main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about the Clone Wars Blurays.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    OK, I'll start off by apologizing, just in case if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I couldn't find any other place to post it, so here we go.

On Sunday I finally got to use that Amazon gift card sitting around, so I though I might as well buy the clone wars. So I bought the theatrical movie first, and then went onto season one, but there was a problem, I wouldn't have enough for the regular bluray release, so I got it repackaged, and it is already ordered! And then I Google searched what repacked meant, after I bought it. And It turns out that it is not a "second printing." But it is a product that is apparently watched and repacked.

But you see, the thing is, I bought it repackaged, and it was under new. Does that mean it will still be in the original box, and unwatched, does it mean that the bonus content will be taken out? Will it have the awesome booklet inside. Does any of you even know the answer to this question?

So, if there are any experienced amazon users, could someone tell me their experience, or guess? Just to make sure I'm not to exited for the bonus content in the book, if it's not even there. All help appreciated!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

'Repackaged' doesn't mean the product was already watched by someone. It just means the set was already opened. Not long ago people used to trade and buy used DVDs all the time and I got several movies from Blockbuster's prewatched bins back in the day. I don't think there is anything wrong with that if you meant to buy a repackaged Blu-ray set. However if you bought a new set and it comes repackaged then you probably overpaid and that was false advertising. I'd take it up with Amazon or the seller on Amazon.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think the S1 and S2 repacks are the ones that don't include the production sketch books. If you can get ones with the books they are really nice. S3 and S4 never had books with them :(

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  5. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Yeah I can confirm that repacked means they don't come with the booklets. I have the DVD sets with the book for seasons 1 and 2. I was looking on amazon a few weeks ago to see if there were any listings for the S5 bluray yet. I checked out the pages for the other seasons on bluray just out of curiosity and it states that the repacked bluray / DVD sets don't contain the booklet, whereas the original sets do. If you could get the original, that would definitely be worth it imo. I really liked the production booklets. Wish they had them for seasons 3 and 4.

6. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Here are some shots of the "repackaged" season sets. Notice that seasons 1 and 2 are not digibooks. They have less artwork but match the other seasons better. Seasons 3 and 4 only came in this style. No digibook.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VMeran likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I gotta say it again. The art work for season 4's booklet cover looks lame compared to the first 3, even more so with the repackaged sets next to it.

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Anybody know if a box set of all the seasons will be released? If it will, hopefully it comes sooner than later.... (I've been waiting for this :p)

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    There's been a full set compilation every year, so I imagine so.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not in the States. Hope not. That might force me to rebuy them and if they do something like that the set had better be gorgeous like The Lion King collectors edition box was.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they do that, I want a steel book version like the special 'bestbuy edition' of the TCW movie.

[​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I want to say Rex on the cover of a Steelbook isn't good enough. =b

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Amazon.co.uk are currently listing the Complete Season 1-5 as a boxset but it also lists Season 5 VD/blu-ray separately though. I imagine it will be a generic boxset. Each year they've compiled new seasons into a boxset with previous ones. I've got the Complete boxset for season 1-3, and then 4 separately. But its just a generic set.

And at least you guys in the US are lucky... you got the slipcases! We didn't over here :(

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The regular Blu ray sells for $10 here. The steelbook DVD sells for $50+ on eBay... And I would have bought one had someone else not gotten there first.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool. I'd want something way fancier to make it worth rebuying.

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Im just gonna wait till the show is done and get the complete collectors set :p

17. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    hmm, It said it was new. SO I'm still hoping it has the digi book, but if not, i guess that's OK, I can get it at a later date. Thanks for the help guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.