main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Bloodlines of The Nephilim in The Bible

Discussion in 'Community' started by Green_Destiny_Sword, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  3. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Whaaaaaaa......???

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I was going to reply with something about a theory about how the flood didn't really cover the entire world but instead was just over a large region. Then I clicked on the link and there was all this stuff about half-angels breeding with humans...and yeah, my reaction was the same as the last two posters >_>

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    1. The flood was only the Euphrates. Didn't cover the entire globe.

2. Angels and humans breeding does not lead to giants.

It leads to Nic Cage's o-face.
    [​IMG]

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    This is also the Catholic Church's view.

8. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I have to say I can't take any of these complaints seriously. The thread subject has the word BIBLE in it. If you hate Christianity or have no interest in the Bible, then it is your own folly or inner hatred/insecurity that brought you here.

I am simply posting this for those who have actual interest in this issue.

9. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I am potentially interested in the issue. The opening post just wasn't very explanatory. It was like "Hey, here is a weird spiritual mystic site about angel/human hybrids. Comments?"

What do you want to discuss, before getting all pissy?

Point Given likes this.
  10. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    "As it will be in the end times, much of the conflict centers around human DNA."

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    one can be interested in the bible and still believe that it's mostly meant to be allegorical.

Darth_Invidious and mrsvos like this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Emperor_Billy_Bob likes this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and jp-30 like this.
  14. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    LOL. I'm not getting "pissy", I am just calling these "complaints" for what they are. If someone who was Hindu posted a thread with a question about the goddess Kali, I wouldn't click on it and say "are you serious??" Of course they are. That is their belief system and I respect that. And I labeled my subject pretty clear so express utter shock that the topic deals with something from the Bible is just not sincere IMO.

In the Bible there are beings called Nephilim, who are angelic/human hybrids. There is nothing "weird" about it if you are into the Bible. My question was about the Biblical accounts of giants after the flood (i.e., Goliath of David and Goliath, who according to the Biblical account, was a giant, as well as his brothers) and how they returned after their initial destruction. This is a pretty debated question in this topic and I was just looking to hear the thoughts of others who may have looked into it as well.

15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Jewish oral tradition says that Og King of Bashan rode a unicorn that Noah conveniently forgot. Og was able to convince Noah to throw him food because Og had tied the unicorn to the Ark and rode it. And that is how the Nephilim survived the flood.

EDIT: BTW I'm not making this up.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The ancient view, and the view in Jesus' time, was that it was all a result of Angel/Human breeding. That's nothing new, it's been the view for thousands of years. That's why Paul wrote in the NT that women should cover their heads in public, for fear that a lustful angel will see and rape her.

I don't believe it literally, of course. Here's what I wrote about it a couple weeks ago in the Bible thread, to summarize it:

Very interesting is that many ancient Jews actually believed that both the Adam/Eve story was just a metaphor for what they believed "really happened," and that the Fall of Satan and the Fall of Humanity were actually extremely connected together in one story, and also extremely connected to the Flood story.

You see, many ancient Jews actually believed that many Angels, who were given the task by God to watch over and protect humanity, began to fall in lust with human women, and had sex and impregnated human women.

Part of this story is still found in the Bible, talking about how the Sons of God laid with the Daughters of Man or something like that. The angels also taught men all about Civilization, and not only arts and sciences but also warcraft (the knowledge of good and evil).

The human/angel offspring were the monstrous Giants, or Nephilim.

The angels were bound to hell, in the pits of the Earth, when God decided it was time to intervene and end this, and the leader of these lustful Angels later became identified with Christianity's Satan.

Many ancient Jews believed the serpent was a metaphor for these Fallen Angels, Eve was a metaphor for all those human women that the Watching Angels slept with, and the "forbidden fruit" was a metaphor for sex.

Anyways, back to the story, God discovered that his plan for humanity was almost completely ruined, and that only one family was still purebred humans: Noah's family. So that's where the Flood comes in. But some of these Watchers, these Guardian Angels, who hadn't fallen with the initial rebellion, would later continue to have sex with human women even after the flood.

This is where that tribe of humans that God wanted entirely wiped out came from, and Goliath was also a descendent of these human/angel hybrids.

Anyways, as for what happened to these hybrids after they died: that's where demons/ghosts/ghouls came from. Paul in the NT also makes a reference to this common belief at the time, when he tells women to cover their heads, or else a lustful angel may see her.

Yes, the writers of the Old Testament and New Testament definitely did believe that angels could and did have sex with humans. That's clear.

I think there's even more of a metaphor behind this story, though. The Giants destroying Humanity are said to be the offspring of Angels and Humans, right? And the Angels also taught Humans both good knowledge and bad knowledge, that led to civilization, right? Well, maybe the original authors of this story meant that the Angels were actually impregnating Humans with Ideas, not actual physical hybrid children, and these Giants/Nephilim were an allegory for the consequences and inventions of those ideas (like machines of war). And then in later times, by Jesus' time, the original meaning was lost and many just literally believed the Angels were out looking to seduce women, like what Paul apparently literally believed and referenced in the NT.

17. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    the fourth nuffelum was pretty cool:

[​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  18. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    Yep. I've heard that before and that Og hung on to the outside of the ark.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I submit to the court evil ducks vs Izzard.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's funny that a site which accused the Bible miniseries of "New Age mysticism" would have an article attempting to investigate something arguably more outre.

Wait, no, funny's the wrong word. "Typical." There we go.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You want to have a "serious" discussion about this? Among the many stupid points and outright errors in this website, they arbitrarily assume that because one giant is the product of inter-breeding (a faulty assumption in and of itself), all giants must be produced in this fashion. Why? Can't people just be tall?

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Reading a bit more of that website. It's lunatic city.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Meh... it isn't any more fantastical or far fetched as some dude parting a sea or coming back to life.

Diggy likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I've parted my hair and come back to life on here.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    We should give you a holiday... one in which a Diggy troll climbs into your house at night and leaves bacon under your pillow.

Darth_Invidious and Diggy like this.