main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Sure he isn't Force user, but he does have his advantages

1. Super computer chip in his brain, which would help him to control 4 lightsabers(Even some Jedi with 4 arms could not do so), calculate the enemy's move and reply with reasonable counterattacks.
    2. A very strong and agile mechanical skeleton body.
    3. 4 arms and legs as weapons.

And in CW he knew how to use his advantages, strike in right time.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Whereas Ahsoka's fate can be covered or left, I really think an Order 66 TCW novel should be written. It would cover many of the clones that we have been introduced to in the show, and demonstrate their roles in the final battles of the Clone Wars.

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    About the same as in a human, and he and Savage are already in their thirties.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm going to take a guess and say that Maul's life expectancy was probably lowered by spending 10 years on a junk planet.

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Does immersion in the Dark Side lead to longer lifespans?

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Good point. I don't think we have a life expectancy for Maul.

Well, my guess is a couple of days of torture by Sidious. :p

VMeran, Seerow and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's my fanon, but a fate for Rex that would sort of fulfill the character arc of him, explain his absence from ROTS, and also serve to show Vader's ruthlessness is in having Rex die immediately preceding Order 66. Palpatine tells Anakin to attack the Jedi Temple, so Vader has to go assemble the troops and they surely know what it is that they are going to do.

Fives, Cut and Slick all seem to represent the more independent minded clones - for better or worse, and Rex has dealt with them all.

-Slick sees the clones as slaves- which is what they are to be under Order 66, also with the implication that there is an element of brainwashing (Bonus Content Preview).
    -Fives likewise fights for what he believes in and will go as far as to urge disobedience and mutiny against Krell
    -Cut has deserted and formed a family putting their needs before duty

All three have a tie to "family" or doing what's right. Slick acted the way he did for "his brothers." Cut had his own family. And the clones being turned against each other was the breaking point that sent the clones into open defiance of Krell - going so far as to kill him.

If Vader is assembling the Clones to attack the Jedi, those three characters' aspects could have impacted the way Rex acts to that order.

-Sees brainwashing switch on in his brothers and is able to resist it himself
    -Loyalty to his "brothers" and willing to die to protect them
    -Willingness to protect the Jedi who have treated the clones like individuals and like any other human.

Rex resists, perhaps tries to turn on Vader, puts it all on the line to possibly be a last ditch effort to protect the Temple, stop Vader and Palpatine, but ultimately is killed mercilessly by Vader. Appo is promoted on the spot, and the attack on the Temple continues.

==============

As for Maul. I don't know how old he is supposed to be in TPM, 20-30s, I would think.

+13 years to ROTS
    +19 years to ANH
    +4 years to ROTJ
    +30-40 years to ST

86 years old minimum in the ST. Possibly around the same age that Palpatine was in ROTJ. I don't know how Zabrak are supposed to age, whether more slowly than humans or not. But he would be 106 assuming he was 30 in TPM and the ST took place 40 years post ROTJ. But I think the passage of 66-86 years for Maul to all of a sudden crop up again would be awful.

I don't think he was kept alive just to torture to death.

At worst I think he would have kept him alive to study how he survived. Or perhaps Palpatine could have been keeping him in the wings to replace Dooku once his usefulness ran out, and should Anakin die or not fall to the Dark Side as planned. But once Vader comes to be, I would think that Maul would be pitted against him and killed, or promptly killed by Sidious himself.

It's not like Palpatine had any intention of both he and Vader being killed. There's no reason to keep Maul around.

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    If he appear in ST, his lower half will be replaced with a wheelchair.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks. I don't get much of a chance to watch CN over here. :)

I think his life expectancy was drastically reduced when he was cut in half! :p

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Something I noticed when watching 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much', when the Clone uses the rocket launcher to knock Ahsoka over, she grabs one lightsaber, it looked like her short yellow one, but then it looks like her normal green one after, might just be the lighting for the colour and the angle for the length. I noticed it the first time I watched it, but after watching it several times, I'm sure they've made a mistake.

Seerow likes this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Let's be honest, that's not TCW's worst mistake they've ever made, is it?
    [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't worry, JK, you're not the only one to notice that. ;)

Lol, Jack. lol

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I noticed this as well. It seems like a bonafided animation mistake but a minor one. Compare that to the season 1 level mistakes like in 'Mystery of 1000 Moons' when they kept switching up the numbers of clones. LOL

07jonesj likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, not sure how they mixed up the shoto and the full blade since they look completely different. I wonder if Ahsoka even got those back?

Didn't they do that in the Citadel arc too? I could almost swear they killed twice as many clones as they took.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think they did that in the Citadel arc as well although its more noticable in Mystery. I admit II have some affection for that episode because of how corny it is and some of the errors in it. No only do they lose track of clone numbers. But the order of events... the clone with Padme would have been exposed to the virus, LOL. Not to mention how kinda lame the symptoms of the blue shadow virus seem to be. I mean its like fever and coughing, Not even like a really bad flu. Nothing the white trash cure all DayQuil and Sprite couldn't have fixed.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Mystery has 95% less stupid german doctor stereotypes so I actually enjoy the second episode. Iego has a really cool design.

Jar Jar getting good people killed through stupidity > Jar Jar tripping and defeating tank battalions.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    To bad they never followed up with Rex having to teach Jar Jar how to shoot a blaster. Maybe off screen that's where he got the patience to train the rebels on Onderon. Rex was smiling way to much there.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Rex and Jar Jar. Wolffe and 3PO.

They really don't deserve it, do they? ;)

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Soon we'll see Cody teach Ewoks how to throw spears.

iPodwithnomusic and VMeran like this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex and Jar Jar, Wolffe and 3PO, Neeyo and WAC. I shouldn't say they deserve it because I know how it feels and I know how I make people feel but yeah they do. Its funny. Wolffe and 3PO was some of the best comedy the show has come up with.

Sgt Crowfield and 07jonesj like this.
  21. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Incase you haven't found out, it starts April 8th at 10.30AM :)

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks! I will have to remember that!

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Congrats on season 5 across the pond. =)

I wonder if the episode order will be the same.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't find a website that is listing what episodes are to air yet, but I'll keep an eye on the Radio Times website. They've got a list of what episodes CN here are currently repeating. They appear to be repeating a mixture of S1 and S2 episodes for the next few days.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Keep an eye out. Not completely impossible the Clovis arc could sneak into the UK line up. I'd be so jealous. How often will the new episodes run? If its once a week I'll restick the episode threads. More often then that and I'm to lazy and its to many sticks. =b