main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you see a Sith warning a Jedi of the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthMarik, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    I mean I've always seen the typical Jedi that tries warning people to stay away from or to not give into the dark side. But I've also wondered if a Sith who has some respect for an enemy Jedi would not want to see that Jedi become consumed by the dark side or for a Sith that has walked such a dark and miserable path that he or she wouldn't wish that fate on anyone else.

Ideally during the epic final fight of a noble and famous jedi with a long history of battle with said sith would start to become corrupted and the Sith would become alarmed and say

"Are you insane? Do you have any idea what giving into the dark side will do to you! It doesn't matter what your intentions are Jedi if you go down this path you'll lose everything and all that will be left of you is a monster. Would you go that far to become pitiful being like myself that succumbed to hatred and vengeance? If I am to be defeated it must be at the hands of a Jedi. Don't do it don't become a monster like me."

2. CryoDragoon

CryoDragoon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2006
    It certainly makes for a very interesting idea. Time to hit the fan fiction section, I'd say, you got a story there ;p

I'd actually like to see something like that. I'd prefer it to be more subtle, though, almost like subtext beneath what a person is saying/doing. I can certainly imagine those feelings gnawing at you, the humanity only just shining through the cracks that the dark side, trying to get out.

HARRY POTTER SPOILERS!!
    Think the Snape vs McGonnigall scene.
    (action starts at 2:15, but really, watch the entire scene. it's just awesome)
    IMHO one of the best scenes in the entire final Harry Potter movie. One of the better changes they made from the books.
    I had read the book beforehand so the real, more-or-less good nature of the Snape character was already known to me.
    However at this point in the story, you/everyone still thinks he's one of the evilest of evil guys. And he is confronted.
    He pulls his wand. But what does he do with it? Nothing, really. Just stands there waiting. Then the actual good-guy starts shooting fire at him. What does he do? Still nothing. Pure defense. And at the end? He reflects the fire on to the other two baddies in the corner, dispatching them, before leaving in peace, basically. And then people scream 'coward' at him. I genuinely felt sorry for the guy right there.
    How's that for a brilliant scene?
    Wow.

So in a way, yes, but not as an explicitly stated dramatic monologue with lots of arm-flailing and woe-is-me in the way you put it just now as that might break character...
    Don't get me wrong, the monologue itself sounds mighty epic, but you must be pretty monstrous/pitiful/hateful, etc. to be so far over the fence on the Dark Side terrain that you can't return anymore, but then how do you present such a monster with enough humanity such that they can even utter that kind of sentiment without it seeming like breaking too far out of character?
    (*just finished murdering babies and eating them* 'oh no, don't become like me yadda yadda' -> now those are writing skills! (joking aside, see what I mean? ;p))...

In a way, the question would then become, how far can you put your character over on the dark side scale without it being unrealistic to utter that sentiment, but without it becoming too 'light' as well (*just nose-pinched a droid* 'oh no I'm so eeeevil, don't become like me...')

3. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    If they did, it would be in a strong or emotional relationship and from a sith that is wise to both paths, and although accepts that the sith path leads to power, it does not bring the peace of mind that the jedi path can bring.
    So parent-child or lover/strong friendship relationship. And also the sith would have to have an insane amount of wisdom to accept the dark side is not a path everyone should take.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I think the relationship betweent the two would be the key. For example I could see a situation like this as AU between Jacen and Allanna or Jacen and Ben.

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Jacen tried to turn Ben. :p

Jacen and Allana is a great example though.

6. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    If a Sith knows he's in the wrong and tries to stop a fellow Jedi from falling to the dark side why not just help yourself out first and come back to the right side? If that's what you call it

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably not.

8. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    Because said Sith might feel so hopeless and be so jaded that in his eyes he's a despicable monster worthy only of death and beyond any hope of redemption. Thus leaving only his desire to save others from his cursed fate.

9. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    I'll be honest this is the kind of scene I'm talking about took me a while to find it.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Can you see a Sith warning a Jedi of the Dark Side?

Odd question.

Because, to me, that was what Emperor Palpatine did and got wrong during the Battle of Endor. If he had just shut the **** up, and let Luke do his thing, let his rage play out when Vader goads him about his sister, by time the credits rolled, Luke would have turned to the Dark Side, but nooo, Palpie has to do the "Good, good, the more you give in to your anger, the more you become my servant" or whatever it was he said, its been a number of years since I watched the movie.

So I think that has already been done. Not out of respect though.

Tevase2 likes this.
  11. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    If the Sith and Jedi had a former relationship then i could see it happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.