main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Who was cast as "Boy" again? I remember speculation that it was Ramsay (because it was obvious). I definitely won't mind the new Theon scenes if they're done right, although yeah, I don't know how I'd feel if Stannis were considering burning Shireen.

And if Jeyne Westerling is pregnant with Robb's child as is speculated (admittedly might be a stretch and is only based on some weird descriptions when Jamie meets the supposed imposter), then Talisa dying at the Red Wedding would be a bit of a mistake.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    is this another known departure from the books or are you misremembering how that actually went down?

3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd prefer Beric reviving Cat to be offscreen like it was in the book, and the first time we see Stoneheart is "alive" (though I imagine the character who sees her will be a different Frey).

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i agree with that. i think they might handle it differently though if beric is going to be a fairly major character in season 3. it would be weird for him to just suddenly disappear.

and i agree about talisa. i'm assuming that grrm would let the show producers in on a major plot point like that though?

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah I forgot it was Beric who revived Cat in the book. I've no clue if that will change for the show.

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I wonder if the second episode is referring to the battle at the Fist. That would be a little cruel, not showing what happened to the Night's Watch until episode two. Then again, George went how many chapters after the prologue before getting to Sam's flashback?

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I've just been re-reading ACoK, and having been frustrated by the differences between the book and season 2 of GoT, I have a question. In ACoK Jaime corroborates Tyrion's claim that the blade used by Bran's would-be assassin isn't Tyrion's, but actually Robert Baratheon's, thus proving that Littlefinger deceived Catelyn at his brothel in AGoT. Does the Catelyn of the show know this yet, or have I missed it in Season 2? Because when they meet at Renly's camp (doesn't happen in the novel) Catelyn is only upset with him for betraying Ned at that point. So, does Catelyn know by the end of Season 2 that Littlefinger lied to her about the Valyrian blade?

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Isn't it revealed that Joffrey sent the assassin?

9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, but does Catelyn know that it wasn't Tyrion in the show yet? I would post this in the GoT thread, but it would be considered a spoiler if she hasn't reached that conclusion yet.

10. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Not sure. That was the reason she kidnapped him and took him to the Vale, but did he convince her that he really didn't send the assassin?

11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    In ACoK Jaime also says that it isn't Tyrion's blade -- which Littlefinger claims it to be -- and Jaime and Tyrion haven't seen each other since Winterfell, no allowing time for them to get their story straight. That's when Catelyn realises Tyrion didn't lie to her, and didn't order the assassin after Bran. Has show-Catelyn reached the same conclusion?

12. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Not that I know of. Does it have to be wrapped up though? I'm pretty sure fans of the show just know that the Lannisters were responsible, and that's about all that Catelyn knows as well.

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't really care about that, I care about her knowing that Petyr lied to her back then...I suppose it doesn't have to be explicitly said. She did scream at him for betraying Ned, I suppose.

14. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    It's not like she ever interacts with Baelish afterwards, unless she tracks him down as LS.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    RC-1991 likes this.
  16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    ahahaha **** him so much

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So....when will he complete it? 2027?

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Need to finish reading the books that are complete. Still on A Feast for Crows. Favorite characters are Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Tyrion, Jaime and Brienne.

YodaKenobi likes this.
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  20. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Almost finished with A Dance With Dragons. Saw where it got a heavy mixed reaction. Don't think it deserves all the criticism, but It is a little irritating that plot lines are just left hanging half way through the book. Characters come in and out of the story at a wim. Davos and Bran for example. Their story was finished around page 400. Just dropped. No more story till next book for them. I question why Quentyn Martell was even given a sizeable part in the book? I'm beginning to think George had plans for the character, but ended up realizing the character was a bore and just killed him off. From what I understand George had lots of problems writing the book. I also understand it that he pretty much had to rework his original plan. Originally the story after SOS was to pick up 5 years. After writing a good bit he realized that most of his story was exposition of what happened over the five years, so he had to scratch everything. The way I see it ADWD, more so than AFFC, is more an attempt to get his story back on track to where he originally wanted to be. Still the book was all over the place character wise. Daenarys really needs to get to Westeros.

I'll give George a repreive. If anything the nightmare of these past to books is over, and now he can get back on track. Way it looks Winds of Winter will be moving a a more brisk pace, and the way George talks a few plot thread will be wrapped up early one. Hopefully that means the Mereen section. With Victarion,Baristan, Tyron,Jorah, Daenarys all together in that part of the work hopefully a big battle will commence early and we'll wrap that up and Dany can be back in Westeros atleast by the middle of Winds of Winter.

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I don't know what the point of Quentyn was except to be sad and pathetic.

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Didn't GRRM debunk that though? Besides which he surely would've told the show runners.

23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he debunked it. Don't have a link on hand at the moment, though. And lol Quentyn Martell, your only point was to ensure that the Martells throw in with Aegon instead of Dany.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    This detailed theory pretty much confirms that Talisa is a Lannister of Lannisport (I remember thinking that the new Lannister Tywin yelled at was probably her father), so she probably won't be killed at the Red Wedding anyway. The only thing I don't agree with is why Roose Bolton quietly left them alone every time; he just isn't a yelling and argumentative type like Umber or Karstark.

And I wasn't aware that GRRM really comments on ANY theory. Like I said, it's farfetched, but I would like to see a quote debunking the Jeyne-is-pregnant-and-escaped-with-the-Blackfish thing. Then again, we'll already have Sansa, Rickon, and probably Jon Snow being claimants to the North. I hope we'll get Robb writing that letter that names Jon his heir in the show.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I've circled May 26th on my calendar as the day when all hell breaks loose on the social media sites. The Red Wedding will be so frickin awesome to see on screen.