main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I always say look to Marvel as the template. Avengers is the end of their "phases" so maybe a similar thing with Star Wars. But the Episodes come at the start. So, therefore, Ep 7, Boba Fett & Han Solo flick out each year. Maybe even a Yoda. Episode 8 = ST character spin-off, maybe a spin-off sequel to phase one spin-off Boba/Han/Yoda, maybe an Obi-Wan flick. Ep 9, then maybe a post-Ep 9 spin-off but not a proper "episode" sequel. From there to infinity and beyond. Which means a Buzz Lightyear crossover!

Death T likes this.
  2. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    No ideas right now but (though he can be a douche) Kevin Smith would be the go-to guy for complete character and universe loyalty... He's good with story, characters, fanservice... and he could likely intoduce some dry humour to some supporting Bounty Hunters also. - Maybe give him the screenwriter job?

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Kevin Smith basically pitched a Boba Fett movie in an article. It involves time-travel.
    No, really.

4. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Star Wars Origins: Yoda (Features Mace Windu. The movie can end with Yoda getting to Degabau)
    Star Wars Origins: Boba Fett (A dark film that very close to being R-rated but still PG13)
    Star Wars Origins: Han Solo (Starts with Harrison talking about his past and flashes back)

I'm not sure I want to see anyone else.

5. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    If they followed the model of The Avengers, then surely the spin-offs would all be about ST characters, not old characters?

I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not the model to look at - it's something very specific to its genre (individual superheroes, each with their own complete world and supporting cast, who occasionally team up). Personally, I would say look at the X-Men films.

You have the first three films - they're the "Episodes", they tell the main story.

Then you have X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the upcoming The Wolverine, solo spin-offs for the most famous character (which for us would be Vader- at the moment).

Then there's First Class and the upcoming Days of Future Past - prequels/reboots (and sequel, in the case of DoFP), but more importantly make up for the lack of the icon by fitting in as many other characters as possible. So under this model, we might have, say, an underworld movie that includes Han, Chewie, Lando, Boba, Jabba, and probably a Vader cameo as well.

6. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I... Wha- uh... Wow.
    I'm sure given the gig he'd leave time-travelling bounty hunters to the imagination of children, I hope.

...Although, there's a morbidly curious part of me that really wants to see 'Back to the Fetture'...

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Kinda told that story in ROTS.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Boba is going to chase Han Solo until he runs into a sand crawler full of manure, causing 300 credits' damage to the Falcon, which he then unsuccessfully attempts to take out of Han's ass.

Darth Venator and eht13 like this.
  9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You know, I like that Han Solo idea. You could have a spinoff that comes out between Episode VII and VIII that begins with Harrison Ford (Han Solo) talking about his past and then the story is told like we saw in The Hobbit. It certainly would cause less of a shock to see a recasted Han Solo when we just saw the original one in the story.

lbr789 likes this.
  10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Ridley Scott doing a Boba spin off! Pleeeeeeease

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    After Prometheus, I'd keep Ridley Scott away from the camera for a while.
    Hopefully he doesn't go ahead with that Blade Runner 2 madness.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The X-Men series template is a good, logical example, but the first word we hear outta Disney re. spin-off is classic characters ala Boba Fett & Han Solo & Yoda (who is actually freakin' dead! Same with Boba, pretty much), so I would think that Disney would want to crank out stand-alone flicks in between the episodes. I originally thought they would just got ST-then-spin-offs but they would probably want to get Lucasfilm moving (and Kennedy said as much) much like Marvel or Pixar are, one-per-year is basically the standard. So it would work like Marvel in as much that the Episodes are the big deals and the spin-offs are fresh Lucasfilm Star Wars product to churn out every year in between Episodes, except they jump around the timeline and Disney gets to trot out the classic iconic characters instead of relying on the untested ST characters. At least for the first go-around until Ep. 8 is out and they got options to use ST characters.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Smith smokes a lot of weed and comes up with strange ideas, gets petulant and precious about them, and doesn't change his mind. I'm a big fan but after reading that and hearing him talk about the subject, 100% he would do time-travellin' Boba Fett script. Damn shame, that, because I do like his work a lot but I think he's fallen down one of his pot holes with this idea and wouldn't get out of it.

Darth Venator likes this.
  14. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Couldn't agree more. A real shame indeed - I could see him handling a SW script really well if he finds his form, but yeah - until he stops thinking about Looper Fett, he can stay put.

15. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    It would be interesting to see a Sidious movie with a plot like the British TV Show 'House of Cards.'

Darth Venator likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If they did a Sidious movie I'd imagine it would be an origin movie. So if it was an origin movie, which actor could play our favorite little evil emperor when he was young?

17. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I think I'd rather it be a relatively unknown actor, so as to avoid any attached stigma... But I'm not sure! What kind of age are we talking here?

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I have no idea. Palpatine has weird ages *I still can't believe Ian was thirty-something when he made the originals*. My mind instantly thinks "Go for an awesome guy who looks like he could become a sith lord". My mind says Fassbender but he's already Magneto...plus I'd be making non-stop "Our Hidden Lives" jokes.

19. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I had a glimmer of Fassbender but I'd sooner see him as a military officer, or other non-sith enemy.

I have a lot of love for Sam Riley, a great British talent and a versatile,powerful, quite brooding actor. He'd work for me!

...And strangely enough, he starred in On The Road alongside Garrett Hedlund who I would love to see as the young Han Solo.

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    People talk about Hedlund a lot but I keep feeling that a majority of his appeal is that he looks like Harrison Ford. I just dont think he's the best actor...plus he's in Tron but whatever thats just my opinion.

21. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Ridley Scott is an excellent visual director; Prometheus' shortcomings lied in its script.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  22. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I didn't initially see the Ford resemblance actually! There's a little bit there I guess, but no more so than anyone else could be made to look like Ford with the right haircut and wardrobe.

I wasn't aware of the other cries for him to be Solo until recently actually. It hit me like a train when I saw him in On The Road... I took to the net after and found I wasn't the only one with that opinion! He just oozes charisma and charm in that movie (If you've not seen it already and like character dramas, I highly recommend it!). For me, he's easily capable of taking on the role, a real talented guy, something I never realised when watching Tron (I didn't even remember it was him until the other day, seriously!) and hey, there's a Disney link there too!

As for the slight resemblance to Ford? Merely an added bonus :)

EDIT: I forgot to ask, who would you cast as young Mr Solo? Any thoughts?

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I guess but I'd rather have an unknown who I dont go "Oh hey that guy also played The Dude's kid...and was also a fanboy choice for the role of Captain America *next to Jensen Ackles who BTW...I feel bad for him. Always fancasted for every role yet can't do any cause of Supernatural*

24. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    True, but then... I never thought Renton from Trainspotting could pull off being Obi-Wan!

Hopefully if they do cast a familiar face, they'll become known for their fantastic performance in an earth shatteringly good SW movie instead, eh?

Damn, I always feel bad for Ackles too. He tops damn near every poll or web article I see for "Which actor should play _______?" The man is destined to move onto bigger things yet they always seem to be an inch out of his reach!

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I agree, but visuals alone do not make a movie. For me personally, the shortcomings of the script (on multiple levels) far outweighed any pleasure I might have had from the visuals alone.