bit over the top. I think its kind of ridiculous that every time somebody tried to make a KOTOR thread it got locked. That rumor had just as much legitimacy as Han Solo, Yoda, Boba Fett, and Seven Samurai and those were allowed to stay. Heck, I think there's an Obi-Wan thread and, apart from Ewan McGregor saying he'd like to do it, that's never even been rumored.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    True, some more specific topics do get merged with the one big, all encompassing more general thread. I don't really think that's necessary, because the specific discussion from the smaller thread then gets lost in the endless sea of the 30+ page existing thread...

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    I see what you're saying, but if we had a new thread every time an actor says they want to be in a spin-off we could end up with a lot of threads.

I mean what actor wouldn't want their own Star Wars movie?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Is the obi-wan kenobi spin-off film still in talks and production??

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And sorting through an existing 30-page thread is not any more of a pain that scrolling through 30 threads on the same subject on the first page of the forum.

darklordoftech and eht13 like this.
  15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If anyone has issues with the moderation here, feel free to discuss it in Comms. We promise not to Force choke anyone. :p

16. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Um, was there ever any indication that an Obi-Wan spin-off was in "talks" or production? All I heard was Ewan saying he might be down for it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Without the edit, it kinda did sound like a veiled threat hahah.

18. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Correct. There was NEVER any indication they were thinking of making an Obi-Wan spin-off.

That's the thing with these spin-offs: all you have to do is name a reasonably-popular character and *poof* instant rumour. It's easy to forget that we haven't heard ANYTHING concrete about any films other than the ST.

Personally, I wonder if we're being a little self-centred with these spin-off ideas. I mean, we're all thinking of the existing characters we'd like to see. Maybe the spin-offs are going to cover new characters from the ST. The new Han Solo, the new Boba Fett. Seems just as likely.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Except for the Bossk spin-off, of course. That's as good as confirmed.

:p

Jedi Merkurian and JasonW like this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Eh, no reason to make a spin-off about a known character.
    A new, original character gives way more freedom and options.

Plus, one would hope that it would lower the amount of reflexive hate/hype a movie about a known character will get.

21. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    A known character is easier to market though.

I foresee them releasing the ST, seeing who's popular, and giving them a spin-off. If they were doing this in the OT days, it'd be Han or Boba. If they did it during the PT, it'd be Maul. In the ST? Time - and action figure sales - will tell.

22. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Pre-Prequel Trilogy Yoda story. He was over 800 years old when he died. He had encountered Sith before. Could be a good one. We get to see Yoda in his prime kicking arse waaay before anyone we've seen on screen before was born.

A Boba Fett movie seems very likely given the available actors for that part. Would almost be a crime not to.

Other than that surprise me! So many possibilities!

23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Boba Fett= Likely to happen but IDK how it will do box office wise. They'd really need to do a good job casting, and director wise *any director suggestions?*
    Han Solo= I feel so bad for the guy who has to replace Harrison Ford. He's gunna be hated no matter what he does. I can see them making this film cause Han Solo is considered an audience favorite
    Obi Wan= Possible and it definitly has its benefits *seeing as though you wont need to recast and would be fairly cheap to make*
    New character= While it wont have the built-in audience a solo film based off an already known character would, it could work well in their favor. Instead of having films where we already know the fate of those characters *like we all know boba fetts gunna eventually go in the pitt, and Han is gunna end up at that bar with chewie* with a new character there is more of a mystery since we wont know what to expect.

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Joe Johnston. He helped create the character in the first place and has wanted to do a film for a while now.

25. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I think its the ultra-stern, unending glare of Samuel L in the avatar that instills more fear than anything else, haha :)